Nintendo 3DS Forums
Go Back   Nintendo 3DS Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Want to talk about games or game consoles besides the Nintendo 3DS? This is the perfect place for that!

Why Cant Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft Just Be Friends?
Old 08-17-2012, 08:51 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 16
Default Why Cant Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft Just Be Friends?

Why cant these three great companies befriend, and create a super company? Lol.
I would like to hear your opinion.

Last edited by Jgreenwell; 08-17-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:52 AM
redturtle806's Avatar
Slacker
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,628
Default

Because competition is good. It drives progress and keeps prices down when they are at each others throats all the time.
__________________
But this is Southern just face it, if we're too simple then y'all don't get the basics
Old 08-17-2012, 09:00 AM
Gideon Jura's Avatar
Lzien ^
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: I don't live I survive.
Posts: 819
Default

also they would get lazy knowing you have no choice, but to buy from them.
__________________
"All you can do is play along at life, and hope that sometimes you get it right." ? Dexter Morgan
Old 08-17-2012, 09:28 AM
DarkK's Avatar
Ex-Pony Rider
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,427
Default

Better question: why did you post this in the 3DS Mario games section?
__________________
Nintendo ID (Wii U): DarkKRPG
Nintendo ID (3DS): DarkK2
Old 08-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 16
Default

Ummmm, you do have a point.... Uhh..
Old 08-17-2012, 09:44 AM
Kurosai's Avatar
Blue Bomber
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Dr. Light's Lab
Posts: 921
Default

If that were to come to fruition, they would more than likely make lackluster products at high prices because, with no competition, you would not have a choice to but to accept the prices.(Unless you go PC)
__________________
All those who wander are not lost.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:08 AM
Yanikun's Avatar
A Pingi of Mars
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Barsoom
Posts: 4,233
Default

They used to be friends, until one day Nintendo slept with Sony's girlfriend, who, it turns out, was dating Sony and sleeping with Nintendo in secret behind her father Microsoft's back. Now everyone is angry at everyone and they just decided to go their own separate ways. The girlfriend is Apple.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:41 PM
MOFO's Avatar
PSN IKAS10 PM me to add
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: US of A.....Friend Code 3050-7592-7126
Posts: 2,030
Default

It's not so much they don't get along it's the fanboys who flame the fires of hate creating these console wars.
__________________
..... Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves .....
Old 08-17-2012, 12:47 PM
Auzzie Wingman's Avatar
The Forum Mother
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanikun View Post
They used to be friends, until one day Nintendo slept with Sony's girlfriend, who, it turns out, was dating Sony and sleeping with Nintendo in secret behind her father Microsoft's back. Now everyone is angry at everyone and they just decided to go their own separate ways. The girlfriend is Apple.
Better love story than Twilight.
__________________
I want to take my Social Link with you to Rank 11.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:54 PM
volatile's Avatar
再戦したくば来い!
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,513
Default

Snake, can love bloom on the battlefield?
__________________
down right fierce

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:30 PM
Lohengrin's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 221
Default

Competition does promote innovation. What they could have is a little more respect for each other. Slamming a company (Sony) doesn't make me like you any better. We have enough of that in this coming election year. I don't need more from my video games.

What they could do is do a cross company fighting game like brawl. That would be awesome. Mario beating up Master Chief? How many of you wouldn't spend $60 just to see Kratos eviscerate Kirby?
Old 08-17-2012, 06:02 PM
LucaTuricci's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mexico
Posts: 280
Default

That would be the end of Halo and Mario Kart...
__________________
FC: 2793 - 1436 - 7013
Old 08-17-2012, 07:19 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,193
Default

