Nintendo 3DS Forums
Go Back   Nintendo 3DS Forums > General > The Lounge

The Lounge Just feel like having a chat? Talk about anything in here that doesn't fit in other sections of the forums.

If you could learn another language, what would it be and why?
Old 01-17-2012, 03:35 AM
aRt's Avatar
aRt aRt is offline
The Supersonic Blade
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Blossom City
Posts: 2,459
Question If you could learn another language, what would it be and why?

So, if you could learn another language (or you are already doing it!) what would it be and why?

I'd go with portuguese, why? because it's sexy! and also Latin, cause its epic and sounds cool!
__________________
"They can do it! They can do it! Because they?re super sisters and bros! The won-stoppable Wonderful, Wonderful One-Double-Oh!?
Old 01-17-2012, 03:36 AM
HotelSoap!'s Avatar
I wonder if that bar's still around
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ice Cream
Posts: 967
Default

english because i know it too well
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid." <コ:彡
Old 01-17-2012, 03:36 AM
Baroque's Avatar
Best Starter Confirmed
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Just West of Weird.
Posts: 9,639
Default

Almost all of the responses in this thread will be Japanese. As for me, Japanese because I want to be able to play all the games from Japan that don't get localized.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:36 AM
Joshawott
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Japanese, so then I could play Pok?mon games half a year early.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:37 AM
Chatroom Dweller
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: East Coast
Posts: 990
Default

Japanese, so I could easily import games and understand them.

Seriously Bar, you had to beat me to saying it?
__________________
BAD WOLF
Old 01-17-2012, 03:37 AM
aRt's Avatar
aRt aRt is offline
The Supersonic Blade
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Blossom City
Posts: 2,459
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
Almost all of the responses in this thread will be Japanese. As for me, Japanese.
as long as they have a reason besides "lol cause i liek anime" its ok to me
__________________
"They can do it! They can do it! Because they?re super sisters and bros! The won-stoppable Wonderful, Wonderful One-Double-Oh!?
Old 01-17-2012, 03:38 AM
You may call me Marth.
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 1,549
Default

I really want to learn Irish and Japanese.

Irish because I'm of Irish descent, and Japanese because then I could import games and such easier.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:39 AM
Kevinsky's Avatar
Serendipity
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,415
Default

French,

because the women will faint to their knees as i speak that golden language...and i could understand the great French Films out there
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:42 AM
ADSLoverNamedGoo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 848
Default

Japanese, for many reasons, but mainly, right now, for Spirit Camera - The Possessed Notebook
__________________
No, not a fan "boy" . I'm not young. Or male for that fact.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:43 AM
Sword's Avatar
Lurker
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mexico
Posts: 416
Default

Japanese cause i liek anime
and videogamezes
__________________
"The page turned and the thread grew happier"
Old 01-17-2012, 03:43 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

omg i wanna learn JAPANESE!!!! because JAPAN IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN DUM AMERICA LUL

OMG EVERYTHING IN JAPAN IS KAWAII AND EVERYONE WATCHES ANIME (that's japanese tv shows!) AND MANGA (that's japanese comics) UNLIKE DUM AMERICA WHERE EVERYONE PLAYS CAWADOOTY AND SAYS I'M WEIRD. I'M NOT WEIRD WHAT I LIKE IS JUST BETTER THAN WHAT YOU LIKE!!!!!

OMG I WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY SO MANY VIDEO GAMES EARLY AND DO ALL KINDS OF JAPANESE THINGS BECAUSE JAPANESE THINGS ARE THE BEST THINGS!!! I'M SURE I WILL BE ACCEPTED INTO THEIR SOCIETY BECAUSE OF MY GREAT INTELLECT AND UNDERSTANDING OF THEIR CULTURE
Old 01-17-2012, 03:43 AM
Scizor's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,314
Default

I'm already learning Spanish, but I'd also like to learn Japanese for reasons previously stated.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:43 AM
Apples's Avatar
One Claaaassy Lady
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Appleloosa
Posts: 89
Default

Swedish, because it sounds neat.

Also Korean so I could sing along to my favourite K-POP songs (well, not really)
__________________
I SELL APPLES AND APPLE ACCESSORIES.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:45 AM
nasic870's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,171
Default

I was going to say French because women adore it. But then Bar brought up Japanese, and I'd love to know what's going on in Terror of the Stratus. So Japanese.

