Nintendo 3DS Forums
Go Back   Nintendo 3DS Forums > Gaming > Nintendo 3DS Games > Mario 3DS Games General

Mario 3DS Games General From Super Mario 3D Land to Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, discuss the many Mario games available for the 3DS here!

The item u hate the most or the most cheap in MK7
Old 12-11-2011, 04:38 AM
MarioKartFan25's Avatar
10000+ VR MK7
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: California USA
Posts: 511
Default The item u hate the most or the most cheap in MK7

I would have to say bullet bill is the cheapest thing in this game and also the star i hate it when im in 1st,2 or 3rd or whatever and right as your about to cross the finish line u get hit by a bullet bill or star right behind u that pisses me off so much but the game i still fun.
__________________
3DS FC 1289-8358-7241 Name Chris Add Me For MK7,LMDM,SF4 3D E,SSB,RE M 3D
NNID for Wii U Hughes26 add mii if you like on Wii U as we'll
Old 12-11-2011, 04:41 AM
FearTheJo's Avatar
To be a Wizard
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The bottom of the ladder, preparing for the climb...
Posts: 346
Default

The Spiny Shell always gave me difficulty. The Bullet Bill and Star people were too far behind me to catch up at all.
__________________
My mother always calls me son of a b*dundundun* Hell yes I am. just kidding Auzzie
Old 12-11-2011, 04:41 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

I can't see how anyone would have answer besides the banana.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:42 AM
morris6267's Avatar
Orange cats named Morris
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The island of Koridai
Posts: 220
Default

The tanooki tail thing. It take forever to go away and it's only good for defending yourself from red shells.
__________________
"This peace is what all true warriors strive for." -The King.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:03 AM
Wario!'s Avatar
Fat Powers
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 22
Default

Being it the air and being hit by a Spiny Shell or something and then you die, losing 6 coins.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:43 AM
Zyphent's Avatar  
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New England
Posts: 1,097
Default

Spiny shell, but not the usual "I'm in first and a I get last because of a spiny shell" reason, no I hate them because they no longer fly over the track, they hover down the middle.

I seem to get knocked out of 2nd or 3rd by a blue shell zooming by, just as often as first.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:48 AM
HotelSoap!'s Avatar
I wonder if that bar's still around
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ice Cream
Posts: 967
Default

Blue shell .
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid." <コ:彡
Old 12-11-2011, 05:49 AM
IOHBOY's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Your Backyard
Posts: 358
Default

I want to know what happened to the Fake Random Item Boxes.


Old 12-11-2011, 05:51 AM
Zyphent's Avatar  
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New England
Posts: 1,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
I want to know what happened to the Fake Random Item Boxes.


They were the worst item in the game, hands down.

Nobody fell for them, and they were just a less effective banana peel because they couldn't even shield against red shells. I'm glad they're gone.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:51 AM
HotelSoap!'s Avatar
I wonder if that bar's still around
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ice Cream
Posts: 967
Default

I also liked the POW block, well when i had it
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid." <コ:彡
Old 12-11-2011, 05:52 AM
ZeroChrome's Avatar
Reached Out to the Truth
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,318
Default

Besides the Spiny Shell, which we all HATE, I would say the lightning bolt. It's aggravating because you shrink, making you slower, and it lasts longer the higher up you are, it strips you of your items, so if you have like 3 shells defending you, and a banana peel for later use, it all vanishes. And now, it takes away 3 of your coins. I hate it a lot.
__________________
Follow me on tumblr because food~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:56 AM
IOHBOY's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Your Backyard
Posts: 358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyphent View Post
They were the worst item in the game, hands down.

Nobody fell for them, and they were just a less effective banana peel because they couldn't even shield against red shells. I'm glad they're gone.
You're more likely to fall for them in Battle though. Races or Coin Runners, not so much.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:56 AM
HotelSoap!'s Avatar
I wonder if that bar's still around
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ice Cream
Posts: 967
Default

anyone remember the boo item? i forgot what that did anyway lol can someone tell me (too lazy to consult google)
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid." <コ:彡
Old 12-11-2011, 05:58 AM
☆Peanut's Avatar
Ooohh banana!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Potatoland
Posts: 6,142
Default

I know it isn't in MK7, but I seriously hated the thunder cloud item from MKWii. Sometimes I'd get spammed with it 2-4 times in the same race. It's not so bad in a offline race with friends or the CPU, but it's awful online with the lag making it almost impossible to pass it to someone else.