PlayStation was the brainchild of Ken Kutaragi, a Sony executive who had just come out of his hardware engineering division at that time and would later be dubbed as "The Father of the PlayStation".
The console's origins date back to 1988 where it was originally a joint project between Nintendo and Sony to create a CD-ROM for the Super Nintendo.
The PlayStation made its debut at the Consumer Electronics Show in June 1991 when Sony revealed its console, a Super Famicom/SNES with a built-in CD-ROM drive (that incorporated Green Book technology or CDi). However, a day after the announcement at CES, Nintendo announced that it would be breaking its partnership with Sony, opting to go with Philips instead but using the same technology.
The deal was broken by Nintendo after they were unable to come to an agreement on how revenue would be split between the two companies.
The breaking of the partnership infuriated Sony President Norio Ohga, who responded by appointing Kutaragi with the responsibility of developing of the PlayStation project to rival Nintendo.
At that time, negotiations were still on-going between Nintendo and Sony, with Nintendo offering Sony a "non-gaming role" regarding their new partnership with Philips. This proposal was swiftly rejected by Kutaragi who was facing increasing criticism over his work with regard to entering the video game industry from within Sony. Negotiations officially ended in May 1992 and in order to decide the fate of the PlayStation project, a meeting was held in June 1992, consisting of Sony President Ohga, PlayStation Head Kutaragi and several senior members of Sony's board. At the meeting, Kutaragi unveiled a proprietary CD-ROM-based system he had been working on which involved playing video games with 3D graphics to the board. Eventually, Sony President Ohga decided to retain the project after being reminded by Kutaragi of the humiliation he suffered from Nintendo. Nevertheless, due to strong opposition from a majority present at the meeting as well as widespread internal opposition to the project by the older generation of Sony executives, Kutaragi and his team had to be shifted from Sony's headquarters to Sony Music, a completely separate financial entity owned by Sony, so as to retain the project and maintain relationships with Philips for the MMCD development project (which helped lead to the creation of the DVD).

That's probably a part of Sony spitefulness to Nintendo.

News: Nintendo is 'always a competitor', says PlayStation Euro boss - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

More of Sony stating their opinions of Nintendo consoles being child-orientated.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:15 PM
cheezyphil's Avatar
Adrenaline Fueled Runner
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,331
Default

Because there's no cross platform functionality between XBL, PSN, and Nintendo Network lol
__________________
Give credit where credit is due, but never when it isn't.
Friend Code: 330845877391
Old 08-17-2012, 11:13 PM
Nintendoman355's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 36
Default

I think the Better Question is why are fanboys are not so friendly with each other? Oh yes because there BOLT BRAINS FOR NOTHING! I mean I can respect most of there consoles very much because I'm not that jerky like those fanboys thinking that *360 IZ THUE BEST* *NU PS3 IS AUESOME* WII IZ GREATER THEN THUM* Ridiculousness and it's been happening again with BlackbusterCritic a while back in early 2012, I just don't know anymore but i'm just gonna keep myself to be well behaved to consoles.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:46 AM
Lady Palutena's Avatar
Goddess of Light :)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Palutena's Temple
Posts: 1,451
Default

Halo Kart 7 : Drake's Deception
__________________
Hi im Lady Palutena! My past name was KawaiiKensei!
Old 08-18-2012, 03:50 AM
nintendoplayer1985's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: The Bronx (N.Y.C)
Posts: 312
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Video Gamer View Post
PlayStation was the brainchild of Ken Kutaragi, a Sony executive who had just come out of his hardware engineering division at that time and would later be dubbed as "The Father of the PlayStation".
The console's origins date back to 1988 where it was originally a joint project between Nintendo and Sony to create a CD-ROM for the Super Nintendo.
The PlayStation made its debut at the Consumer Electronics Show in June 1991 when Sony revealed its console, a Super Famicom/SNES with a built-in CD-ROM drive (that incorporated Green Book technology or CDi). However, a day after the announcement at CES, Nintendo announced that it would be breaking its partnership with Sony, opting to go with Philips instead but using the same technology.
The deal was broken by Nintendo after they were unable to come to an agreement on how revenue would be split between the two companies.
The breaking of the partnership infuriated Sony President Norio Ohga, who responded by appointing Kutaragi with the responsibility of developing of the PlayStation project to rival Nintendo.
At that time, negotiations were still on-going between Nintendo and Sony, with Nintendo offering Sony a "non-gaming role" regarding their new partnership with Philips. This proposal was swiftly rejected by Kutaragi who was facing increasing criticism over his work with regard to entering the video game industry from within Sony. Negotiations officially ended in May 1992 and in order to decide the fate of the PlayStation project, a meeting was held in June 1992, consisting of Sony President Ohga, PlayStation Head Kutaragi and several senior members of Sony's board. At the meeting, Kutaragi unveiled a proprietary CD-ROM-based system he had been working on which involved playing video games with 3D graphics to the board. Eventually, Sony President Ohga decided to retain the project after being reminded by Kutaragi of the humiliation he suffered from Nintendo. Nevertheless, due to strong opposition from a majority present at the meeting as well as widespread internal opposition to the project by the older generation of Sony executives, Kutaragi and his team had to be shifted from Sony's headquarters to Sony Music, a completely separate financial entity owned by Sony, so as to retain the project and maintain relationships with Philips for the MMCD development project (which helped lead to the creation of the DVD).

