Nintendo 3DS Forums
Go Back   Nintendo 3DS Forums > General > The Lounge

The Lounge Just feel like having a chat? Talk about anything in here that doesn't fit in other sections of the forums.

Boondocks Season 4 premieres April 21st
Old 06-27-2011, 05:38 AM
Order's Avatar
Amethyst Rockstar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,699
Default Boondocks Season 4 premieres April 21st

'The Boondocks' returning for season 4 | Welcome to S2Smagazine.com


Great News!
Old 06-27-2011, 05:39 AM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

I happen to enjoy this series.

I don't really know why D:
Old 06-27-2011, 05:42 AM
Storm's Avatar
The One and Only
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In all of your hearts.
Posts: 2,884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues View Post
I happen to enjoy this series.

I don't really know why D:
It's because you're racist and love hearing the N-word, you horrible human being.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:44 AM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

That's a possibility, but I'm sure there's more to it.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:45 AM
Holmes's Avatar
Shalashaska
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,561
Default

Awesome! This is the best news I've heard all day
Old 06-27-2011, 05:53 AM
madpenguin's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: secret headquarters in south pole
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues View Post
That's a possibility, but I'm sure there's more to it.
thats not funny.........thats racist.

i like boondocks when its not talking about common race subjects. my favorite episode was "the red ball" cause it revealed what the studio that made the show was capable of.
with the effects and all
Old 06-27-2011, 05:57 AM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpenguin View Post
thats not funny.........thats racist.

i like boondocks when its not talking about common race subjects. my favorite episode was "the red ball" cause it revealed what the studio that made the show was capable of.
with the effects and all

Old 06-27-2011, 05:58 AM
Cody1992's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mississippi, US
Posts: 1,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpenguin View Post
thats not funny.........thats racist.
That's not racist..........That's life.

/s

Edit: Ohmygeezus at the laughing man. I cannot look away.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:01 AM
Storm's Avatar
The One and Only
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In all of your hearts.
Posts: 2,884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpenguin View Post
thats not funny.........thats racist.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:04 AM
madpenguin's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: secret headquarters in south pole
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody1992 View Post
That's not racist..........That's life.

/s

Edit: Ohmygeezus at the laughing man. I cannot look away.
so you agree with her. ju are all hurtful. T-T
Old 06-27-2011, 06:08 AM
Cody1992's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mississippi, US
Posts: 1,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpenguin View Post
so you agree with her. ju are all hurtful. T-T
/s = sarcasm

But sadly, it is life. I live in the south. I see racism flow both ways (although it's usually in the direction one wouldn't expect it to flow).
Old 06-27-2011, 06:10 AM
Storm's Avatar
The One and Only
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In all of your hearts.
Posts: 2,884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody1992 View Post
although it's usually in the direction one wouldn't expect it to flow
I think anyone surprised by hate hasn't been in this world long enough.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:13 AM
Order's Avatar
Amethyst Rockstar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,699
Default

Sad to say but the world is runs on hate.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:16 AM
madpenguin's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: secret headquarters in south pole
Posts: 78
Default

but i like mother gaia. does she hate meh too?
Old 06-27-2011, 06:19 AM
Cody1992's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mississippi, US
Posts: 1,291
Default

Yes she does. You pollute her Earth on a daily basis. /s

So anyways, back to The Boondocks, I loved the episode when Granddad does [enter illegal substance here]. That was hilarious. Old people and [enter illegal substance here] are always funny when put together.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:42 AM
PeaceMaker's Avatar  
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 433
Default

WOOOTGHERHGEGEWG RGHQWGHWHGWQH

I'm sorry, I just had a fangasm. Anyway, amazing.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:43 AM
madpenguin's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: secret headquarters in south pole
Posts: 78
Default

i sort of liked the one where they focused more on huey being a domestic terrorist. i didnt rlly understand the flow of that episode though.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:47 AM
Cody1992's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mississippi, US
Posts: 1,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpenguin View Post
i sort of liked the one where they focused more on huey being a domestic terrorist. i didnt rlly understand the flow of that episode though.
I've never seen that one. I don't watch the show that often though. It's King of the Hill, a Netflix movie, then bed..or another Netflix movie.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:50 AM
Storm's Avatar
The One and Only
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In all of your hearts.
Posts: 2,884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaShock View Post
America isn't the world
Is the horrible xenophobia of the far east? The religious extremism of the Middle-East? The pervasive classism/racism of Europe? The ubiquitous tribalism of Africa? The disgusting amount of corruption and oppression of South America?