In MK7, the worst item goes to the blue shell of course. It always gets me right before I win or when I'm in the air, so I fall down and lose even more time.
__________________
Nintendo Network ID ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:58 AM
Zyphent's Avatar  
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New England
Posts: 1,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotelSoap! View Post
anyone remember the boo item? i forgot what that did anyway lol can someone tell me (too lazy to consult google)
Stole someone else's item at random.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
You're more likely to fall for them in Battle though. Races or Coin Runners, not so much.
True enough, but even with that I dont think I miss them too much.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:04 AM
IOHBOY's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Your Backyard
Posts: 358
Default

Off-Topic: Anyone hate (SNES) Rainbow Road? I only like it when playing against real people so then I don't feel like such an idiot for falling off every minute.

On-Topic: Is there even a way to deflect or not get hit by a Blue Shell?
Old 12-11-2011, 06:06 AM
HotelSoap!'s Avatar
I wonder if that bar's still around
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ice Cream
Posts: 967
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
Off-Topic: Anyone hate (SNES) Rainbow Road? I only like it when playing against real people so then I don't feel like such an idiot for falling off every minute.

On-Topic: Is there even a way to deflect or not get hit by a Blue Shell?
well i kinda dodged it but it didnt help, anyway i you just get hot by something right before it hits you, if you do it at the right time the blue shell wont do anything to you
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid." <コ:彡
Old 12-11-2011, 06:08 AM
☆Peanut's Avatar
Ooohh banana!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Potatoland
Posts: 6,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
Off-Topic: Anyone hate (SNES) Rainbow Road? I only like it when playing against real people so then I don't feel like such an idiot for falling off every minute.

On-Topic: Is there even a way to deflect or not get hit by a Blue Shell?
Nope, I love SNES Rainbow Road. I personally find it easy to stay on the track. I only ever fall off if someone slams into me or a blue shell tosses me off as it hits.

The best way to dodge the blue shell is to have a mushroom and use it just as the blue shell is about to hit. You have to time it just right or it wont work.
__________________
Nintendo Network ID ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:09 AM
IOHBOY's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Your Backyard
Posts: 358
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doopliss ★ View Post
Nope, I love SNES Rainbow Road. I personally find it easy to stay on the track. I only ever fall off if someone slams into me or a blue shell tosses me off as it hits.

The best way to dodge the blue shell is to have a mushroom and use it just as the blue shell is about to hit. You have to time it just right or it wont work.
I guess I'm going to have to save a Mushroom from when I was in 3rd or 4th place. Unless someone wants to beat 150cc Cups for me?* (*S+H)
Old 12-11-2011, 06:26 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyphent View Post
Spiny shell, but not the usual "I'm in first and a I get last because of a spiny shell" reason, no I hate them because they no longer fly over the track, they hover down the middle.

I seem to get knocked out of 2nd or 3rd by a blue shell zooming by, just as often as first.
You know that's how they used to be, right? And they made it that way because fans wanted it. Now people are still complaining.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:33 AM
Zyphent's Avatar  
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New England
Posts: 1,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
You know that's how they used to be, right? And they made it that way because fans wanted it. Now people are still complaining.
...Fans wanted that? I didn't recall them being like that, I assume 64?
Why on earth would people want to make the blue shell more annoying, haha.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:36 AM
DarkK's Avatar
Ex-Pony Rider
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,427
Default

The Blue Shell. No effing contest
__________________
Nintendo ID (Wii U): DarkKRPG
Nintendo ID (3DS): DarkK2
Old 12-11-2011, 06:37 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyphent View Post
...Fans wanted that? I didn't recall them being like that, I assume 64?
Why on earth would people want to make the blue shell more annoying, haha.
yea, that's how they always were in 64, and people at least tolerated them. Then they changed it in DD through Wii, and people hated the flying, so the changed it back.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:42 AM
Zyphent's Avatar  
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New England
Posts: 1,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
yea, that's how they always were in 64, and people at least tolerated them. Then they changed it in DD through Wii, and people hated the flying, so the changed it back.
Seems odd to me, Flying makes them (albeit slightly) less broken, they were dodgeable with a timed boost in DD, and they didn't hit random people on the way to the front.

I get what you're saying, that its annoying people want it both ways, but I don't get why anyone would want the most broken item in the game to be more broken. Strange.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:44 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyphent View Post
Seems odd to me, Flying makes them (albeit slightly) less broken, they were dodgeable with a timed boost in DD, and they didn't hit random people on the way to the front.