That's probably a part of Sony spitefulness to Nintendo.

News: Nintendo is 'always a competitor', says PlayStation Euro boss - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

More of Sony stating their opinions of Nintendo consoles being child-orientated.
Great write up! Here is something to accompany it:

Sony Vs. Nintendo - YouTube

Include this with your inital post.
__________________
FC: 1547-5185-7203 (Adults Please)
Playing M-Rated games doesn't make you an Adult or a hardcore gamer.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:06 AM
TheMightyFludd's Avatar
Supermajora1 baby!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gridania
Posts: 3,869
Default

I would like to see a game or tournament that combines Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony gamers to compete against each other in some online game to see which gamers are really the best. I think that would be cool. Maybe even throw the PC gamers in there. But the PC gamers would dominate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendoman355 View Post
I think the Better Question is why are fanboys are not so friendly with each other? Oh yes because there BOLT BRAINS FOR NOTHING! I mean I can respect most of there consoles very much because I'm not that jerky like those fanboys thinking that *360 IZ THUE BEST* *NU PS3 IS AUESOME* WII IZ GREATER THEN THUM* Ridiculousness and it's been happening again with BlackbusterCritic a while back in early 2012, I just don't know anymore but i'm just gonna keep myself to be well behaved to consoles.
I think it was SEGA who started the whole fanboy hate thing. With their damn blast processing.
__________________
Add me on psn:digitalsoul95
Add me on WiiU:TheMightyFludd
Old 08-18-2012, 06:24 AM
MrGame&Watch's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyFludd View Post



I think it was SEGA who started the whole fanboy hate thing. With their damn blast processing.
I don't think Sega started it, but they definitely enjoyed stoking the fire with their advertising back in the days.
__________________
FC: 3566-1562-5713
Old 08-18-2012, 06:30 AM
Mensrea's Avatar
Mensrea 2.0
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Upwards over the mountain
Posts: 1,956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Palutena View Post
Halo Kart 7 : Drake's Deception
Little Big Halo Bros. Brawl?
__________________
Hello Darkness my old friend
Old 08-18-2012, 07:22 AM
FalseAesop's Avatar
Answer is to tea.
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 579
Default

Coke vs Pepsi, PC vs Mac, Android vs iOS, Car manufacturers in a dodecahedron cage match.

Companies want to inspire brand loyalty, and an easy way to do that is to cultivate and 'us' vs 'them' attitude. You've bought product X. You're a smart person, product X must be better than product Y because you are a smart informed consumer! Therefore people who prefer product Y are 'wrong'. Can't they see that product X is superior? They are attacking product X! Are you going to stand for that? THEY are saying you are wrong! You're not wrong are you? No you are a smart informed consumer. Well so what about this problem or that problem with product X, these are problems with product Y, and they are much worse aren't they? Of course they are. Product X is the best.

Confirmation bias is defined as the tendency of people to focus on information that supports choices we've made while dismissing information that goes against those choices. We all suffer from it, because we all start off from the assumption that we are right. Some have it worse than others, here's a question to ask yourself. Are you emotionally invested in your game console brand?