Latin is cool but I really hated learning it.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:46 AM
Joshawott
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Arrow Japanese

Quote:
Originally Posted by aRt View Post
as long as they have a reason besides "lol cause i liek anime" its ok to me
Not for me. I prefer dubbed animes by far.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:54 AM
Danzego
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I would say Spanish because, unfortunately, it gives you a "leg up" in getting jobs in the United States these days. I did take two years of it in high school, but the only thing I remember how to do with any fluency is swear and call people names.

If it wasn't for employment purposes, I would want to learn Polish, as that's my predominant ethnicity. Not that I would be able to use it very often out here in Oregon (as opposed to Chicago, where I used to live), but it would be nice just to know.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:56 AM
You may call me Marth.
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 1,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
Not for me. I prefer dubbed animes by far.
Dubs are disgusting abominations that ruin the authenticity of an anime. *end weeaboo phase*

....

Another language I want to learn that I forgot to include in my last post is German. Why? Because German sounds badass.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:00 AM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples View Post
Swedish, because it sounds neat.

Also Korean so I could sing along to my favourite K-POP songs (well, not really)
YOU KNOW YOU DO!

For me, I'd go with Chinese.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:04 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

actually change my answer to korean so i have more knowledge with which to bash k-pop

♥ blooze
Old 01-17-2012, 04:06 AM
Apples's Avatar
One Claaaassy Lady
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Appleloosa
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panini View Post
YOU KNOW YOU DO!

For me, I'd go with Chinese.
FINE, I ADMIT IT. just kidding no i dont

And I took Chinese for about 3 years... nopenopenope. Good luck with that!
__________________
I SELL APPLES AND APPLE ACCESSORIES.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:09 AM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples View Post
just kidding no i dont
D;

Actually, I answered the question under the sense that you'd instantly learn the language. If there's anything I'd want to learn instantly, it'd be Chinese.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:09 AM
GabCM
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

No sir, I'm not answering Japanese. I've already tried, and it just seems like a chore, and it wouldn't be THAT useful anyway.

I just want to perfect my English.

Last edited by GabCM; 10-22-2012 at 12:42 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:24 AM
redturtle806's Avatar
Slacker
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,628
Default

I'm want to and will learn Spanish at some point. It you huge advantage in the south, especially in cities like Miami. Also the Latino popution is one of the fastest growing in America so I think it will be even more useful in the near future.

I would also like to learn Japanese or Arabic, but I suck at languages so idk if that's gonna happen.
__________________
But this is Southern just face it, if we're too simple then y'all don't get the basics
Old 01-17-2012, 04:27 AM
Bappen's Avatar
Nerd playing sh*tty games
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Germany. But I'm actually Swedish. Durr hurr. Also, alcohol is cheaper here!!!!!11 & i liek turtelz
Posts: 2,962
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples View Post
Swedish, because it sounds neat.
I can't believe someone actually mentioned Swedish, yay.

I'm currently learning German, so... that would be it. I'm going to visit my German friend next month, and I am kinda interested in maybe living there for a while.
__________________
It sucking f*cks, it f*cking sucks, it f*cking blows, it's a piece of sh*t - and I don't like it.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:31 AM
Nachos~'s Avatar
AKA Gamerfan
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Egypt
Posts: 1,542
Default

I already speak Arabic as a native language. I've been learning German for a long time and still learning it at school, hopefully I'll move with my family to Germany or Switzerland one day.
__________________
Why is Monday so far from Friday, and Friday is so near to Monday?
Old 01-17-2012, 04:33 AM
Vodkol's Avatar
Angry Ravioli
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: California
Posts: 80
Default

Japanese, but ONLY because I plan on working for the Big N or one of its sub-companies.