I get what you're saying, that its annoying people want it both ways, but I don't get why anyone would want the most broken item in the game to be more broken. Strange.
It really is less broken for the fact that it can hit other people on the way, that evens it out more. The broken part that has been a problem since DD is the frequency of how often they appear.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:45 AM
aquablack's Avatar
Da Bomb
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 278
Default

The old cloud from Wii. Otherwise It's lightning.
__________________
3050-8172-7397
PM me if you add me.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:51 AM
Zuper's Avatar
Ready For Adventure!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Convict Dumping Ground
Posts: 4,183
Default

Why would anyone answer differently to the Blue Shell? It's cheap and unfair. It takes a chunk of fun out of the game. It punishes you for doing well. I shouldn't feel that it's wrong for me to be in first place because an inevitable and almost unavoidable BlueShell will come and erase all my hard work and use of skill in the last lap. It just displays a casual element to the whole game.

This thing needs to be removed via update, if not it should be severely powered down. It could stop appearing in a race as soon as someone in 1st place enters the 3rd Lap. It could behave the same way it does to people not in 1st place to the person in 1st place, maybe it could be a little harder to dodge in first place but still avoidable with driving skill. Any of these would get rid of the gaping hole of cheap annoying-ness that goes on during races, especially on 150cc.
__________________
:>

Last edited by Zuper; 12-11-2011 at 06:58 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:57 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuperman View Post
Why would anyone answer differently to the Blue Shell? It's cheap and unfair. It takes a chunk of fun out of the game. It punishes you for doing well. I shouldn't feel that it's wrong for me to be in first place because an inevitable and almost unavoidable BlueShell will come and erase all my hard work and use of skill in the last lap. It just displays a casual element to the whole game.

This thing needs to be removed via update, if not it should be severely powered down. It could stop appearing in a race as soon as someone in 1st place enters the 3rd Lap. It could behave the same way it does to people not in 1st place, maybe it could be a little harder to dodge in first place but still avoidable with driving skill. Any of these would get rid of the gaping hole of cheap annoying-ness that goes on during races, especially on 150cc.
If they had the frequency of how it was in 64, it would be fine. Pretty much no one had a major problem with it then.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:03 AM
Joshawott
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Really I don't know how else you can answer this besides with Lightning. Not only is it the single unavoidable item in the game, but it also causes players to lose their item and coins. God forbid you're flying when this happens. Luckily it isn't all that common. I'll admit that the Spiny Shell comes close, though.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:05 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
Really I don't know how else you can answer this besides with Lightning. Not only is it the single unavoidable item in the game, but it also causes players to lose their item and coins. God forbid you're flying when this happens. Luckily it isn't all that common. I'll admit that the Spiny Shell comes close, though.
Actually, I think lightening is the item that has been toned down throughout the games. It rarely affects me negatively at all, unlike 64 where it constantly caused lost races and especially Wario Stadium if you what I mean.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:05 AM
outerheaven817's Avatar
Metal Gear/Zombie Killer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Attempting to survive the Nonary game.
Posts: 2,286
Default

Most hated item Blue Shell and Tanooki Leaf. The first for obvious reasons and the second because it takes too long to disappear. They should have made the tail go away after a certain amount of swipes.
__________________
I refer to Hideo Kojima as The Creator, and Metal Gear is my religion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Join this forum too.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:11 AM
Zuper's Avatar
Ready For Adventure!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Convict Dumping Ground
Posts: 4,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
If they had the frequency of how it was in 64, it would be fine. Pretty much no one had a major problem with it then.
Yeah, if it was a rarity to even appear in an entire race it would be better, still annoying when it would show up though.
__________________
:>
Old 12-11-2011, 07:13 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuperman View Post
Yeah, if it was a rarity to even appear in an entire race it would be better, still annoying when it would show up though.
True I guess, but I know for a fact that it was never complained about even close the level as it has been since DD. Lightening was generally always THAT item in 64.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:14 AM
Zuper's Avatar
Ready For Adventure!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Convict Dumping Ground
Posts: 4,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerheaven817 View Post
Most hated item Blue Shell and Tanooki Leaf. The first for obvious reasons and the second because it takes too long to disappear. They should have made the tail go away after a certain amount of swipes.
I don't mind the leaf so much. It can be annoying when you get it in first place while your ahead of everyone else and you can't pick up another item until you use it or lose it. It's good for wiping out people trying to overtake you or those you're trying to overtake though.
__________________
:>
Old 12-11-2011, 07:16 AM
Joshawott
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile New Items

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuperman View Post
I don't mind the leaf so much. It can be annoying when you get it in first place while your ahead of everyone else and you can't pick up another item until you use it or lose it. It's good for wiping out people trying to overtake you or those you're trying to overtake though.
I actually find all the new items in Mario Kart 7 hard to use in general, and that's not to say bad. You have to be skillful to use them effectively... well, except the Lucky Seven.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:18 AM
Zuper's Avatar
Ready For Adventure!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Convict Dumping Ground
Posts: 4,183
Default

I don't like how there's no way of telling what item you'll use next with the Lucky 7. Is there a way to tell?
__________________
:>
Old 12-11-2011, 07:18 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
I actually find all the new items in Mario Kart 7 hard to use in general, and that's not to say bad. You have to be skillful to use them effectively... well, except the Lucky Seven.
Well, there are only three new items. I guess tanooki requires skill, but I think fireball is actually good and fairly easy to use on most tracks. It's hard on wider ones like Wuhu though.