If you are, you may want to ask yourself why that is.

And no I am not so above it all, ask me about smartphones sometime....
__________________
A liar is not to be believed even when he speaks the truth. - Aesop 2500 B.C.E.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:37 PM
MisterKorman's Avatar
Pok?mon Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,012
Default

I don't want one "Mega-console", because there would be no competition, and no competition means that Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo would get lazy. I'd rather just like to have the friendly rivalry that Sega & Nintendo had, and the friendly rivalry Microsoft and Nintendo have got going on at the moment.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:00 PM
Sephazon's Avatar
Site Networker
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Veni. Interrogavi. Scio.
Posts: 5,222
Default


Asking competing companies to be friends is like asking two rival sports teams to be friends.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:20 PM
Minol's Avatar
The best Tribute
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Panem, District 12
Posts: 1,408
Default

Cos money

10 chars
__________________
If we burn, you burn with us.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Video games went from cult following to stream line entertainment, so of course fanboyism will be invoved.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:12 PM
AWB's Avatar
AWB AWB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 402
Default

Why can't weeeeeeeeeeee be friends...
Old 08-18-2012, 07:51 PM
Huntsman06's Avatar
Cosmic Destruction
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: inside 4 walls, and a ceiling.
Posts: 748
Default

Something like this happened to the oil industry a long time ago, and guess what happened? Prices went through the roof! There will always be people to buy video games, and if Microsoft & Sony & Nintendo all got together, they wouldn't die. Sony's cameras & TV's will still sell, and Microsoft owns everything windows which is a HUGE money maker. I for one don't want to see "Microsoft's Playstation U" go for thousands of dollars. Competition is what keep us actually buying it because the prices seem much more reasonable. Now would somebody buy a thousand dollar game console? Yes. Would I? NO! For me, I hate spending more than $200 on a handheld (XL is the last straw lol) And about 300 on a console.


And it's would bee too much of a good thing. Microsoft's amazing control's + Sony's Stunning Graphics + Nintendo's amazing game design. It would just not have that same feel to it. I want a distinct difference between my Assassin's Creed & my Super Mario. If the controls are flawless and the graphics are as good as each other, besides the gameplay whats different? Sometimes people can look past flaws if the graphics are just AMAZING. And the other way around.

If Microsoft and Sony and Nintendo Joined together, electronic devices designed all around video games would die.. All low-end games would go Smart Phone and the high-end ones would be on PC.

In a nutshell, Competition = Good.
__________________
3DS XL FC: 3179 - 7400 - 7105
The Original Dark - Umbreon

Last edited by Huntsman06; 08-18-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:27 PM
TwistedBeacon's Avatar
SNOOPING AS USUAL, I SEE!
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Outside your window. You're cute when you're asleep.
Posts: 51
Default

Because there would be no flavor to the gaming industry.
__________________
Dying for Ocarina of Time 3D...!
Old 08-18-2012, 10:00 PM
banjo3dsie's Avatar
No one is safe
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Everywhere and No where
Posts: 4,493
Default

__________________
Always buy the game first to see if you will enjoy the demo.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:01 PM
TheMightyFludd's Avatar
Supermajora1 baby!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gridania
Posts: 3,869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo3dsie View Post
Dont you dare put PC into the same category as console gamers!


lol
__________________
Add me on psn:digitalsoul95
Add me on WiiU:TheMightyFludd
Old 08-18-2012, 11:29 PM
cheezyphil's Avatar
Adrenaline Fueled Runner
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyFludd View Post
Dont you dare put PC into the same category as console gamers!


lol
We PC Gamers will not stand for this segregation. We demand rights!
__________________
Give credit where credit is due, but never when it isn't.
Friend Code: 330845877391
Old 08-19-2012, 12:06 AM
TheMightyFludd's Avatar
Supermajora1 baby!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gridania
Posts: 3,869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezyphil View Post
We PC Gamers will not stand for this segregation. We demand rights!
But PC gamers are on a totally different level then console gamers. Im a PC gamer by the way.
__________________
Add me on psn:digitalsoul95
Add me on WiiU:TheMightyFludd
Old 08-19-2012, 12:37 AM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

