Nintendo 3DS Forums

Mario 3DS Games General From Super Mario 3D Land to Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, discuss the many Mario games available for the 3DS here!

View Poll Results: Which Mario 3DS Game Would You Erase?
3D Land 3 4.41%
Mario Kart 7 0 0%
Mario Tennis (whatever the 3DS one is called) 15 22.06%
New Super Mario Bros. 2 6 8.82%
Paper Mario Sticker Star 16 23.53%
Mario & Sonic @ Olympic Games 28 41.18%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Which One Would You Erase?
Old 07-25-2013, 06:05 AM
MisterKorman's Avatar
Pok?mon Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,012
Default Which One Would You Erase?

OK, let's assume you could remove from existence any of the Mario games on 3DS. Which one would you get rid of?
Old 07-25-2013, 10:47 AM
Inoperable Brain Tumor's Avatar
PSN ID: Cloroxbb
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Eastern US
Posts: 5,418
Default

Honestly, I wouldn't have any problem erasing any of those.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Edum Bot's Avatar
Rudeness incarnate
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Umbralis
Posts: 848
Default

Sticker Star was nothing but a horrible accident. A horrible and painful accident.
Before anyone even dares to say something :

Paper Mario games consist 1) the battle system 2) strategy in (most) fights and 3) the story. PM64 was the first one, so you can't really say somethig against it. PMTTYD was the sequel, had a better battle system, harder fights and a deeper story. In my eyes, nostalgic **** doesn't matter, it beat the first game in all ways. Too lazy to list EVERY detail. SPM was a Jump 'n Run. Most people didn't like it but in my opinion, its story, which was the best of all PM games, redeemed that. No other Mario game, I even dare to say Nintendo game (unless I just forgot about one big game that wise) went so deep with the story.
PMSS however THREW IT ALL OUT OF THE ****ING WINDOW! Stickers were all that mattered. The difficulty was dumped down and strategy didn't matter at all anymore! All you had to do was collect the big OP stickers and threw them all the right time...or just right away.


Please Mr.Iwata-san, *cries* d-don't let t-that *sniff* h-h-happen again...
__________________
3DS FC : 0989-1800-1452
Old 07-25-2013, 01:56 PM
cheezyphil's Avatar
Adrenaline Fueled Runner
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,331
Default

I err...respectfully disagree with that opinion, Edum.

Mine would be NSMB2. Shameless and uninspired. You can do better, Nintendo.
__________________
Give credit where credit is due, but never when it isn't.
Friend Code: 330845877391
Old 07-25-2013, 02:05 PM
Zuper's Avatar
Ready For Adventure!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Convict Dumping Ground
Posts: 4,183
Default

My head is telling me to go for Mario & Sonic or Tennis, but I hate Sticker Star with such a passion. The design choices in this game frustrate me like crazy. There is no effort to fairly hint at what the player should do; dead ends everywhere. The battles are completely pointless, besides them being incredibly underwhelming. I could go on more, but I'll just say that this game is, game play wise, a train wreck. AUUUGGHH imoimoimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezyphil View Post
I err...respectfully disagree with that opinion, Edum.
no ur wrong this is the worst game ever no one can like it i hate you
↑don't listen to him he's a bit worked up right now
__________________
:>

Last edited by Zuper; 07-25-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:15 PM
Beanee's Avatar
Polyamorphic
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 538
Default

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games - Biggest load of crap I've ever had the displeasure of listening, seeing or reading about; no olympic-themed game will beat Track & Field on PS1, simples..
__________________
Wanting: World Tour, P:X, PXZ // FC: 4527-7886-7930 // Playing: Re:R, Dark Moon
Old 07-25-2013, 02:53 PM
Edum Bot's Avatar
Rudeness incarnate
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Umbralis
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezyphil View Post
I err...respectfully disagree with that opinion, Edum.

