Nintendo 3DS Forums
Go Back   Nintendo 3DS Forums > Gaming > Nintendo 3DS > Questions & Answers

Questions & Answers Having technical issues with your Nintendo 3DS? Confused about a particular feature? Get your questions answered here!

[Unanswered] 3ds Eshop Creditcard Error
Old 08-13-2013, 08:58 AM
ZAINheroOFtime's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 42
Angry 3ds Eshop Creditcard Error

Hey guys I needed to buy the new animal crossing directly from the eshop but I get this error whenever I try to add funds in my account: "This credit card could not be used. For more information..." I searched this on the internet but all of them said to contact nintendo. And people who got the error also said that thier account balance has also been decreased. I dont know about mine but now I im pretty serious because I had the permission to spend only $40 and I tried several times before posting over here. Please help!
Old 08-13-2013, 09:07 AM
BMO's Avatar
BMO BMO is offline
Persona 5 never
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,469
Default

what region are you in and what type of credit card are you using?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:30 AM
MikeGreece13's Avatar
Stand, Bow, Aye!
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Iraklion, Crete, Greece
Posts: 2,443
Default

On the eShop I'm pretty sure it says you can only use a Visa or Mastercard. At least that's the case in Europe.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:53 AM
Uncle_Pit's Avatar
Petit Canaillou
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: France
Posts: 231
Default

He's a 13 years old boy from the large Region US. (Don't know where exactly)

Specifically for USA, you have to use a US credit card, even a Canadian one isn't allowed. For Canada, you do what you want with a Visa one (I use one), don't know for mastercard.

Or maybe it's some Parental / Nintendo restriction for the young ones.
__________________
My 3DS FC: 3840-6200-3322
If you add me, don't forget to give me yours!
Old 08-13-2013, 11:11 AM
Nonuo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Jakarta
Posts: 556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAINheroOFtime View Post
Hey guys I needed to buy the new animal crossing directly from the eshop but I get this error whenever I try to add funds in my account: "This credit card could not be used. For more information..." I searched this on the internet but all of them said to contact nintendo. And people who got the error also said that thier account balance has also been decreased. I dont know about mine but now I im pretty serious because I had the permission to spend only $40 and I tried several times before posting over here. Please help!
Are you by any chance using a non US credit card on US eshop? If the answer is yes, then simply change the region to Canada.

Go to System Settings in the home screen/main menu. From there you pick Other Settings -> Profile -> Region Settings -> Canada.

You should be able to use your Credit Card now.
__________________
"Regardless of what you are no doubt thinking, I was not the victor"
"............................... -___-"
Old 08-13-2013, 11:31 AM
ZAINheroOFtime's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 42
Default

Are you sure? Im from U.S but the credit card is from a different region. Will changing it to canada work? P.S: its a master card.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:38 AM
Uncle_Pit's Avatar
Petit Canaillou
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: France
Posts: 231
Default

You can change to Canada (use Alberta province, it's tax free), get some money, buy games, and return to US to play your games. The only constraint is that your money will stay on the region Canada / Alberta province.
__________________
My 3DS FC: 3840-6200-3322
If you add me, don't forget to give me yours!
Old 08-13-2013, 12:14 PM
ZAINheroOFtime's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 42
Default

Still not working guys...
What Zip code should I enter when it asks in eshop?
Old 08-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Nonuo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Jakarta
Posts: 556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAINheroOFtime View Post
Are you sure? Im from U.S but the credit card is from a different region. Will changing it to canada work? P.S: its a master card.
I'm sure. Master Card cards will work just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Pit View Post
You can change to Canada (use Alberta province, it's tax free), get some money, buy games, and return to US to play your games. The only constraint is that your money will stay on the region Canada / Alberta province.
It's not tax free though. All province in canadian eshop charge 5% tax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAINheroOFtime View Post
Still not working guys...
What Zip code should I enter when it asks in eshop?
Yours (your house or wherever the billing address is).
__________________
"Regardless of what you are no doubt thinking, I was not the victor"
"............................... -___-"
Old 08-13-2013, 12:46 PM
ZAINheroOFtime's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 42
Default