This sort of hate needs a new name. A hate for people of a different Console brand? CONSOLISM!
For reals though, a free market encourages competiton, which in turn, drives prices to a semi acceptable rate, instead of, say, a 1000.00 dollar/whatever wii.
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned
Old 08-19-2012, 12:42 AM
TheMightyFludd's Avatar
Supermajora1 baby!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gridania
Posts: 3,869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedcone View Post
This sort of hate needs a new name. A hate for people of a different Console brand? CONSOLISM!
For reals though, a free market encourages competiton, which in turn, drives prices to a semi acceptable rate, instead of, say, a 1000.00 dollar/whatever wii.
Or just fanboyism.
__________________
Add me on psn:digitalsoul95
Add me on WiiU:TheMightyFludd
Old 08-19-2012, 06:03 AM
Szayel
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanikun View Post
They used to be friends, until one day Nintendo slept with Sony's girlfriend, who, it turns out, was dating Sony and sleeping with Nintendo in secret behind her father Microsoft's back. Now everyone is angry at everyone and they just decided to go their own separate ways. The girlfriend is Apple.
They should have a soap-opera for Sony, Ninty, and Microsoft.
Or maybe not...I'm already addicted to The Young & the Restless.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:47 AM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szayel View Post
They should have a soap-opera for Sony, Ninty, and Microsoft.
Or maybe not...I'm already addicted to The Young & the Restless.
Ouya is the dramatic guest star
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned
Old 08-19-2012, 07:08 AM
Lady Palutena's Avatar
Goddess of Light :)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Palutena's Temple
Posts: 1,451
Default

PC gamers and Console gamers are the same.

They still play games.
__________________
Hi im Lady Palutena! My past name was KawaiiKensei!
Old 08-19-2012, 08:14 AM
Kokiri-Kid's Avatar
Derpkiri-Kid
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Derpland
Posts: 545
Default

sony and nintendo work together for 3net just look after the video is done.
__________________
"Sanity is impossible like perfection, you needn't an explanation" -Igiari
Old 08-19-2012, 09:20 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Palutena View Post
PC gamers and Console gamers are the same.

They still play games.
Yep, but we all know playing games on a computer puts you on a status unlike any other people.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:34 PM
Smeaxy's Avatar
Master Pokemans
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
Yep, but we all know playing games on a computer puts you on a status unlike any other people.
but... but... but it does! D:<
__________________
Add for Animal Crossing :P
3DS FC: 2793-1081-4203
Old 08-19-2012, 09:33 PM
GabCM
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Nincrony... Sotensoft... Misoto...

All these names are ugly. No fusion please.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:41 AM
Hound of God's Avatar
La Eterna Komencanto
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Somewhere Over the Garden Wall
Posts: 368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabCM View Post
Nincrony... Sotensoft... Misoto...

All these names are ugly. No fusion please.
It's really unfortunate that That Game Company is already taken.
__________________
Not with a bang, but with a whimper.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:55 AM
Lady Palutena's Avatar
Goddess of Light :)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Palutena's Temple
Posts: 1,451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
Yep, but we all know playing games on a computer puts you on a status unlike any other people.

That's crap.
We still play games.
I dont see any different "status"
__________________
Hi im Lady Palutena! My past name was KawaiiKensei!
Old 08-20-2012, 01:13 AM
jibberldd5's Avatar
Miiverse Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Australia... Worst place for gaming...
Posts: 304
Default

Because of money...

and before I forget, [Luka] Just Be Friends [English subs] - YouTube
__________________
NNID: jibberldd5 (Chibi Jib)
Old 08-20-2012, 01:39 AM
banjo3dsie's Avatar
No one is safe
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Everywhere and No where
Posts: 4,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Palutena View Post
That's crap.
We still play games.
I dont see any different "status"
Yes but we play games better
Plus he was sarcastic
__________________
Always buy the game first to see if you will enjoy the demo.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:25 AM
PixieStix88's Avatar
The Original Gamer Cat.
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 1,882
Default

No. Just No.