Mine would be NSMB2. Shameless and uninspired. You can do better, Nintendo.
It's a Mario Bros. game. All are the same from NSMB onward.
__________________
3DS FC : 0989-1800-1452
Old 07-25-2013, 03:18 PM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

The right should be tennis, olympics, or nsmb2, I will say sticker star.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:03 PM
Firejonie's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,816
Default

Going into the thread, I thought I'd choose NSMB2. It was a fine game, but it was pretty much NSMBWii with some coin power ups and the coin rush mode. But I'd erase Mario and Sonic, I tried the demo, and it wasn't anything special. Plus they already have like 3 or 4 games in the series, so nothing big would be lost. 3D Land and MK7 were great. Tennis Open was fun. I like Sticker Star to a degree, but it's just meh overall.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:44 PM
acetrainerbob's Avatar
Why not Zoidberg?
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Planet Express
Posts: 783
Default

I would erase either NSMB2, Tennis, Sticker Star, or Mario and Sonic. All the others are fine, which is sadly only three games, to my knowledge. (Dream Team, MK7, and 3D Land)
__________________
Wii U NNID- acetrainerbob (notify me if you add me please)
My 3DS FC is 0216-0958-2586 please PM me if you add me!
Old 07-25-2013, 08:52 PM
gamefan5's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,979
Default

PM: Sticker Star. Was a horrible installment of the series. The only game in my collection I didn't finish due to horrible battle system, constant flow of story being interrupted if not knowing where to go, and the story itself is uninspiring.
__________________
FC: 4639-9260-6073
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-2291-3112

Last edited by gamefan5; 07-25-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:24 PM
MisterKorman's Avatar
Pok?mon Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,012
Default

Tennis by FAR. The online gameplay is borderline BROKEN. They basically make it so that you can use the touchscreen and essentially never lose.

I'm all for making a game easier, but making it unlosable is unacceptable.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:13 PM
Fluttershy!'s Avatar
pony
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Americuh
Posts: 1,968
Default

Olympic games .
Old 07-26-2013, 10:13 AM
Edum Bot's Avatar
Rudeness incarnate
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Umbralis
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefan5 View Post
PM: Sticker Star. Was a horrible installment of the series. The only game in my collection I didn't finish due to horrible battle system, constant flow of story being interrupted if not knowing where to go, and the story itself is uninspiring.
What story?
__________________
3DS FC : 0989-1800-1452
Old 07-26-2013, 11:24 AM
Disco's Avatar
Mighty No. BF37
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 949
Default

I would just say keep 3D Land and Mario Kart 7. The rest can go.
__________________
"I've got better things to do tonight than die!" - Springer
PSN: UltimateDisco 3DS: 3093-7338-8294 NNID: Jeriphro (JP) LordDisco (US)
Old 07-26-2013, 08:37 PM
MisterKorman's Avatar
Pok?mon Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
I would just say keep 3D Land and Mario Kart 7. The rest can go.
Why? NSMB2 might not have brought anything new to the table, but it was still the best NSMB game (until the Wii U version came out).
Old 07-27-2013, 01:07 AM
*Brandon's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 183
Default

New Super Mario Bros. 2 because of the title. It's not even the second game, it's the third. A 3 would've made more sense because it's on the 3DS.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:33 AM
Cosmic Fuzz's Avatar
Master of None
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Astoria, NY
Posts: 621
Default

I've heard nothing but terrible news for Paper Mario Sticker Star. We all know Sonic and Mario at the Olympics is going to fail, but I sure didn't think Sticker Star was going to be a flop. Therefore, my vote goes to Sticker Star.
__________________
Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:48 AM
Astra236's Avatar
Pro Procrastinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 79
Default

Are they really that bad? Then again Mario games are getting kinda repetitive nowadays. (I don't really buy them tbh) I've got M&S, but that's because I'm a sucker for anything "crossover" xD
__________________
3DS: 3325-1922-2924
Old 08-11-2013, 05:49 PM
TheftyGamer's Avatar  
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 330
Default

Olympic games for sure. Never been much of a fan of that series.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:29 PM
Lucci's Avatar
Heheheheh
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Used to live in Naples, Campania, Italy
Posts: 1,050
Default

NSMB2 was meh, the same old same old, easy, please. The difficulty was pathetic. 4th place

MT:O was frustrating slightly, the online mode SUCKED, and the lack of characters saddens me. 5th best.

M&SLO was... okay. The minigames weren't bad, but not great. The story was bad. YOSHI WAS AWESOME. 3rd best.

MK:7 was good. The levels where okay, the competitiveness was where this game shined above every other Mario game on this list. The lack of chatacters made MT:O seem plentiful. Best game of the lot.

SM:3DL was good. I loved how it wasn't the same old same old, technically. 2nd best game for these.