Yeah, it sounds like wishful thinking, but I'm trying, lol.
I'm currently learning Swedish and plan on taking French next year. I already know Spanish because my family's from Spain
__________________
I like how his eyes are red as if to indicate how evil he is
Old 01-17-2012, 04:40 AM
cheezyphil's Avatar
Adrenaline Fueled Runner
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,331
Default

Yeeeeeeea, I ain't gon lie. Japanese if I could.
A close second would be either French or German.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panini View Post
Actually, I answered the question under the sense that you'd instantly learn the language. If there's anything I'd want to learn instantly, it'd be Chinese.
I teach Chinese! In the legit sense too, not the shoddy-side-job-for-friends sort of thing.
__________________
Give credit where credit is due, but never when it isn't.
Friend Code: 330845877391

Last edited by cheezyphil; 01-17-2012 at 04:42 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:18 AM
RACiE's Avatar
Pok?mon Y!
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 325
Default

In order of DO WANT...

Swahili
Italian
Esperanto
Hawaiian
Spanish

I know a bit of Spanish already, but I am by no means fluent.

Of course, I don't have the patience to learn these anyway. D:
__________________
FC: 1332-8206-2070
(PM me if you ad me!)
Old 01-17-2012, 05:12 PM
DanielW's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: J?nk?ping, Sweden
Posts: 116
Default

Japanese. I actually know hiragana, and I'm studying katakana right now.

I've also studied Spanish and German, I had to stop with the German when I switched school (they didn't have German) and the switch forced me to study year 2 Spanish, and I didn't speak a word so that failed.
I currently speak just English and Swedish.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:17 PM
Mario Fan 123's Avatar
Hero of Gaming
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: ???
Posts: 490
Default

Japanese, because I want to see Layton games in Japanese and understand them before they are localized and to read Hyrule Historia correctly if it doesn't get to be released outside of Japan.
__________________
Mario Kart 7 is now officially awesome.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:03 PM
thomas1up's Avatar
This rustles my jimmies
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las Noches
Posts: 542
Default

japanese


all my reasons have been listed
__________________
User number 1573.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:06 PM
MisterMaster's Avatar  
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 642
Default

Chinese.

It's the language of the future.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:41 PM
Tanooki's Avatar
Stereo-Blind
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sanctuary
Posts: 520
Default

^ That is so true. Sad, but true. Learning Chinese would have you well set for the future.

I've already got three years of Japanese language class done, but that was a while back. I can read and write hiragana and katakana pretty well, but Japanese verbs/tenses and kanji kick my ass. And my vocabulary is pretty lacking. So I'd like to finish up in Japanese... maybe get a certification or something later on.

Its really not that hard of a language to learn and grasp the basics on. In fact, its pretty easy compared to the rest of the worlds languages. =)

But yeah, one day I'd like to be able to pick up a Shonen Jump and read it with full comprehension. I'm getting tired of Viz. =B
__________________
And The Heavens Shall Tremble [5/15/2012]
Old 01-17-2012, 07:46 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 8
Default

I already know Japanese, so Chinese or maybe Russian or Spanish.
It was great to visit Japan knowing the language, and I'd love to visit China and be able to talk to people and read everything.
If I could speak Russian, I would feel like a spy.
Spanish is just useful, I guess.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:57 PM
Minol's Avatar
The best Tribute
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Panem, District 12
Posts: 1,408
Default

Latin

Because its the base on the English language and I feel that its worth learning
__________________
If we burn, you burn with us.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:22 PM
Jasper's Avatar
The End
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinsky View Post
French,

because the women will faint to their knees as i speak that golden language...and i could understand the great French Films out there
Nobody will ever understand you or listen to what you say in France, unless you speak it close to natively :P stereotype that is often true

I want to get better at French, German and Spanish, but since I'm already able to speak these I would say Chinese or Japanese. Maybe Latin.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:23 PM
MikeGreece13's Avatar
Stand, Bow, Aye!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Iraklion, Crete, Greece
Posts: 2,443
Default

My native language is Greek and I already have a certificate in English so I'm fluent in both languages. The language I'd like to learn is Japanese for reasons mentioned in previous posts but if I decide to learn a second foreign language it will probably be German because in crete(the island I live) speaking German can get you more job offers due to tourism.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:56 PM
Sephazon's Avatar
Site Networker
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Veni. Interrogavi. Scio.
Posts: 5,222
Default

Latin, and only because it sounds cool; say ANYTHING in Latin and it becomes awesome just like that.
EDIT: Look at my location; it means "I came. I asked. I know."
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:27 AM
Proto's Avatar
B@nned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,308
Default