I like my separation of game playing.

Nintendo is my casual / relaxing playing. (sorry it is casual) or my console when i want to entertain a large group of friends.

While my Xbox and PS3 is more hardcore playing Like Gears of wars with lots of gorey killing. Overall these consoles are more mature.

Besides a little competition is good. Plus you forgot PC and the potential OUYA.
__________________
3DS XL FC:2020-0956-6239 Follow me on Twitch!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:58 PM
banjo3dsie's Avatar
No one is safe
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Everywhere and No where
Posts: 4,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieStix88 View Post
While my Xbox and PS3 is more hardcore playing Like Gears of wars with lots of gorey killing. Overall these consoles are more mature.
... giggles. I hope you mean mature as in just the rating it gets, because those games are pretty immature at times.
__________________
Always buy the game first to see if you will enjoy the demo.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Edgeworth's Avatar
Noble
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Glacier everyone knows as "Finland"
Posts: 646
Default

The reason is this. You think they want to share the money with some other company?



Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo3dsie View Post
... giggles. I hope you mean mature as in just the rating it gets, because those games are pretty immature at times.
You mean, the players are immature, right?
__________________
"Full points for originality. 5/%."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-20-2012, 05:23 PM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Palutena View Post
That's crap.
We still play games.
I dont see any different "status"
Its because PC gamers have access to every and any game on their "system" of sorts. As well as the fact that its more powerful, they are in a class of their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieStix88 View Post
No. Just No.

I like my separation of game playing.

Nintendo is my casual / relaxing playing. (sorry it is casual) or my console when i want to entertain a large group of friends.

While my Xbox and PS3 is more hardcore playing Like Gears of wars with lots of gorey killing. Overall these consoles are more mature.

Besides a little competition is good. Plus you forgot PC and the potential OUYA.
Define mature. Shooting it up with lots of blood isn't that mature, its just appealing to 13 year old boys who've never had a taste of action.
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned
Old 08-20-2012, 05:25 PM
Huntsman06's Avatar
Cosmic Destruction
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: inside 4 walls, and a ceiling.
Posts: 748
Default

Mature = Saints Row. That is what I consider Mature, Gear's of War is more of a 14-15 year game I say along with Left for dead. But not for the gameplay just for more of the dark feel to it
__________________
3DS XL FC: 3179 - 7400 - 7105
The Original Dark - Umbreon
Old 08-20-2012, 05:34 PM
callmeJackz's Avatar
SKG (Swag King General)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,883
Default

Saints Row. A series wear you can run around naked, with sex toys, and can shoot feces at another naked person, who probably has a sex toy in their hand as well, all while blowing stuff up from your pink pimped out hummer. Doesn't get any more mature than that.
__________________
DON'T! Stop me nooowww~
Old 08-21-2012, 08:32 AM
PixieStix88's Avatar
The Original Gamer Cat.
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 1,882
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeJackz View Post
Saints Row. A series wear you can run around naked, with sex toys, and can shoot feces at another naked person, who probably has a sex toy in their hand as well, all while blowing stuff up from your pink pimped out hummer. Doesn't get any more mature than that.
@ Nedcone This ^


I couldn't think of a good example at the time of the post. But the day Nintendo has something like this in America. Hell would freeze over.

But overall Wii/Nintendo consoles are marketed towards children. Especially Young children. Can't say i have Dora the explorer on my PS3 or Xbox (which is possible but I've never seen it.)
__________________
3DS XL FC:2020-0956-6239 Follow me on Twitch!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PixieStix88; 08-21-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Inoperable Brain Tumor's Avatar
PSN ID: Cloroxbb
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Eastern US
Posts: 5,418
Default

They all like money, they can be friends all they want, but they are not willing to split the income, so we, the consumers, benefit by the competition.

I like the fact that they all have their own philosophies and ways of doing business. If they all formed as one, it wouldnt necessarily pool all their good ideas together, as it would probably kill most innovation they have come to have.