PM:SS by a landslide. IT. SUCKED. No strats except biggest stickers, and it was all about: STICKERS STICKERS STICKERS. I HATE STICKERS NOW. THANKS NATE.
__________________
I'm on a hunt for some Grammer Nazi's.
Found: DC Hawkthorne, Beldomsey, Snail, Lexie
Old 08-21-2013, 04:57 PM
yoshifan314's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Yoshi's Island
Posts: 29
Default

Sticker Star...I'd love to meet the genius who decided to remove XP from an RPG game, battles are completely useless lol. Not to mention that unless you're psychic more than half the game is backtracking to find an object, Paperizing it, and being forced to restart the level. Probably the worst Mario game I've ever played.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:50 PM
DarkK's Avatar
Ex-Pony Rider
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,427
Default

I wouldn't erase any of them, even the ones I disliked, because they serve as examples of things to re-do if they work or to not ever do if they don't.

But since this is an "if" thread, I would go with either Sticker Star or 3D Land. Sticker Star because it threw everything that made Paper Mario good out of the window and 3D Land because it's linear Mario in 3D boringness, and it's infection is spreading to the Wii U with Linear Mario 3D 2: Now with Cats.

As for the whole Super Paper Mario thing Edum said, no, the story wasn't good enough to reedem the game in my opinion. I don't even think the story is all that great to be honest.

Added after 2 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Brandon View Post
New Super Mario Bros. 2 because of the title. It's not even the second game, it's the third. A 3 would've made more sense because it's on the 3DS.
It's the sequel of the original DS game. Wii isn't the second one per say, it's the first in the console series, which is why the one on Wii U is called NSMB U. Calling it NSMB3 would make it even more confusing and stupid in my opinion, since there wouldn't be a 2.

In other words, they are 2 seperate series of the same thing, if that makes any sense.
__________________
Nintendo ID (Wii U): DarkKRPG
Nintendo ID (3DS): DarkK2

Last edited by DarkK; 08-22-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:51 PM
Vanilla's Avatar
Memento mori
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Thankfully nowhere near you
Posts: 81
Default

New Super Mario Bros. 2. You won't be missing anything if you don't play it. Close second place is Sticker Star.
__________________
This area is a waste of space. Like you.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:07 PM
Sadangelman's Avatar
Woot Woot Woot!
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 495
Default

Mario Tennis as who had the stupid idea to region lock the online play. Here in the Australia/New Zealand region ive had the game since launch but have only ever found 1 person online which make the online feature useless.
__________________
3DS Friend Code: 1848-2545-8027 Wii U: Sadangelman
Old 09-05-2013, 01:10 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 72
Default

i cant believe that there are people who dont like 3d land @@
Old 09-05-2013, 01:29 AM
TLAZERBOY's Avatar
Boy with a lazer
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: i go places where do YOU go
Posts: 197
Default

paper mario sticker star is the only one i haven't played
__________________
Living life a 1/4 mile at a time..
FC: 2552-0564-4025 PSN: Carbnfibr
Old 09-05-2013, 06:56 AM
TheForce81's Avatar
Virtual Boy Ambassador
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 280
Default

I don't get all the hate towards Mario Tennis, I actually like the game quite a lot. It isn't as nice as MK, but (since I love tennis) is a nice game to play every now and then.
__________________
3DS FC: 2062-9281-3330
Old 09-05-2013, 10:08 AM
MimisMan's Avatar
LoZ is Love, LoZ is Life
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Thessaloniki, Macedonia,Greece
Posts: 1,118
Default

I was gonna vote for the Mario and Sonic Olympic games but then I realized that I don't even care about the game so it would be better to vote for a game I truly dislike.

That is NSMB2. The game is a typical Mario sidscroller, yeah, but it felt so uninspired and rushed this time. After I beat it I have never even touched it since. For a Mario game it offered me around 14 hours of gameplay. That's bad!
__________________
You 've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?...
Old 12-18-2013, 01:57 AM
MisterKorman's Avatar
Pok?mon Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,012
Default

So it seems that every 3DS owner loves Mario Kart 7. Not that I blame them.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 945
Default

Let me erase Super Mario 3D Land.

Just kidding, I'm erasing Mario Kart 7.

Mario Kart 7 was the worst Mario Kart in the series.

Might as well erase all of the Mario games except Paper Mario Sticker Star. That game was the ****, the best game in the Paper Mario series. Exciting story, awesome fighting system, everything was SPOT. ON!

Nah man, so far everything was bull****.