I wanna learn how to speak to robots, cause robots are cool.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:28 AM
RACiE's Avatar
Pok?mon Y!
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoman View Post
i wanna learn how to speak to robots, cause robots are cool.
01001001001000000110000101101101001000000110000100 10000001110010011011110110001001101111011101000010 1110
__________________
FC: 1332-8206-2070
(PM me if you ad me!)
Old 01-18-2012, 09:36 AM
dcv1979's Avatar
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,256
Default

Chinese.
So i would know what those items i see around Chinatown really mean?
And besides its nice to sound like a Chinese once in awhile
__________________
Spoof!
Old 01-18-2012, 10:00 AM
sajjad's Avatar  
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: saudi arabia
Posts: 1,261
Default

its too obvious
i think you only need
English language
Japanese language
MONEY
????????
live happily ever after
__________________
I would if I could, but I can't so I shan't
Old 01-18-2012, 01:45 PM
MythOS's Avatar
Sora Mau Yuusha!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 2,001
Default

Japanese, simply so I could read/watch raw manga/anime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minol View Post
Latin

Because its the base on the English language and I feel that its worth learning
That too.
__________________
Hero of the Skies~
Old 01-18-2012, 01:51 PM
vinny44484's Avatar
Die Hard Naruto Fan
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Village Hidden In The Sand
Posts: 1,118
Default

Chinese and Cantonese
So I can talk to my parents.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:06 PM
volatile's Avatar
再戦したくば来い!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starless View Post
I really want to learn Irish and Japanese.

Irish because I'm of Irish descent, and Japanese because then I could import games and such easier.
I took a semester of Irish (thanks for not calling it Gaelic) and trust me, it sucks. There's a reason no one speaks it.
__________________
down right fierce

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:22 PM
HylianMadness's Avatar
NOT ME PIG
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Inside your monitor
Posts: 248
Default

I would learn Japanese so I could go talk to Miyamoto then punch him in the face for making Wind Waker.
__________________
Sony takes what Nintendo makes.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"PS, don't play me like a 3DS" - TFK
Old 01-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Rei Yahya's Avatar
PM me for Wii U-sername!
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: 0602-6269-3401 Tell me if you add me~
Posts: 1,987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianMadness View Post
I would learn Japanese so I could go talk to Miyamoto then punch him in the face for making Wind Waker.
I don't know you but all my respect for you is gone. Besides, there'd be people waiting outside his office with first aid kits to tend to Miyamoto and sharp, pointy sticks to tend to you.

I started learning Spanish in a class outside of my own personal Japanese studies, but I quit after 3 years, because Spanish bored me and had too many irregular verbs to remember. Woe was me. I'm on the self-motivatory path to Japanese fluency.
__________________
"He asked, "what must I do to be saved?" And they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved..." ~ I'm Rei Yahya. Be my friend now.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:00 PM
Danzego
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianMadness View Post
I would learn Japanese so I could go talk to Miyamoto then punch him in the face for making Wind Waker.
Why would you punch someone for making such an awesome game? I'd hate to see what you would do to someone (or, rather, SAY you would do to someone) for making an actual bad game.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:24 PM
derf_on3ds's Avatar
twitter.com/derf_vader
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: somewhere more clever
Posts: 748
Default

I took Japanese in college to meet cute Asian chicks, I'd probably learn Spanish now to talk the hot Senoritas.
__________________
fc: 0688-5267-0976 Adults only.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:19 AM
Aroo's Avatar
Creator of my own World
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Aboda Village, New Hyrule
Posts: 146
Default

French. Then I could do finally well in class
Old 01-19-2012, 12:36 AM
redandblack64's Avatar  
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denver, CO USA
Posts: 110
Default

It's a tie between Spanish, Japanese, Chinese or Arabian for me, for obvious reasons that have been mentioned here already, along with attempting to pick up hot chicks of those ethnicities...
Old 01-19-2012, 01:08 AM
tasbir49's Avatar
---
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 117
Default

Poyo so I can talk to all Kirbies.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:11 AM
Rei Yahya's Avatar
PM me for Wii U-sername!
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: 0602-6269-3401 Tell me if you add me~
Posts: 1,987
Default