Last edited by Yuoke; 12-11-2011 at 07:22 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:19 AM
outerheaven817's Avatar
Metal Gear/Zombie Killer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Attempting to survive the Nonary game.
Posts: 2,286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuperman View Post
I don't like how there's no way of telling what item you'll use next with the Lucky 7. Is there a way to tell?
Yeah the one in front. So if you want to use the red shell wait until it gets to the front of you then press R.
__________________
I refer to Hideo Kojima as The Creator, and Metal Gear is my religion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Join this forum too.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:20 AM
Zuper's Avatar
Ready For Adventure!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Convict Dumping Ground
Posts: 4,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerheaven817 View Post
Yeah the one in front. So if you want to use the red shell wait until it gets to the front of you then press R.
Figured that could be it. Thanks.
__________________
:>
Old 12-11-2011, 07:33 AM
☆Peanut's Avatar
Ooohh banana!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Potatoland
Posts: 6,142
Default

I actually find the Fire Flower item quite annoying. It's good and fun to use, but whenever I race online, about 70% of the time, the person behind me at the start of every race ALWAYS gets it and spams it like crazy at me.
__________________
Nintendo Network ID ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:34 AM
Snail's Avatar
Row Row Fight da Powa
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Alcatraz Island
Posts: 2,008
Default

Banana, see im colorblind and i cant tell the difference between a coin and that banana! Its so irritating
__________________
Drink up me hearties, yo ho!
Old 12-11-2011, 07:35 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snail View Post
Banana, see im colorblind and i cant tell the difference between a coin and that banana! Its so irritating
You have to be the first person to have that for an answer.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:35 AM
outerheaven817's Avatar
Metal Gear/Zombie Killer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Attempting to survive the Nonary game.
Posts: 2,286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snail View Post
Banana, see im colorblind and i cant tell the difference between a coin and that banana! Its so irritating
I'm not color blind but sometimes that happens to me too.
__________________
I refer to Hideo Kojima as The Creator, and Metal Gear is my religion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Join this forum too.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:36 AM
Snail's Avatar
Row Row Fight da Powa
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Alcatraz Island
Posts: 2,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
You have to be the first person to have that for an answer.
Well its my opinion lol i hate the banana but ironically i use donkey kong
__________________
Drink up me hearties, yo ho!
Old 12-11-2011, 07:39 AM
☆Peanut's Avatar
Ooohh banana!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Potatoland
Posts: 6,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snail View Post
Banana, see im colorblind and i cant tell the difference between a coin and that banana! Its so irritating
I have that issue on Maple Treeway. when I run over the leaves, I can never tell if it's a banana, coin or star at first since they're all yellow.
__________________
Nintendo Network ID ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:40 AM
Snail's Avatar
Row Row Fight da Powa
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Alcatraz Island
Posts: 2,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doopliss ★ View Post
I have that issue on Maple Treeway. when I run over the leaves, I can never tell if it's a banana, coin or star at first since they're all yellow.
See hating the banana isnt crazy
__________________
Drink up me hearties, yo ho!
Old 12-11-2011, 07:43 AM
☆Peanut's Avatar
Ooohh banana!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Potatoland
Posts: 6,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snail View Post
See hating the banana isnt crazy
I don't really hate the bananas, I rarely run over them and they don't do that much damage. I only really hate them if they're on the edge of a jump since running over them makes you fall down.
__________________
Nintendo Network ID ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:43 AM
Zuper's Avatar
Ready For Adventure!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Convict Dumping Ground
Posts: 4,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doopliss ★ View Post
I actually find the Fire Flower item quite annoying. It's good and fun to use, but whenever I race online, about 70% of the time, the person behind me at the start of every race ALWAYS gets it and spams it like crazy at me.
I think the whole point of the Fire Flower is to spam it like crazy, get multiple hits on the same person. iz fun i liek it
__________________
:>
Old 12-11-2011, 07:45 AM
☆Peanut's Avatar
Ooohh banana!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Potatoland
Posts: 6,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuperman View Post
I think the whole point of the Fire Flower is to spam it like crazy, get multiple hits on the same person. iz fun i liek it
Well, yes... I'm just venting about how annoying people can be with them. xD When it hits you over and over, you just lose all your coins.
__________________
Nintendo Network ID ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:45 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snail View Post
Well its my opinion lol i hate the banana but ironically i use donkey kong
I can't use DK at all....that voice.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:47 AM
Snail's Avatar
Row Row Fight da Powa
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Alcatraz Island
Posts: 2,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
I can't use DK at all....that voice.
Yeah thats a setback....
__________________
Drink up me hearties, yo ho!
Old 12-11-2011, 07:52 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snail View Post
Yeah thats a setback....
He sounds like a drunk caveman or something. That's why I can't use Toad or Yoshi anymore either, which sucks because I always did in 64.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:52 AM
Sephazon's Avatar
Site Networker
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Veni. Interrogavi. Scio.
Posts: 5,222
Default

