Nintendo 3DS Forums
Go Back   Nintendo 3DS Forums > Gaming > Nintendo 3DS Games > Mario 3DS Games General

Mario 3DS Games General From Super Mario 3D Land to Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, discuss the many Mario games available for the 3DS here!

Clan war imperial force vs Dynamite
Old 05-27-2012, 12:13 AM
Mr.EpicHuwgii's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: victoria,melbourne,Australia
Posts: 140
Default Clan war imperial force vs Dynamite

this thread is for the clan war between imperial force and dynamite
__________________
Yo peeps add me imperialforce+b2k member
429631490233 im so epic
Old 05-27-2012, 02:56 AM
Subcon Toad's Avatar
Jigglypuff is da new Toad
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: I'm a girl. Not surprising.
Posts: 240
Default

Okay, I see you still don't know useful clan info. I'm not in either of these, but I was interested by the lack of replies.

Post more info, then MAYBE they'll respond.
Though I myself am not in any clans (I might possibly be in Inazuma's "Pwnerz Clan", however), I have advice:
1. Explain WHAT game you guys will have a war on. (Pretty sure it's MK7, but maybe not.)
2. When will this happen?
3. How will the 2 clans meet up?
4. How will points be distributed?
5. Are there any rules/restrictions?
__________________
2277-6763-3461

Last edited by Subcon Toad; 05-27-2012 at 03:01 AM.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:09 AM
Mr.EpicHuwgii's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: victoria,melbourne,Australia
Posts: 140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subcon Toad View Post
Okay, I see you still don't know useful clan info. I'm not in either of these, but I was interested by the lack of replies.

Post more info, then MAYBE they'll respond.
Though I myself am not in any clans (I might possibly be in Inazuma's "Pwnerz Clan", however), I have advice:
1. Explain WHAT game you guys will have a war on. (Pretty sure it's MK7, but maybe not.)
2. When will this happen?
3. How will the 2 clans meet up?
4. How will points be distributed?
5. Are there any rules/restrictions?

i only posted it 2 hours ago.
__________________
Yo peeps add me imperialforce+b2k member
429631490233 im so epic
Old 05-27-2012, 08:55 AM
13luckoftheirish13's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Posts: 898
Default

I am the only member of this clan on here. I've added your skype and will try to arrange a war over there, not here.

Don't worry Subcon, we know the rules and this thread is only for our benefit, not anyone elses.
__________________
Conor
MK7 Online, 40000 VR and 30000 Coins. ★★★ Rank.
Old 05-28-2012, 09:37 AM
Mr.EpicHuwgii's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: victoria,melbourne,Australia
Posts: 140
Default

OK so when will we have the war?
__________________
Yo peeps add me imperialforce+b2k member
429631490233 im so epic
Old 05-28-2012, 03:54 PM
Mario Kart's Avatar
aka MK
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mario Kart HQ
Posts: 1,376
Default

We will (or i will) sort out the info in due time

when would be a good time
I would suggest this weekend
I have your skype Mr Epic .....
yours 13luckoftheirish13 ?
__________________
Guess Who's a No.1 Mario Kart Fan???
Old 05-28-2012, 05:34 PM
13luckoftheirish13's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Posts: 898
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Kart View Post
We will (or i will) sort out the info in due time

when would be a good time
I would suggest this weekend
I have your skype Mr Epic .....
yours 13luckoftheirish13 ?
Get it from Hugo.
__________________
Conor
MK7 Online, 40000 VR and 30000 Coins. ★★★ Rank.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:03 AM
Inazuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subcon Toad View Post
Though I myself am not in any clans (I might possibly be in Inazuma's "Pwnerz Clan"
I just noticed this. I am not a member of any clans. I play in many different communities, the Pwnerz Clan is just one of my favorites. I am #1 in a few different communities, including the Youtube community which absolutely hates my guts for being so good at the game. I have 2 3DSs and 2 copies of the game, btw. It lets me idle in 2 communities at the same time, or better yet, help me to recover points lost to rage quitters.