DAMINT! will somebody help me?! i'll jump off the window if my dad finds out that nearly $300 has been decreased from his account. (I tried to add funds about 15 times)
Old 08-13-2013, 12:56 PM
Nonuo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Jakarta
Posts: 556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAINheroOFtime View Post
DAMINT! will somebody help me?! i'll jump off the window if my dad finds out that nearly $300 has been decreased from his account. (I tried to add funds about 15 times)
And did you succeed in doing that? If not then they won't charge you.

Now tell us what went wrong.
__________________
"Regardless of what you are no doubt thinking, I was not the victor"
"............................... -___-"
Old 08-13-2013, 01:13 PM
Uncle_Pit's Avatar
Petit Canaillou
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: France
Posts: 231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonuo View Post
It's not tax free though. All province in canadian eshop charge 5% tax.
My mistake: No provincial tax, but always the 5% Federal Tax.
__________________
My 3DS FC: 3840-6200-3322
If you add me, don't forget to give me yours!
Old 08-13-2013, 01:24 PM
ZAINheroOFtime's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 42
Default

Any help?...

Added after 8 minutes:

I checked every website on the internet and all of them said that eshop will charge you even if you received that error. Now, the error is same, no difference. I'll greatly appreciate any help guys.

Last edited by ZAINheroOFtime; 08-13-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:12 AM
Nonuo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Jakarta
Posts: 556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAINheroOFtime View Post
Any help?...

Added after 8 minutes:

I checked every website on the internet and all of them said that eshop will charge you even if you received that error. Now, the error is same, no difference. I'll greatly appreciate any help guys.
That's not true. Just contact your bank to make sure of it.
__________________
"Regardless of what you are no doubt thinking, I was not the victor"
"............................... -___-"
Old 08-14-2013, 07:06 AM
ZAINheroOFtime's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 42
Default

No way im contacting the bank! But whats wrong with the eshop?! I changed all the settings but its still saying that the credit card could not be used. I think the error occur because the region is set to Canada while the zip code is from USA.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:04 AM
Uncle_Pit's Avatar
Petit Canaillou
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: France
Posts: 231
Default

It's logical that you set the zip code of the region you choose.
__________________
My 3DS FC: 3840-6200-3322
If you add me, don't forget to give me yours!
Old 08-14-2013, 10:50 AM
Nonuo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Jakarta
Posts: 556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAINheroOFtime View Post
No way im contacting the bank! But whats wrong with the eshop?! I changed all the settings but its still saying that the credit card could not be used. I think the error occur because the region is set to Canada while the zip code is from USA.
Why not? You only have to call their CS (usually toll free) and ask if there was any transaction being made in your account from the nintendo eshop. Just to make sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Pit View Post
It's logical that you set the zip code of the region you choose.
Nope. I can use both of my Indonesian Credit Card (Visa and Master Card) in the Canadian eshop just fine. And unlike the American eshop, you don't need to set any zip code to use the Canadian one.

The only zip code they asked for is the one in your credit card's billing address.
__________________
"Regardless of what you are no doubt thinking, I was not the victor"
"............................... -___-"

Last edited by Nonuo; 08-14-2013 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:56 AM
Uncle_Pit's Avatar
Petit Canaillou
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: France
Posts: 231
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonuo View Post
The only zip code they asked for is the one in your credit card's billing address.
Oh yes, it was this one.

Nonuo, don't forget that he's 13 years old. He can't contact his father's bank. But to be sure, he should ask his dad to do it, instead of hiding it and maybe having a big surprise in some days.
__________________
My 3DS FC: 3840-6200-3322
If you add me, don't forget to give me yours!
Old 08-14-2013, 12:06 PM
ZAINheroOFtime's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 42
Default

How do I get to know the billing address? im new to this credit card stuff.