I actually quite liked the fake item boxes- granted they were obvious trap, they were still useful in their own ways.
My least favourite item would have to be the tanooki tail, simply because if you're in first, it really has no use.
Furthermore, if you're in first, the time on it has to wear off before you can collect that valuable item to shield you from shells.
I'm aware the tanooki tail protects you one time from a shell, but it still doesn't allow you to collect another item whilst in use.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:53 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepharos View Post
I actually quite liked the fake item boxes- granted they were obvious trap, they were still useful in their own ways.
My least favourite item would have to be the tanooki tail, simply because if you're in first, it really has no use.
Furthermore, if you're in first, the time on it has to wear off before you can collect that valuable item to shield you from shells.
I'm aware the tanooki tail protects you one time from a shell, but it still doesn't allow you to collect another item whilst in use.
I agree, although it literally saved me in first place one time. I got red shelled like 10 feet before the finish line.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:58 AM
☆Peanut's Avatar
Ooohh banana!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Potatoland
Posts: 6,142
Default

I love placing Fake Item Boxes around the courses. People say they're useless and obvious to tell apart, but they're almost unavoidable when you place them as traps around corners. Anyone drifting around the corner is forced to run into them with 0 reaction time.
__________________
Nintendo Network ID ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:01 AM
Sephazon's Avatar
Site Networker
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Veni. Interrogavi. Scio.
Posts: 5,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doopliss ★ View Post
I love placing Fake Item Boxes around the courses. People say they're useless and obvious to tell apart, but they're almost unavoidable when you place them as traps around corners. Anyone drifting around the corner is forced to run into them with 0 reaction time.
The same could be said about a banana peel- except fake item boxes also briefly paralyzed you.
I enjoyed placing them in the locations of real items boxes, that way they're more difficult to distinguish from the real things.
Obviously, it's still easily avoidable and any real racer can spot it ahead of time, but it negates that item box use.
Alas, now I'm stuck using my banana peels within the locations of real item boxes.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doopliss ★ View Post
I love placing Fake Item Boxes around the courses. People say they're useless and obvious to tell apart, but they're almost unavoidable when you place them as traps around corners. Anyone drifting around the corner is forced to run into them with 0 reaction time.
Or placing them in a troll spot like right before a narrow launch spot on a ramp.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:06 AM
Sephazon's Avatar
Site Networker
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Veni. Interrogavi. Scio.
Posts: 5,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
Or placing them in a troll spot like right before a narrow launch spot on a ramp.
Indeed, but like many other racers say, this has been needless and has been removed in sole place of bananas.
However, I do believe the fake item boxes had a larger hit box.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:08 AM
☆Peanut's Avatar
Ooohh banana!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Potatoland
Posts: 6,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
Or placing them in a troll spot like right before a narrow launch spot on a ramp.
lol, yeah. I did that with hacks on MKWii. It was funny filling up places like the narrow bridge on Maple Treeway with them and watching everyone hopelessly crash into all the mess and fall down.
__________________
Nintendo Network ID ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:08 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepharos View Post
Indeed, but like many other racers say, this has been needless and has been removed in sole place of bananas.
However, I do believe the fake item boxes had a larger hit box.
Yea, and plus they had the effect of a shell instead of just sliding out.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:09 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

I still say the biggest troll move in any MK game is waiting to use lightening right before someone goes off the big jump in Wario stadium in 64.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:16 AM
Sephazon's Avatar
Site Networker
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Veni. Interrogavi. Scio.
Posts: 5,222
Default

The biggest troll move in any MK game is when the three people behind you team up with a blue shell, red shell, and lightning and use them consecutively.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:52 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepharos View Post
The biggest troll move in any MK game is when the three people behind you team up with a blue shell, red shell, and lightning and use them consecutively.
Except that one that to really be planned out, which it very tough in any Mario kart.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Sephazon's Avatar
Site Networker
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Veni. Interrogavi. Scio.
Posts: 5,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
Except that one that to really be planned out, which it very tough in any Mario kart.
They'd all be working towards a common goal- pissing you off.
Status: Success (most of the time)
Old 12-11-2011, 09:45 AM
dragonbronze's Avatar
KI:U Beam Claws
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 29
Default

I HATE the Spiny Shell, just when I am about to win a race, a spiny shell kills me.
Old 12-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Kinode's Avatar
Brazilian, yet not noob.
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Brazil
Posts: 266
Default

I think I'm the only one who hates Lucky Seven.
God I prefer getting a mushroom, a shell, but effing lucky seven? No way. I can't use that thing unless I spam it. If I try to time my item I end up losing focus and crashing into a wall/falling off.
Also Spiny shell and lighting yeah..
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:20 PM
naturetauren's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 197
Default

Things i hate to get:

A tanooki tail. Why? Cause it lasts too long, its not funny for me atleast, i rarely have uses for it except defending myself from shells, and worst of all: IT LASTS SO LONG THAT I SOMETIMES JUST DRIVE PAST ? BOXES! Thats just crap. It should have been like bananas, whats up with this?!

A banana. One single banana. Yes. I like to get three bananas cause this actually make the stage more dangerous and defend me from shells but one single banana.. sorry but i never see someone falling for this trap except on unavoidable places..

Bob-Omb. Okay im noob on this one. I just throw it away. It hits me while i throw it from air, it bounces back, it rarely hits anyone except crowded places and even there its a risk for me. Throw it anywhere else, it just goes too far.. as i said, im too noob at this one, i dont understand the effects really except that it explodes and follows targets. I RARELY hit someone with it and i RARELY get hit by one. Fact, i have NEVER ever been hit by one online.


Things i hate to get hit by:

Blue shell. It would be OK IF THE EFFECT WERE THE SAME AS RED SHELLS?! Like, hits as hard as a red shell but ignores all kind of effects and is unavoidable. I would be back on track luckily enough. Its a cheap item cause its the last guy who just throws it away and hes so skilled ill get hit, fly away and comes 4-7 places behind..
I would be really happy if this item got removed.

Any item that can hit me while im gliding. Lighting, im looking at you you cheap /?"#!/.
__________________
I ragequit Guiles, prob?
Old 12-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Joshawott
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

If anybody says Lucky Seven, they should be punished.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:09 PM
RoadToHeaven's Avatar
The Boss of Bwahaha
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Mushroom Kingdom
Posts: 218
Default

Hate the spiny shell & tanooki tail.
__________________
But I'm Bowser! I'm grade-A, 100% prime-cut final boss! | 3DS FC: 5112-3531-7182
Old 12-11-2011, 09:54 PM
KiD ReMiX's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 293
Default

I don't like the Tanooki Tail. Takes forever to exhaust and you can't get another item while you wait.
__________________
You made a MK7 community? Congratulations. Now watch as no one joins it.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:27 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000's Avatar
with power beyond belief
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Alamos Town, Sinnoh
Posts: 796
Default

i... don't like the Fire Flower...
when it's being used by someone else.
__________________
My power is limitless...
Old 12-11-2011, 11:13 PM
buso rez's Avatar
Valkyrie No Densetsu
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: United States, Pennslyvania
Posts: 195
Default

it is not in this game but I hate the Thunder Cloud the most still, I will always hate this item. I can't pick an item from this game to hate, cause I like to abuse them all. that like is too strong.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:45 AM
Umandsf's Avatar  
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 310
Default

I'm not particularly fond of the Super Leaf because of my inability to get another item while active. I don't have one particular items I hate to be hit by. I only hate when they hit me at inopportune times.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:40 AM
Kadill's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroChrome View Post
Besides the Spiny Shell, which we all HATE, I would say the lightning bolt. It's aggravating because you shrink, making you slower, and it lasts longer the higher up you are, it strips you of your items, so if you have like 3 shells defending you, and a banana peel for later use, it all vanishes. And now, it takes away 3 of your coins. I hate it a lot.
Exactly what this guy said. The lightning bolt does more than any other item, and if you are over a jump, it is just completely unfair. It really aggrivates me when I am in first and really close to the finish line and someone just HAS to throw off a bolt and make me lose 3 coins I have no chance of collecting again if I want to place at all.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:43 AM
sonic the frog's Avatar
Blueish-Bomberish
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,436
Default

Blue Shell..........
__________________
Diggersby tho
Old 12-12-2011, 07:07 AM
☆Peanut's Avatar
Ooohh banana!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Potatoland
Posts: 6,142
Default

Lightning on Mushroom Gorge right towards the end on the bouncing mushrooms. Happens to me almost every damn time I'm about to win it. Lightning hits and I fall down.
__________________
Nintendo Network ID ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:10 AM
celesti's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: U.S.-Ohio
Posts: 218
Default

My downfall usually doesn't stem from blue shells. The 150cc bots are wicked good at aiming green shells and fire flower balls, and it's painful when it happens .
__________________
3DS Friend Code: 5026-4551-4986
Message me if you add me.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:29 PM
naturetauren's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 197
Default

Thinking about it, 150cc would be too easy without blue shells, really.

Though this item should not exist online. Getting lighting is enough for 8th placers..
__________________
I ragequit Guiles, prob?
Old 07-11-2012, 07:00 PM
MK7 ELITE
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: USVI
Posts: 16
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
I guess I'm going to have to save a Mushroom from when I was in 3rd or 4th place. Unless someone wants to beat 150cc Cups for me?* (*S+H)
mushrooms occur in first there rare but more common if the cpu has a blueshell and they're far away

Added after 9 minutes:

the combination of lightning and a blueshell if ur in first and u have a mushroom and the cpu knows u can easily dodge a blueshell the cpu will use lightning u lose 3 coins and ur hope to escape the legendary blueshell, blueshell come another setback of 3 coins and if u gliding u lose 9 COINS ?

Last edited by gamer007; 07-11-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:20 AM
salamence's Avatar
Pokemon Master!
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Honduras
Posts: 2,158
Default

Really? I don't know how you guys can hate the blue shell running down? The blueshell is what makes a already lost race in a chance! Imagine that you were at 1st place and slide for a banana in a flying area... The you got in 5th or 6th place the you feel hopeless because 1st place have 3 bananas and 1 green shell stocked ant there's no way a mushroom or a red shell will get you back at 1st place but then you got a blueshell and you just wait for the first places to brake until some brave guy gets 1st place and then you throw the shell and hit 2 or 3 fellows giving you the chance to get in 3 place and finally it hits the first place and you get back at the lead! Also I love how it goes down because it hits thing in front of you such as boxes or animals and it keeps the 3 red shell guy away! And its also cool how it takes shortcuts like if he was a racer! I love the blue spiny shells!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3ds fc: 4210-4060-1182 NN ID: 373Sneak
Old 07-12-2012, 03:55 AM
sonic260's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Terca Lumireis
Posts: 760
Default

I utterly despise the Tanuki Tail. Have you ever been in a situation where a jerky player would just stop and hold you in place with the Tail's attack?
__________________
"Ideas are only stupid if they fail. And ideas fail once they have been given up on.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:02 AM
Josiah's Avatar
Now into Halo 2
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 961
Default

Lightning. You can't avoid it, and it hurts you even if you aren't in 1st.
__________________
I am the creator of the hit horror game RESIDENT REGGIE.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:07 AM
☆Peanut's Avatar
Ooohh banana!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Potatoland
Posts: 6,142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic260 View Post
I utterly despise the Tanuki Tail. Have you ever been in a situation where a jerky player would just stop and hold you in place with the Tail's attack?
If I can, I try to drive around them, but when I have a Tanooki, I do that to people. I start spinning the tail around with people behind me, then randomly slow down and they run into it. It always works and it's pretty funny. xD
__________________
Nintendo Network ID ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:17 AM
supergamer's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: In Your Pants
Posts: 1,407
Default

Lucky 7. So much power if used only on you.
__________________
To view videos in signatures your post count must be 500 or greater. You currently do not have enough.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:50 PM
SirJDL's Avatar
Lone Survivor
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 273
Default

I love it when you hit somebody who has lucky seven, steal their Star, and and take them out ROFL.

My most hated item in this game? Blue shell. It always ruins the game, especially when your in first.
__________________
My fc is 4554-0221-9369 and I am a Pro RE Mercs player.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:15 PM
HughJazz's Avatar
Ourobus
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 229
Default

lightning ... for all the reasons mentioned before I posted
__________________
3DSXL : 3282-4294-1263
Old 07-16-2012, 04:14 PM
Fluttershy!'s Avatar
pony
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Americuh
Posts: 1,968
Default

The......Bananna.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:31 PM
I'm_better_DAN_you's Avatar
3DS User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Guam
Posts: 148
Default

Triple Red Shell. Especially if you're in first place and the person behinds you spams you with it and has another set in reserve! But yeah Lightning is my most hated item! I abuse it though. Get 7th or 8th place, catch up to 3rd, glide in the air with everyone, then use it so they all fall. xD

I don't mind the rest though. Blue shell keeps the game balanced and so does the other items. So does Lightning, but Lightning is just a kill joy to be honest.
__________________
3DS FC: 128986454779
Old 07-17-2012, 05:30 AM
MrTripStack's Avatar
I ain't even trippin'!
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Orlando, Florida (US)
Posts: 1,407
Default

I actually miss the good ol' Fake Box item. I used to drop it in between a group of actual boxes, and people would fall for it sometimes!