Silly rage quitters think they are preventing me from getting points. I still get them, lol.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:17 AM
13luckoftheirish13's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Posts: 898
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
I just noticed this. I am not a member of any clans. I play in many different communities, the Pwnerz Clan is just one of my favorites. I am #1 in a few different communities, including the Youtube community which absolutely hates my guts for being so good at the game. I have 2 3DSs and 2 copies of the game, btw. It lets me idle in 2 communities at the same time, or better yet, help me to recover points lost to rage quitters.

Silly rage quitters think they are preventing me from getting points. I still get them, lol.
Can we get a link to how you play?
__________________
Conor
MK7 Online, 40000 VR and 30000 Coins. ★★★ Rank.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Inazuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13luckoftheirish13 View Post
Can we get a link to how you play?
Sorry but I never recorded myself playing, nor do I know of any videos that have me in them.

I can race you tonight sometime after the Nintendo 3DS presentation, if you want.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:57 PM
13luckoftheirish13's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Posts: 898
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
Sorry but I never recorded myself playing, nor do I know of any videos that have me in them.

I can race you tonight sometime after the Nintendo 3DS presentation, if you want.
It's cool, what VR you got?
__________________
Conor
MK7 Online, 40000 VR and 30000 Coins. ★★★ Rank.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Inazuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13luckoftheirish13 View Post
It's cool, what VR you got?
My VR is around 3000 because I don't play in Worldwide mode. I play in communities.

I'm better than 99% of players. I also use the Hori MK7 Handle attachment.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:32 PM
DawnKnight's Avatar  
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
I just noticed this. I am not a member of any clans. I play in many different communities, the Pwnerz Clan is just one of my favorites. I am #1 in a few different communities, including the Youtube community which absolutely hates my guts for being so good at the game. I have 2 3DSs and 2 copies of the game, btw. It lets me idle in 2 communities at the same time, or better yet, help me to recover points lost to rage quitters.

Silly rage quitters think they are preventing me from getting points. I still get them, lol.
Are you sure the youtube community doesn't hate you for your love and reliability on CCL? :P
Old 06-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Inazuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnKnight View Post
Are you sure the youtube community doesn't hate you for your love and reliability on CCL? :P
The courses I select are based on everyone's skill level and kart setup. Against a really bad player, Puku Puku Lagoon usually gives me the highest chance of victory because they don't know how to do the shortcut properly.

That's also why I tend to pick Puku Puku Lagoon against unknown opponents. If it turns out they are very good at that course and/or use a kart setup good at it, I may pick different courses.

For whatever reason, if I discover one particular course that gives me a high chance of winning, I will pick it often, maybe even every single time.

This is just one example of why I am good at MK7. I play the game by its own rules and do my best to win. There is no rule about picking the same course again, so why should I handicap myself?

Anyone who gets fed up losing to me on the same course over and over is welcome to falsely accuse me of "cheating" and use that as justification to rage quit. That's how most races go for me so I'm used to it.

Anyone who uses slick tires against me can expect me to pick Neo Koopa City every goddamn time, lol. I find it absolutely hilarious.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:36 PM
DawnKnight's Avatar  
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
The courses I select are based on everyone's skill level and kart setup. Against a really bad player, Puku Puku Lagoon usually gives me the highest chance of victory because they don't know how to do the shortcut properly.

That's also why I tend to pick Puku Puku Lagoon against unknown opponents. If it turns out they are very good at that course and/or use a kart setup good at it, I may pick different courses.

For whatever reason, if I discover one particular course that gives me a high chance of winning, I will pick it often, maybe even every single time.

This is just one example of why I am good at MK7. I play the game by its own rules and do my best to win. There is no rule about picking the same course again, so why should I handicap myself?

Anyone who gets fed up losing to me on the same course over and over is welcome to falsely accuse me of "cheating" and use that as justification to rage quit. That's how most races go for me so I'm used to it.

Anyone who uses slick tires against me can expect me to pick Neo Koopa City every goddamn time, lol. I find it absolutely hilarious.
I just remember racing you and that was pretty much the only track you would beat me on. Wouldn't playing other tracks give you more experience so that you're a better player overall on more tracks? If you were in a room of 8 racers, track picking strategies would hardly ever work.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Inazuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnKnight View Post
I just remember racing you and that was pretty much the only track you would beat me on. Wouldn't playing other tracks give you more experience so that you're a better player overall on more tracks? If you were in a room of 8 racers, track picking strategies would hardly ever work.
I do my best to win, within the rules of the game. If the current situation (skill levels, kart setups, number of players, etc.) changes, then so do my decisions.