If your only motivation to learn an entire language is to hit on girls then I calculate a 99.9% chance you'll give up on the language when it gets difficult

That and if you tried hitting on a girl in their language they'd probably laugh at how foreign and poorly spoken you were.
__________________
"He asked, "what must I do to be saved?" And they said, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved..." ~ I'm Rei Yahya. Be my friend now.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:28 AM
DecemberJ's Avatar
TMNT = Love
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: California
Posts: 552
Default

Any Native American language because I love the culture and it's sad that their culture is dying little by little. I also wanted to learn it because my Uncle is from a Tribe.
__________________
Flame Red Friend Code: 1246-9112-9541
Wii U NNID: DecemberJ
Old 01-19-2012, 01:33 AM
MissPeachyBum's Avatar
Nananananananana
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canadurr
Posts: 1,323
Default

I would learn Finnish because it's the sexiest language I've ever heard in my life.
Also French because it's probably the most practical choice.
__________________
Loki'd
Old 01-19-2012, 04:05 AM
raney150's Avatar  
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,326
Default

English is my native language and I know a decent amount of Spanish, so I would take French. I love the sound of French. Id also like to learn Japanese so I could import games.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:08 AM
JTA777's Avatar
Don't mess with a bunny!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Land of the Taguel
Posts: 760
Default

German so I could yell at people for fun (in german)
Japanese so I could play some Japanese only games (and actually understand them)
__________________
Fight Mega Man; For Everlasting Peace!
Old 01-19-2012, 04:12 AM
GetGay'dUp's Avatar
Boom Chicka wah wah!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto/ Ajax, Canada
Posts: 69
Default

French... because it'll puts another notch on my belts for reasons I should be hired as a police officer.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:19 AM
Radiant's Avatar
Band Nerd ♫
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The South
Posts: 1,232
Default

I don't have any real reason to learn another language, so I don't know. I suppose just out of interest, Latin. I think it's pretty cool, and would be neat to understand what they're saying in this Renaissance choral pieces I listen to. I know it's all Bible related, but whatever. I love the music either way.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:46 AM
NinYin's Avatar
Canned melon
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: On a cloud farm
Posts: 116
Default

Well I'm already learning Japanese so I would like to learn Korean XD
__________________
FC - 3566 1846 8152
pm me if you added me so I can add you back
Old 01-19-2012, 05:18 PM
3DSAqua3DS's Avatar  
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 772
Default

Spanish, Russian, Mandarin are all languages I would love to speak
Old 01-20-2012, 03:15 PM
Nachos~'s Avatar
AKA Gamerfan
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Egypt
Posts: 1,542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf_on3ds View Post
I took Japanese in college to meet cute Asian chicks, I'd probably learn Spanish now to talk the hot Senoritas.
Aren't you already married as I can infer from your picture? Or isn't that your baby?
__________________
Why is Monday so far from Friday, and Friday is so near to Monday?
Old 01-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Gameinator2012's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 42
Default

Japanese, its my new year's resolution.

I like their anime, manga, and their video games, and I want to create my own someday.
__________________
Friend Code: 4441-8358-3379 (old one is stolen), and of course, PM me to notify me.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:25 PM
Hound of God's Avatar
La Eterna Komencanto
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Somewhere Over the Garden Wall
Posts: 368
Default

I really don't favor one over another, so here's a list:
Spanish, as it sounds awesome and I know some (as in, "hardly any") words.
Mandarin, as it might come in handy some day.
German, as English is a Germanic language, I hear.
Some Gaelic/Runic language, just because those two groups are awesome.
__________________
Not with a bang, but with a whimper.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:29 AM
UraHameshi's Avatar
Suzumebashi
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 446
Default

Japanese because I would like to go visit there and talk fluently with people. Also it would be cool to be able to understand books/games/anime/movies/music without a problem.
__________________
Friend code: 5413-0001-5903
Old 01-21-2012, 06:16 PM
BinkyBella's Avatar
Game Over
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: City of the 2012 Olympics
Posts: 173
Default

Klingon and Elvish - fictional languages rock!
__________________
Wednesday Thursday Friday?
Old 01-21-2012, 06:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: VeloCity
Posts: 138
Default