But my most hated item would probably be Lightning as well. It slows the race down and hits everyone, even if you're behind the person who used it.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:47 AM
Firejonie's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,816
Default

The blue shell, worst item in all of the Mario Kart games.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:30 PM
Jonny Epidemic's Avatar
Still Exists
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Arizona!!
Posts: 2,128
Default

I actually dont mind the Blue shell.

For me it has to be that super leaf. That or lightning. Always at the most inoppurtune moments. :/
__________________
Founder of
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:11 PM
MK7 ELITE
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: USVI
Posts: 16
Cool

the boo from mkds haaa i snatch up a mushroom and go in 1st
Old 07-19-2012, 01:09 AM
Noddles's Avatar
Touch Miles
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SC
Posts: 3,710
Default

The tanooki tail always seems to run out after the next set of item boxes
Old 07-20-2012, 02:24 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Coral Springs, Florida
Posts: 24
Default

The blooper is the worst and the tail is the one I hate the most in battle since I suck at using it but others always use it the best.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:32 AM
Jedediah's Avatar
Wumbo
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: the krusty krab
Posts: 800
Default

The blue shiny shell & the banana peel are the worst. I don't think you should not have any way of defending yourself against the blue shell. It's an unfair addition to the game, and it needs to go! When I'm in first, I get hit my the shell and it pisses me off because there's nothing I can do about it. It's so stupid and makes me in like 5th place.
__________________
I LIKE KRABBY PATTIES
Old 08-20-2012, 12:35 AM
Minato Namikaze's Avatar  
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedediah View Post
The blue shiny shell & the banana peel are the worst. I don't think you should not have any way of defending yourself against the blue shell. It's an unfair addition to the game, and it needs to go! When I'm in first, I get hit my the shell and it pisses me off because there's nothing I can do about it. It's so stupid and makes me in like 5th place.
You are able to use a mushroom to get away from it.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:37 AM
MM-Royalninja's Avatar
#1 Zelda&Megaman fan
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lost Woods
Posts: 581
Default

I have to say the blue shell. It all ways get me befor The finish line.
__________________
"Your biggest fan, this is Stan"
NNID is Dalvotan(for WiiU and N3DS)
Old 08-20-2012, 02:14 AM
Silver's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: U.S. Texas
Posts: 376
Default

I always get hit by a blue shell and the person in 2nd passes me when I was right in front of finish line.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:20 AM
TwistedBeacon's Avatar
SNOOPING AS USUAL, I SEE!
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Outside your window. You're cute when you're asleep.
Posts: 51
Default

Blue shell. Extremely unfair.
EDIT: except when im using it lol
__________________
Dying for Ocarina of Time 3D...!
Old 08-20-2012, 03:21 AM
Huntsman06's Avatar
Cosmic Destruction
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: inside 4 walls, and a ceiling.
Posts: 748
Default

Probably the NPC's. Always cause more trouble for me as I am almost always in first place (or 2nd if I'm playing 2 player, and 3rd if 3 player, etc.)
__________________
3DS XL FC: 3179 - 7400 - 7105
The Original Dark - Umbreon
Old 08-20-2012, 05:30 AM
BMO's Avatar
BMO BMO is offline
Persona 5 never
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,469
Default

A close tie between the Blue Shell and Lighting.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:27 PM
OrangeUK's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Posts: 208
Default

I HATE the spiny shell!!
Old 08-20-2012, 04:47 PM
Huntsman06's Avatar
Cosmic Destruction
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: inside 4 walls, and a ceiling.
Posts: 748
Default

A lot of people hate the blue turtle shell. But It is hard to really have it help YOU. You can only get it if you're like 5 place or worse, and using it makes whoever is in about 3rd have a chance to get to first. How does that help you? so whoever was in 1st is now in 3rd. well you're still behind lol. I'll take a mushroom instead
__________________
3DS XL FC: 3179 - 7400 - 7105
The Original Dark - Umbreon
Old 09-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Koopafan75's Avatar
Off the site now.....
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dungeon #3 (STQ)
Posts: 165
Default

I would have to say...um...the 7 item, even when I get it people steal my stars and mushrooms. Not the blue shell though, those can be easily avoided without falling off...3 red shells are very annoying too.

Added after 2 minutes:

I also like lightning because I always get an advantage because of my kart I regain speed faster...
__________________
Ninjago will be discontinued in 2013, let the funeral begin....Season 3 is over, and so is the show......

Last edited by Koopafan75; 09-01-2012 at 02:52 PM.