If I picked Puku Puku Lagoon all the time against you, it was because I felt like it would give me the highest chance of winning. Not to be mean, but it's not my problem if that upsets you. If you want to get better at the game, you can start by discarding your fictional rules, such as the one about course selection.

If you think picking Puku Puku Lagoon all day long makes me suck at the other courses, you should pick those courses and beat me on them. (^_^)

By the way, there is another reason why it may be good to pick the same course every time. And that's because it upsets people. Scrubs such as yourself are easy to manipulate like that. It's well known that scrubs are weak minded, so it often doesn't take much to throw them off their game. I do a number of things with the goal of psychologically harming my opponent, in order to further increase my chance of winning. I don't just want to beat people; I will go out of my way to thoroughly destroy them.

It's also good practice for when I'm up against a skilled opponent. Playing normally may not be good enough, so I will usually try various tricks and mind games. For example, against someone who is almost as good as me, I will make it blatantly obvious that I am sandbagging. This helps destroy the only hope they had at beating me, which is items. It doesn't matter what item you get, I am way ahead with a star.

And lastly, there are some players that are just extremely good in every situation, and none of my strategies or tricks seem to work at all. These are usually the most interesting races for me, and I don't usually pick the same course multiple times against them because I am constantly searching for a small weakness to exploit.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:47 PM
DawnKnight's Avatar  
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
I do my best to win, within the rules of the game. If the current situation (skill levels, kart setups, number of players, etc.) changes, then so do my decisions.

If I picked Puku Puku Lagoon all the time against you, it was because I felt like it would give me the highest chance of winning. Not to be mean, but it's not my problem if that upsets you. If you want to get better at the game, you can start by discarding your fictional rules, such as the one about course selection.

If you think picking Puku Puku Lagoon all day long makes me suck at the other courses, you should pick those courses and beat me on them. (^_^)

By the way, there is another reason why it may be good to pick the same course every time. And that's because it upsets people. Scrubs such as yourself are easy to manipulate like that. It's well known that scrubs are weak minded, so it often doesn't take much to throw them off their game. I do a number of things with the goal of psychologically harming my opponent, in order to further increase my chance of winning. I don't just want to beat people; I will go out of my way to thoroughly destroy them.

It's also good practice for when I'm up against a skilled opponent. Playing normally may not be good enough, so I will usually try various tricks and mind games. For example, against someone who is almost as good as me, I will make it blatantly obvious that I am sandbagging. This helps destroy the only hope they had at beating me, which is items. It doesn't matter what item you get, I am way ahead with a star.

And lastly, there are some players that are just extremely good in every situation, and none of my strategies or tricks seem to work at all. These are usually the most interesting races for me, and I don't usually pick the same course multiple times against them because I am constantly searching for a small weakness to exploit.
Not sure what your meaning of "scrub" is. If you joined "Rising Sun" in a Worldwide you would realize who they are. I don't always play this game with the mindset of winning. My main goal is to have fun and when my mind is too focused on winning then my whole mood changes when that doesn't happen and I don't end up winning. If I'm playing casually while multitasking, and I still have a winning record against you am I really a scrub?

I have played against many skilled people that also play for fun who have realized that your tactics for games can easily be burnt out. I try my best to not take games too seriously for that very reason.

Having raced you, you are very good for someone who has 3000~ VR, but I wouldn't say you are in the top tier of Mario Kart 7 by any means.

If by scrub you mean someone who plays the game for their own enjoyment, then, by all means, I am a scrub.

I do like your drive to win, but I don't play to piss people off either, since I know most people play for enjoyment as well. It's really the person's choice what they do in a game since there are no set-in-stone rules.

But may I ask, why do you play in so many communities? Worldwides bring a lot of skill with them if you get in the right rooms, and every community I've played in that's not a fun-room with some friends or a clan war don't seem very competitive.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Inazuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 125
Default

@DawnKnight

Sirlin.Net - Playing to Win Book - Intermediate

Quote:
A scrub is a player who is handicapped by self-imposed rules that the game knows nothing about. A scrub does not play to win.
If you want to "play for fun" or whatever, that's totally fine. Not everyone wants to win. You can play the game however you want, and I'll do the same. 99% of players are scrubs. Some of them want to win, and just don't know how. And some people really don't care at all and just play casually or for some other reason. It's all good.