The only games I've played in that list were 3D Land and Mario Kart 7. Both are good games. The rest didn't really interest me to begin with. I can't really hate anything right now. My final answer is none.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:23 AM
DarkK's Avatar
Ex-Pony Rider
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrToby View Post
So it seems that every 3DS owner loves Mario Kart 7. Not that I blame them.
You're kidding, right?
__________________
Nintendo ID (Wii U): DarkKRPG
Nintendo ID (3DS): DarkK2
Old 12-18-2013, 04:55 AM
Helicoprion's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Underwater
Posts: 791
Default

I would say Mario & Sonic, but since this franchise is a much-needed money-maker for Sega, I would go with Paper Mario Sticker Star. I was originally quite interested in this game when it was announced, but was disappointed to see how it turned out. This was a case where Nintendo would have been better off making few changes to the game mechanics while focusing more on developing a better storyline for the game.
__________________
Long live 3DSF!!!
Old 12-18-2013, 07:03 AM
nate907's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Alaska
Posts: 101
Default

I chose Olympics, only cause ive never been a fan of the series. I actually liked Sticker Star alot, but then again it was the first Paper Mario i had ever played. So much hate for it i want to go out and see how great the others were. Or wait, that may ruin SS for me.
__________________
Spoiler!
Old 12-18-2013, 07:53 AM
DarkK's Avatar
Ex-Pony Rider
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate907 View Post
I chose Olympics, only cause ive never been a fan of the series. I actually liked Sticker Star alot, but then again it was the first Paper Mario i had ever played. So much hate for it i want to go out and see how great the others were. Or wait, that may ruin SS for me.
You would get in return 2 far superior games (Paper Mario and TTYD), and a game that just as bad, if not worse (Super Paper). I'd say give the first two a go.
__________________
Nintendo ID (Wii U): DarkKRPG
Nintendo ID (3DS): DarkK2
Old 12-18-2013, 08:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 945
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkK View Post
You're kidding, right?
It's just based on the fact that no one has voted Mario Kart 7 yet as I posted this.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:57 AM
DarkK's Avatar
Ex-Pony Rider
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,427
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaborg View Post
It's just based on the fact that no one has voted Mario Kart 7 yet as I posted this.
He said "every 3DS owner" when that's not true, not even for the people who voted on this poll, at least not all of them. I, for example, think MK7 is bland as hell, but I put my vote on 3D Land because that game is far, FAR worse.

I'm pretty sure that's the case with some other people as well. Just because MK7 was ignored because there's far worse choices, doesn't mean everyone loves it.

It's like making a poll of which game is worse: Sonic Genesis, Sonic 06 or Sonic & The Secret Rings and both Genesis and 06 eat all of the votes. Does everyone love Secret Rings? No, why would you even assume that. Because it has no votes? The poll is about which game is worse, so people might think Genesis/06 is worse, but that doesn't automatically mean that everyone loves S&TSR. That's dumb logic.
__________________
Nintendo ID (Wii U): DarkKRPG
Nintendo ID (3DS): DarkK2
Old 12-18-2013, 03:26 PM
dcv1979's Avatar
Super Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,256
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edum Bot View Post
Sticker Star was nothing but a horrible accident. A horrible and painful accident.
Before anyone even dares to say something :

Paper Mario games consist 1) the battle system 2) strategy in (most) fights and 3) the story. PM64 was the first one, so you can't really say somethig against it. PMTTYD was the sequel, had a better battle system, harder fights and a deeper story. In my eyes, nostalgic **** doesn't matter, it beat the first game in all ways. Too lazy to list EVERY detail. SPM was a Jump 'n Run. Most people didn't like it but in my opinion, its story, which was the best of all PM games, redeemed that. No other Mario game, I even dare to say Nintendo game (unless I just forgot about one big game that wise) went so deep with the story.
PMSS however THREW IT ALL OUT OF THE ****ING WINDOW! Stickers were all that mattered. The difficulty was dumped down and strategy didn't matter at all anymore! All you had to do was collect the big OP stickers and threw them all the right time...or just right away.


Please Mr.Iwata-san, *cries* d-don't let t-that *sniff* h-h-happen again...
totally agree!!!
__________________
Spoof!
Old 12-22-2013, 03:50 AM
gamefan5's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edum Bot View Post
What story?
Touch?.
__________________
FC: 4639-9260-6073
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-2291-3112
Old 12-23-2013, 06:06 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000's Avatar
with power beyond belief
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Alamos Town, Sinnoh
Posts: 796
Default

Sticker Star. 100% no doubt Sticker Star. If that essay of a review I did in its thread a while back didn't convince anyone that it wasn't good, I don't know what will.
__________________
My power is limitless...
Old 12-31-2013, 01:12 AM
MisterKorman's Avatar
Pok?mon Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,012
Default

It was definitely a disappointing game. I still really enjoyed it, and I think most people overreact when speaking about it.