Added after 20 minutes:

Ok so now I know the billing address which contain the ZIP CODE while the canadian eshop asks for a POSTAL CODE. The difference is that zip codes contain only 5 digit numbers while the postal code contain 6 digit numbers and letters. Now what do I do?

Last edited by ZAINheroOFtime; 08-14-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:34 PM
Nonuo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Jakarta
Posts: 556
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAINheroOFtime View Post
How do I get to know the billing address? im new to this credit card stuff.

Added after 20 minutes:

Ok so now I know the billing address which contain the ZIP CODE while the canadian eshop asks for a POSTAL CODE. The difference is that zip codes contain only 5 digit numbers while the postal code contain 6 digit numbers and letters. Now what do I do?
Add a zero in front of your zip code. If your zip code is 12345, then enter 012345.
__________________
"Regardless of what you are no doubt thinking, I was not the victor"
"............................... -___-"
Old 08-14-2013, 02:54 PM
ZAINheroOFtime's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 42
Default

Now, im going to break my 3ds in half and put it in fire. ITS NOT WORKING!!! please help me guys! please!!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 03:33 PM
ADSLoverNamedGoo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 848
Default

Go to best buy or whatever gaming shop you have there with your dad. Get a pre paid eshop card and have your dad use his credit card. Go home. Add funds from card to your eshop account. Use funds to buy game....
__________________
No, not a fan "boy" . I'm not young. Or male for that fact.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:41 PM
ZAINheroOFtime's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 42
Default

I cant go out. Thats why im buying from the eshop.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:38 PM
UrsineBagel's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: California
Posts: 247
Default

Does your dad know you're using his credit card?
You could just ask him to buy an eShop card for you.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:55 AM
ZAINheroOFtime's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 42
Default

Dude, im not stealing my own dad's money. But he's too busy to get me one thats why he gave me the credit card. Guess I should stop trying...
Old 08-15-2013, 09:22 AM
Nonuo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Jakarta
Posts: 556
Default

You just need to follow Uncle_Pit's and my advices correctly and it should be alright.

The fact that you still got that error even after you managed to reach the zip code part can only mean two things:

1. You entered the wrong zip code, or
2. The credit card has exceeded its limit.

As an alternative, you can just purchase some prepaid card/code online from gamestop/walmart/whatever. They will send you the code online, and you can use the code to add the necessary fund to your eshop account.
__________________
"Regardless of what you are no doubt thinking, I was not the victor"
"............................... -___-"
Old 08-15-2013, 01:46 PM
ZAINheroOFtime's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 42
Default

Wait, they will send me the CODE ONLINE?
Old 08-15-2013, 02:54 PM
BMO's Avatar
BMO BMO is offline
Persona 5 never
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAINheroOFtime View Post
Wait, they will send me the CODE ONLINE?
to your email yes

just use your dads card and buy a 20 dollar eshop card somewhere online
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:20 PM
ZAINheroOFtime's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 42
Default

Can you link me some SAFE AND TRUSTED sites?
Old 08-15-2013, 03:46 PM
Uncle_Pit's Avatar
Petit Canaillou
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: France
Posts: 231
Default

Here:
20 $: Nintendo E-Shop $20 Card, Buy Nintendo E-Shop $20 Card Online
35 $: Nintendo E-Shop $35 Card, Buy Nintendo E-Shop $35 Card Online
50 $: Nintendo E-Shop $50, Buy Nintendo E-Shop $50 Delivered Online

I bought one some weeks ago, you have your code just after the payment. Pure US (not Canada).
__________________
My 3DS FC: 3840-6200-3322
If you add me, don't forget to give me yours!
Old 08-15-2013, 03:49 PM
ZAINheroOFtime's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 42
Default

You sure this is safe?
Im trusting you guys...