I wouldnt mind Nintendo developing their games on other hardware rather than developing all these peripherals and hardware gimmicks for their consoles.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:22 PM
MrGame&Watch's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieStix88 View Post
@ Nedcone This ^


I couldn't think of a good example at the time of the post. But the day Nintendo has something like this in America. Hell would freeze over.

But overall Wii/Nintendo consoles are marketed towards children. Especially Young children. Can't say i have Dora the explorer on my PS3 or Xbox (which is possible but I've never seen it.)
I know in general you are correct, but did House Of The Dead Overkill or Manhunt 2 not come out in America, just to name two. At the time THOTD:O had the record for the most swearing and Manhunt2 was very controversial yet still released.

Nintendo consoles are marketed at everyone, just with children more in focus. Are you really suggesting you can't get games in the ilk of Dora for the PS3/Xbox?.
__________________
FC: 3566-1562-5713
Old 08-21-2012, 06:03 PM
Cozmo3.5D's Avatar
* An Emperor *
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: noıʇɐɔoן
Posts: 938
Default

Because they would never agree on anything + game console industry needs competition.
__________________
My Friend Code: 1993-7370-9679, send me a PM if you add me
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Cozmo3.5D; 08-22-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:04 PM
banjo3dsie's Avatar
No one is safe
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Everywhere and No where
Posts: 4,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeJackz View Post
Saints Row. A series wear you can run around naked, with sex toys, and can shoot feces at another naked person, who probably has a sex toy in their hand as well, all while blowing stuff up from your pink pimped out hummer. Doesn't get any more mature than that.
Saints Row 3 would still have won my GOTY if I didn't get it until 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
You mean, the players are immature, right?
No, I mean the games are pretty immature at times too.
__________________
Always buy the game first to see if you will enjoy the demo.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:32 AM
RurulaMoo's Avatar  
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 485
Default

Because they are each their own company and do what they want to do to become a successful business. While the "competition is good" thing is not necessarily true(Companies trying to one up each other with gimmicks like the Wii, PS Move, Kinect, 3D, etc in hopes they catch on and become mainstream), I'd rather have an oligopoly than a monopoly.

Also, Microsoft's marketing team is ******ed
Old 08-22-2012, 05:20 AM
Alta?r Ibn La' Ahad's Avatar
Magicant
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Onett, Eagleland
Posts: 610
Default

Please. Nintendo is basically like an immature Teen that never hit puberty that somehow becomes famous. Microsoft resembles a dude that was so successful in life, and decided to get even more money hungry. Don't even get me started on Sony. Moral of the story; if life was CoD, they would not want to band together, same for the real world.
Old 08-25-2012, 02:50 AM
banjo3dsie's Avatar
No one is safe
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Everywhere and No where
Posts: 4,493
Default



Fine, screw the peaceful idea, let's start attacking!
__________________
Always buy the game first to see if you will enjoy the demo.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:37 AM
Rascal0302's Avatar
The Unbiased Gamer
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 2,349
Default

Nintendo backed out from a combined Sony-Nintendo system and came out with the N64 all by themselves...leaving Sony with the Playstation. How'd that turn out for you for the current and next generation, Nintendo? That's why Sony can't be friends with Nintendo...

Microsoft just sucks, if it wasn't for Halo, nobody would want to be their friend(note, the 360 is my number one console this generation).

I guess there is that whole "competition" and "money" stuff, but that's the boring answer, amirite?

Although, the prospect of a Mario first person shooter voiced by Nolan North is very tantalizing...
__________________
3DS:1993-8031-3778(Mercs 3D) NNID: Rascal0823(MHU3, Blops 2) GT: Rascal0302(GTA V, Diablo III, Dark Souls, GR:FS) PSN: Rascal258() Steam: Rascal0302()
Old 08-25-2012, 08:52 PM
CaptainPittoo's Avatar
Hi dingus can you bingus?
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 483
Default

Shut up you communist!
__________________
FC: 4038-7224-9251