Hate isn't exclusive to any nation, people group, or location. The human race shares in it equally.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:55 AM
Cody1992's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mississippi, US
Posts: 1,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
Is the horrible xenophobia of the far east?
Wow, I've seen the word xenophobia four times in the past three days. Before then, I have never even heard of the word. (The first was actually a girl talking about Japanese xenophobia.)
Old 06-27-2011, 06:56 AM
Fullstop's Avatar  
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denial
Posts: 262
Default

I picked up the first published collection way back in the day and was hooked. It's a good series and a great show. Aaron Macgruder has a certain way to twist subjects into a hilarious outing.

One of my favorite strips is when Riley ends up taking over for Grandad on the Census job, and has a bat. "CENSUS 2G FOOL! WHAT?"
Old 06-27-2011, 07:02 AM
Storm's Avatar
The One and Only
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In all of your hearts.
Posts: 2,884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaShock View Post
Amongst developed countries, most of them have significantly less hate going on than in America.
You either have a skewed view of America or a skewed view of developed countries.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:04 AM
Nintendofanboy99's Avatar  
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 274
Default

Thats awesome the show is hilarious.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:58 AM
Storm's Avatar
The One and Only
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In all of your hearts.
Posts: 2,884
Default

Things wrong with your post:

- "You realy need to research other countries sometime"
- "I wouldn't expect you to understand"
- "You probably don't realise"

Your last sentence is right though, let me know if you want to carry the discussion on elsewhere.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:41 PM
callmeJackz's Avatar
SKG (Swag King General)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,883
Default

So let me get this straight. This thread went from:
News about Boondocks Season 4 and a harmless joke between two members..
to an over dramatic kid who let it fly straight over his head..
to people trying to help him get a clue...
to the SAME over dramatic kid who still doesn't get it...
then somehow America got dragged into it...
to the thread "almost" going back to the boondooks...
and now America again is the subject. And to the dude that brought America up: funny you should talk about "hate" when all I see on the internet is other countries hating on America with the same old washed out jokes. That's like everyday. You should surf the net more.

But anyway I'm excited for this. Yes it's over the top but that doesn't stop it from being a quality show. And I think it's over the top style is what makes it so good
Old 06-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Baroque's Avatar
Best Starter Confirmed
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Just West of Weird.
Posts: 9,639
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaShock View Post
America isn't the world
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
Is the horrible xenophobia of the far east? The religious extremism of the Middle-East? The pervasive classism/racism of Europe? The ubiquitous tribalism of Africa? The disgusting amount of corruption and oppression of South America?

Hate isn't exclusive to any nation, people group, or location. The human race shares in it equally.
Nah. He's right, Storm. We Americans are the only ones in the world physically capable of hate. All that other stuff in the world you mentioned is just peaches and rainbows. Back on topic: So glad this show is coming back for a fourth season. Its a really great show and I'm a big fan.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:17 PM
Rentaline's Avatar
No Bombs in Nintendoland
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,745
Default

If there are any new black members to the neighborhood, do NOT trust them!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Fullstop's Avatar  
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denial
Posts: 262
Default

Especially if they're "over there".
Old 06-28-2011, 07:33 PM
drwill439's Avatar
Super Smash Bros. Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Earth. Its where I keep my stuff.
Posts: 577
Default

The show isnt rly racist as much as it is making fun of racism. People have to learn that jokes are jokes. If you dont like the show for whatever reason, just dont watch it. I dont like Glee, but im not gonna go into why it shouldnt be aired or why its gay theme is wrong to me, i just turn that sh!t off.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:25 AM
antigrammer's Avatar
Meet the Undead
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kansas City, KS
Posts: 1,126
Default

I read the comic strip when it was in my local paper, but I'm not really familiar with the television show. It is essentially the same thing, right? I remember liking the comic, even if it was a little cynical for my taste.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:10 AM
drwill439's Avatar
Super Smash Bros. Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Earth. Its where I keep my stuff.
Posts: 577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antigrammer View Post
I read the comic strip when it was in my local paper, but I'm not really familiar with the television show. It is essentially the same thing, right? I remember liking the comic, even if it was a little cynical for my taste.
TBH, no. The show is the comic, but more fleshed out and very not for kids. If you can stand hearing the N word(yeah, that word) a couple dozen times per episode, the show's very good.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:15 AM
Szayel
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

OMG. Its not racist, I'm black and I love it.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:06 AM
madpenguin's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: secret headquarters in south pole
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeJackz View Post
So let me get this straight. This thread went from:
News about Boondocks Season 4 and a harmless joke between two members..
to an over dramatic kid who let it fly straight over his head..
to people trying to help him get a clue...
to the SAME over dramatic kid who still doesn't get it...
then somehow America got dragged into it...
to the thread "almost" going back to the boondooks...
and now America again is the subject. And to the dude that brought America up: funny you should talk about "hate" when all I see on the internet is other countries hating on America with the same old washed out jokes. That's like everyday. You should surf the net more.

But anyway I'm excited for this. Yes it's over the top but that doesn't stop it from being a quality show. And I think it's over the top style is what makes it so good
who's the kid? are you referring to me?
Old 06-29-2011, 03:32 PM
callmeJackz's Avatar
SKG (Swag King General)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,883
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpenguin View Post
who's the kid? are you referring to me?
Yes you. If you're not a kid then my apologies but you still were over dramatic and blew a joke out of proportion.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:02 AM
Baroque's Avatar
Best Starter Confirmed
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Just West of Weird.
Posts: 9,639
Default

They just aired a promo for the new season. Apparently the season premiere will be on April 21st, so Mondays is now Boondocks day.
__________________
"People some walked I ken" - Logitech
Old 03-14-2014, 04:11 AM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

I hope there is another Stinkmeaner episode - Those are the absolute best episodes in my opinion aside from the Crazy Kung-Fu Wolf ***** and most episodes featuring Robert's dating life
Old 03-14-2014, 04:15 AM
Baroque's Avatar
Best Starter Confirmed
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Just West of Weird.
Posts: 9,639
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmis View Post
I hope there is another Stinkmeaner episode - Those are the absolute best episodes in my opinion aside from the Crazy Kung-Fu Wolf ***** and most episodes featuring Robert's dating life
Yeah, the Stinkmeaner episodes are always great. I know they said that the Hateocracy was the final episode, but i'm betting they'll be back some way.
__________________
"People some walked I ken" - Logitech
Old 03-14-2014, 06:14 AM
Holmes's Avatar
Shalashaska
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,561
Default

What's a Kumite?
__________________
Last night I cut the light off in my bedroom, hit the switch was in the bed before the room was dark.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:16 AM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

WA TAH! .
Old 04-23-2014, 05:07 AM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default



Get ****ed up
Old 04-23-2014, 05:22 AM
TLAZERBOY's Avatar
Boy with a lazer
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: i go places where do YOU go
Posts: 197
Default

Oh my god i missed it... I was so looking forward to it ;~;
__________________
Living life a 1/4 mile at a time..
FC: 2552-0564-4025 PSN: Carbnfibr
Old 04-24-2014, 03:58 AM
BMO's Avatar
BMO BMO is offline
Persona 5 never
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,469
Default

making fun of chris brown is so 2009
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:45 PM
BMO's Avatar
BMO BMO is offline
Persona 5 never
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,469
Default

wow the episodes so far have really been lacking

seems out of order to
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:16 AM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

I don't really mind the Chris Brown episode, but the Good Times one was seriously off, with a lot of the jokes sounding forced. It was just stupid.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:38 AM
BMO's Avatar
BMO BMO is offline
Persona 5 never
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmis View Post
I don't really mind the Chris Brown episode, but the Good Times one was seriously off, with a lot of the jokes sounding forced. It was just stupid.
oh god yes. everyone seemed so out of character especially grandad.

this weeks episode was MUCH better
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-08-2014, 04:10 AM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

Aww, I've been so busy I forgot there was an episode this week... Do they re-air the episodes during the week?
Old 05-08-2014, 04:23 AM
BMO's Avatar
BMO BMO is offline
Persona 5 never
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmis View Post
Aww, I've been so busy I forgot there was an episode this week... Do they re-air the episodes during the week?
if my memory is right no. on saturday nights they play random episodes from different seasons but thats it
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.