Lets see...in my order:

Japanese
French
German
German Shepherd (dog talk is awesome)
Old 01-21-2012, 08:03 PM
Deathmore's Avatar  
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: London
Posts: 410
Default

C++ and Japanese
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


PSN: Strider_BZ
Old 01-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Yoshi's Avatar
Mediocre Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pigfarts Intergalactic School of Wizardry
Posts: 1,798
Default

Japanese, so I could understand Kingdom Hearts trailers when they come out. >_<
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:31 AM
Vodkol's Avatar
Angry Ravioli
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: California
Posts: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianMadness View Post
I would learn Japanese so I could go talk to Miyamoto then punch him in the face for making Wind Waker.
Yeesh, I'd hate to see what you'd do to Ubisoft and their DS shovelware.
__________________
I like how his eyes are red as if to indicate how evil he is
Old 01-25-2012, 06:27 AM
Kiryu's Avatar
Super Smash Bros Samus!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Unova Region
Posts: 2,797
Default

Japanese... That is all to it.
__________________
Is that all?
Old 01-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Solar-Sceptile's Avatar
Littlemyuu to the rescue!
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 15
Default

I always wanted to learn Japanese, come in handy if i ever go to Japan
__________________
3DS FC 1633-4166-6070
Old 01-26-2012, 09:34 AM
Avatar Ajm's Avatar
"The chosen one"
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: US
Posts: 183
Default

I would learn ASL (American Sign Language), Haitian Creole, and Lingala.
Those are the kind of people that are around me, and I would love to be ableto talk to them in their native langue.

I already know French, and I'm learning Spanish.
__________________
To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.
-Thomas A. Edison
Old 01-26-2012, 11:28 AM
HeroOfTime253
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Japenese. why you ask? cause i'm sick of america and whats going on...in america. so. JAPAN HERE I COME!
Old 01-26-2012, 11:30 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 34
Default

Japanese! So i could play monster hunter for 3DS
Old 01-26-2012, 11:31 AM
CUD
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I, like many before me in this thread, would also like to learn Japanese.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:32 AM
MikeHawk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Latin Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War - The Unsung War - YouTube
Old 01-26-2012, 11:46 AM
Jasper's Avatar
The End
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,526
Default

If I disregard the languages I have basic to advanced command of, being French, Spanish, German and English, I would like to learn Latin or Chinese.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:04 PM
Noddles's Avatar
Touch Miles
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SC
Posts: 3,710
Default

I would love to learn German.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:42 PM
dcv1979's Avatar
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,256
Default

I would want to learn Chinese!
__________________
Spoof!
Old 01-26-2012, 02:11 PM
Frostember's Avatar
Frozen Brotherhood
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 64
Default

Japanese. all the good games come from japan..
__________________
Catch Me If You Can! FC:236361171452
ADD ME (Pokemon White/Black) 1936_5530_4796
Old 01-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Zuper's Avatar
Ready For Adventure!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Convict Dumping Ground
Posts: 4,183
Default

Japanese, I guess. It would be amazing meeting Miyamoto and being able to have a full conversation with him, lol.

Wait, do I have to put effort into learning this language? If so, then stuff that...
__________________
:>
Old 01-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Captsu Ichicon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'd learn dragonish.
Faas RU Maar!
Old 01-26-2012, 02:41 PM
Jasper's Avatar
The End
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Batsu! View Post
I'd learn dragonish.
Faas RU Maar!
Faas ru maar?.....

Speaking German is pretty cool, imo the accent is funny.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:40 PM
turn the speakers up
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: canada bb
Posts: 141
Default

Easy decision, German.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:30 AM
Lebon14's Avatar
Gomen ne, Jenna-chan
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 326
Default

Japanese. I already know my hiragana quite well (reading only - when I start to want to write I can't remember anything) and know some words and expressions too.