I hate mirror mode, in any racing game. That's why I don't play worldwide. I also prefer having less players in races (2 players is ideal), which is usually the case in communities. I loved playing worldwide in Mario Kart DS. 4 players, no mirror and a more balanced game than MK7. I think the whole kart customization aspect of MK7 holds it back.

I think I'm really good at MK7, but maybe I'm not actually that great compared to you and some others. The important thing is that I play to win and don't let fictional rules hold me back from doing my best.

If you really are better than me, please race me and win. I would really enjoy it. Winning is great but improving myself is even better, and losing to a superior opponent is the best way to improve.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:52 PM
DawnKnight's Avatar  
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inazuma View Post
@DawnKnight

Sirlin.Net - Playing to Win Book - Intermediate

If you want to "play for fun" or whatever, that's totally fine. Not everyone wants to win. You can play the game however you want, and I'll do the same. 99% of players are scrubs. Some of them want to win, and just don't know how. And some people really don't care at all and just play casually or for some other reason. It's all good.

I hate mirror mode, in any racing game. That's why I don't play worldwide. I also prefer having less players in races (2 players is ideal), which is usually the case in communities. I loved playing worldwide in Mario Kart DS. 4 players, no mirror and a more balanced game than MK7. I think the whole kart customization aspect of MK7 holds it back.

I think I'm really good at MK7, but maybe I'm not actually that great compared to you and some others. The important thing is that I play to win and don't let fictional rules hold me back from doing my best.

If you really are better than me, please race me and win. I would really enjoy it. Winning is great but improving myself is even better, and losing to a superior opponent is the best way to improve.
By not playing worldwides you are missing the bulk of the competitive part of the game. I mutually could call you a "scrub" by my definition for not playing in worldwides.

I don't play in communities unless I am really bored. If you still have me on your recent opponents list, feel free to join my worldwides whenever you want. You are a very good racer for how high your vr is. (Not saying VR even means anything in this game) If you join high VR worldwides, you could gain VR very quickly if you do well.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:12 AM
geckohero17's Avatar
Smiter of smiters
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wouldn't you like to know that I live in England... wait a second...
Posts: 758
Default

Sounds as if your talking about Roblox clans, or is it like the eye and pyramid where you control everythinng?
O-O
__________________
Even without a like button, I've still got it.
Oh who am I kidding... -Shoots self-
Old 06-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Mario Kart's Avatar
aka MK
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mario Kart HQ
Posts: 1,376
Default

no its about Mario Kart 7
__________________
Guess Who's a No.1 Mario Kart Fan???
Old 06-06-2012, 03:17 PM
13luckoftheirish13's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Posts: 898
Default

Hopefully soon we will have sufficient people and time to war in the morning. We have a lot of members but only 4 or 5 that are up that early and can war at the Aussie time. :P
__________________
Conor
MK7 Online, 40000 VR and 30000 Coins. ★★★ Rank.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:33 AM
Mario Kart's Avatar
aka MK
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mario Kart HQ
Posts: 1,376
Default

well our clan only has at least 2 active members
Me and Mr.EpicHuwgii
because the clan leader cant get online
the clan 2nd vice president doesnt have any internet anymore
and the clan members are very inactive
__________________
Guess Who's a No.1 Mario Kart Fan???
Old 06-07-2012, 11:20 AM
13luckoftheirish13's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Posts: 898
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Kart View Post
well our clan only has at least 2 active members
Me and Mr.EpicHuwgii
because the clan leader cant get online
the clan 2nd vice president doesnt have any internet anymore
and the clan members are very inactive
Oh. Then I guess this is not going to happen?
__________________
Conor
MK7 Online, 40000 VR and 30000 Coins. ★★★ Rank.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Mario Kart's Avatar
aka MK
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mario Kart HQ
Posts: 1,376
Default

IDK i'll see if anyone in our clan is willing to race
__________________
Guess Who's a No.1 Mario Kart Fan???