I only need a teacher. Can't do that on my own.
__________________
3DS FC: 3737-9574-7778 ;; (Pokemon X FS: Lillipup, Loudred, Chansey - Searching for select Safaris - PM FS pkmn before adding me)
Old 01-27-2012, 12:31 AM
sonic the frog's Avatar
Blueish-Bomberish
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,436
Default

Japanese so I don't need to miss out on good games again.
__________________
Diggersby tho
Old 04-15-2014, 04:10 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 945
Default

I know French and English, and I feel that's enough.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:00 AM
Kinvara's Avatar
Aquatic Admin
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Inkopolis
Posts: 10,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaborg View Post
I know French and English, and I feel that's enough.
But French is a terrible language.
I know a little French myself.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:03 AM
PixieStix88's Avatar
The Original Gamer Cat.
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 1,882
Default

Japanese as Baroque predicted. I have actually have been teaching myself with a few websites and a book that i picked up a not to long ago. I have actually looked for Japanese classes locally and not so locally but there doesn't seem to be any in my state.

Reasons why i want to learn this language?

-Want to travel to Japan.
-If i liked it enough i would want to live there.
-To be able to read manga, watch anime without waiting for subs/dubs/translations.
-Play games that never get imported.
-Learn more of the Japanese fascinating culture, history traditions and lifestyle.
__________________
3DS XL FC:2020-0956-6239 Follow me on Twitch!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:24 PM
Mactire's Avatar  
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 650
Default

When I finished school I was bored and wanted to learn something new. I decided on Russian, but went for Swedish instead. Just for lols. I watched a lot of Swedish series at that time.
__________________
"You love that plant" -"Yes, it's my best friend"
Old 04-15-2014, 07:16 PM
norway's Avatar
ORAS was alright
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Twitter
Posts: 858
Default

Japanese .
__________________
Twitter = @TheGamecubeGuy
I'm always active
Old 07-19-2014, 06:02 PM
Eld's Avatar
Eld Eld is offline
is credit to team
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In the forest...in sacred elven lands. {Portugal}
Posts: 826
Default

Latin, cause why not?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:04 PM
Jex's Avatar
Jex Jex is offline
Master Transmutter
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,735
Default

Japanese is a language that i've been interested in since i was a preteen. I fell in love with japanese animation and eventually Japan and want to visit one day. i am actually in the process of learning Japanese.
__________________
Endure.......Take over....
Old 07-21-2014, 04:54 PM
Lucci's Avatar
Heheheheh
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Used to live in Naples, Campania, Italy
Posts: 1,050
Default

I'd choose Spanish.
A lot of people in my area speak Spanish, and I'd love to see if the rumors "Italian and Spanish are really similar" are true
__________________
I'm on a hunt for some Grammer Nazi's.
Found: DC Hawkthorne, Beldomsey, Snail, Lexie
Old 07-21-2014, 04:57 PM
Snail's Avatar
Row Row Fight da Powa
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Alcatraz Island
Posts: 2,008
Default

French. *****es love French
__________________
Drink up me hearties, yo ho!
Old 07-22-2014, 12:11 PM
PaperToad3ds's Avatar
Go Mario!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Mushroom Kingdom
Posts: 403
Default

French because I was just in Paris and German because I was also in Germany.
__________________
Toads are awesome
Old 07-22-2014, 01:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
omg i wanna learn JAPANESE!!!! because JAPAN IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN DUM AMERICA LUL

OMG EVERYTHING IN JAPAN IS KAWAII AND EVERYONE WATCHES ANIME (that's japanese tv shows!) AND MANGA (that's japanese comics) UNLIKE DUM AMERICA WHERE EVERYONE PLAYS CAWADOOTY AND SAYS I'M WEIRD. I'M NOT WEIRD WHAT I LIKE IS JUST BETTER THAN WHAT YOU LIKE!!!!!

OMG I WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY SO MANY VIDEO GAMES EARLY AND DO ALL KINDS OF JAPANESE THINGS BECAUSE JAPANESE THINGS ARE THE BEST THINGS!!! I'M SURE I WILL BE ACCEPTED INTO THEIR SOCIETY BECAUSE OF MY GREAT INTELLECT AND UNDERSTANDING OF THEIR CULTURE
.
Old 07-22-2014, 05:22 PM
Cosmic Fuzz's Avatar
Master of None
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Astoria, NY
Posts: 621
Default

Probably a language that was used frequently but not anymore, such as Latin and Hebrew. A lot of the world's most interesting writing came from those two languages and I'd like to experience some of Humanity's history.
__________________
Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong.