Nintendo 3DS Forums
Go Back   Nintendo 3DS Forums > Gaming > Nintendo 3DS Games > Pok?mon 3DS Games General

Pok?mon 3DS Games General Discuss Pok?mon X and Y as well as other 3DS Pok?mon games.

Pokemon XY leaks (WARNING SPOILERS INSIDE) - Page 2
Old 10-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

So does that mean too separate grass/ghost type lines?
Old 10-04-2013, 01:55 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

well, phantump's typing is unconfirmed, but i'd guess so



oh god

edit: raichu confirmed for still mono-electric

Last edited by SRT; 10-04-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

So phantump are basically like the pokemon version of kokiri and stalfos. I'm going name it makar.

I bet pumkaboo and phantump will be version exclusives.

Last edited by Yuoke; 10-04-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:47 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

They're not version exclusive, but they have swapped encounter ratios.


Old 10-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
They're not version exclusive, but they have swapped encounter ratios.


I'm surprised they aren't bug/ice actually, but really cute. It reminds me.
It reminds me of crystalites in metroid prime.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:52 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

i suppose the "mite" part of his name is for "stalagmite" rather than "mite" as in the insect

and yeah, they reminded me a lot of them too
Old 10-04-2013, 04:07 PM
gamefan5's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
i suppose the "mite" part of his name is for "stalagmite" rather than "mite" as in the insect

and yeah, they reminded me a lot of them too
Or... Maybe both?
Sorta looks like a mite.
__________________
FC: 4639-9260-6073
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-2291-3112
Old 10-04-2013, 04:13 PM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Azurill is normal/fairy.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:29 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default



more defensive ice types gg
Old 10-04-2013, 05:26 PM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post


more defensive ice types gg
Is it okay to scream at gf now?
Why a defensive type T T
EDIT: GET READY GUYS
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=8454
*Trumpet solo plays in the background*
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned

Last edited by Nedcone; 10-04-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:16 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default



aw D:

also hoping that this junk about hoenn is more interesting than just 3rd gen remakes. 3rd gen doesn't need a remake, imo. but i guess i'll save that discussion for another thread
Old 10-04-2013, 07:51 PM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post



also hoping that this junk about hoenn is more interesting than just 3rd gen remakes. 3rd gen doesn't need a remake, imo. but i guess i'll save that discussion for another thread
I may agree, but hoenn fanboys are around. Personally, I'd rather see a sequel

Are you ready, for mega gyrados?
*Typing currently unown*
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned

Last edited by Nedcone; 10-04-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:28 PM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

2manygen1megas
Old 10-04-2013, 09:05 PM
Smeaxy's Avatar
Master Pokemans
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
2manygen1megas
I guess since megas are Nintendo's way of revising pokemon, it makes sense gen 1 would have the most : /


and that gen 6 would have none......................................
__________________
Add for Animal Crossing :P
3DS FC: 2793-1081-4203
Old 10-04-2013, 10:29 PM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeaxy View Post
I guess since megas are Nintendo's way of revising pokemon, it makes sense gen 1 would have the most : /


and that gen 6 would have none......................................
Gen 5 kind of has 156 pokemon.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:33 PM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default


My face when I saw the list of revealed Megas and there was no Dunsparce or Far fetched
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned
Old 10-04-2013, 11:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 691
Default

Gen 5 has a lot of awesome designs though xD Vullaby needs a mega, it's so fugly on its own.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:45 PM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default


To catch people up
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned
Old 10-04-2013, 11:59 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

Old 10-05-2013, 12:06 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
Wow, the claw confused me for a second. I really thought that was the body. I'm surprised it is a special attacker though. Sad no secondary typing though.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:07 AM
sonic the frog's Avatar
Blueish-Bomberish
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
Guns confirmed
__________________
Diggersby tho
Old 10-05-2013, 12:32 AM
NoelX2's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 307
Default

lol Pokemon X is superior version
__________________
FC: 3136-7060-6520
Old 10-05-2013, 12:38 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

it's a metaphor for how people who get x need to overcompensate
Old 10-05-2013, 12:44 AM
NoelX2's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
it's a metaphor for how people who get x need to overcompensate
LOL YOU MAD CUZ YOU GONNA GET Y PLEB VERSION W0W LOL NO PATRICIANS ON THIS BOARD EXCEPT 4 ME
__________________
FC: 3136-7060-6520
Old 10-05-2013, 12:45 AM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
Awesome.
Also for those wondering about the name
Claw+Howitzer
(A howitzer is a type of artillery piece characterized by a relatively short barrel and the use of comparatively small propellant charges to propel projectiles at relatively high trajectories, with a steep angle of descent.Until fairly recently, about the end of the Second World War, such weapons were characterized by a barrel length 15 to 25 times the caliber of the gun. i.e. It's (the claw) bigger than its body for a reason)
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned

Last edited by Nedcone; 10-05-2013 at 12:55 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:16 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

We need to have a showdown with clawitzer and octillery. I could see that being an anime episode
Old 10-05-2013, 01:57 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default



stay losing x plebs



excuse me what
Old 10-05-2013, 02:00 AM
Tekka's Avatar
Crimson Wizard
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rustboro City, Hoenn
Posts: 1,258
Default

Very unexpected final evolution. Also slimy.
__________________
Fantastic, na magic!
Old 10-05-2013, 02:00 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default




Last edited by SRT; 10-05-2013 at 02:05 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:08 AM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Damnit, I thought it stay more sluggish, oh well still good. The pumpkin thingie looks weird, but this entire gen is weird!
EDIT: AVALUGG
HOMINAHOMINAHOMINAHOMINAHOMINAHOMINAHOMINA
EDIT 2: Orotto's English name is Trevenant.
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned

Last edited by Nedcone; 10-05-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:18 AM
Tekka's Avatar
Crimson Wizard
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rustboro City, Hoenn
Posts: 1,258
Default

Looks like Tortimer had a baby with the Master of Rockshard Rampart.
__________________
Fantastic, na magic!
Old 10-05-2013, 02:18 AM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default


New Pok?mon: Florges, Floette evo.
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned
Old 10-05-2013, 02:29 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default



rad
Old 10-05-2013, 02:42 AM
sonic the frog's Avatar
Blueish-Bomberish
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,436
Default

So from what I've gathered the leaker is at the E4 so expect Champion spoilers soon!
__________________
Diggersby tho
Old 10-05-2013, 02:42 AM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post


rad
10/10
This music comes to mind: Skyward Sword: Koloktos/Moldarach Boss Theme (Slow Version) [Extended] - YouTube
And I knew the Trifecta would come in handy ever since it was hinted on Honedge's sheath!
Edit: I'll block your Aegislash with my aegislash!
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned

Last edited by Nedcone; 10-05-2013 at 02:58 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:49 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

how the **** has nobody seen dedenne yet
Old 10-05-2013, 02:52 AM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
how the **** has nobody seen dedenne yet
Rushing, only seen in the aftergame, rare encounter, missed places to encounter it, don't care etc.
Skrelp evolution's name is Dragalge (Weedra)
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned
Old 10-05-2013, 03:05 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

I highly doubt he region electric rodent can't be seen until post game.

Added after 2 minutes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post


It says its body is as hard as steel, yet isn't part steel type.

Last edited by Yuoke; 10-05-2013 at 03:05 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:07 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

but it's ice type, the strongest and most defensive type!!!
Old 10-05-2013, 03:12 AM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
but it's ice type, the strongest and most defensive type!!!
>Strongest most defensive type ever
>Only resists itself
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned
Old 10-05-2013, 03:13 AM
gamefan5's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedcone View Post
>Strongest most defensive type ever
>Only resists itself
Sarcasm detector malfunctioning bro?
__________________
FC: 4639-9260-6073
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-2291-3112

Last edited by gamefan5; 10-05-2013 at 03:19 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:14 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

I'm hoping it gets a good dream world ability, because I like its design.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:54 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

Quote:
and Magneton knows a move called Electric terrain, basically a electric type rain dance.
Very interesting.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:00 AM
Rmane7's Avatar
Blaze kick in yo' face!
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: I'm already awesome, what more do you want from me?!
Posts: 111
Default

Is a $5 yearly fee really worth it for pokebank?

On/off topic
__________________
3ds Fc:0216-1874-1534
I'm all right 24/7!
Old 10-05-2013, 04:17 AM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
Very interesting.
They asked for acid rain, we're giving you electric terrain.
Time to dust of the ole Elektross this gen.
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned
Old 10-05-2013, 04:17 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmane7 View Post
Is a $5 yearly fee really worth it for pokebank?

On/off topic
yes

$5 a year is basically nothing
Old 10-05-2013, 04:20 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedcone View Post
They asked for acid rain, we're giving you electric terrain.
Time to dust of the ole Elektross this gen.
Elektross with electric terrain in sky battles.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:34 AM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
yes

$5 a year is basically nothing
It's almost a penny and a half a day!
I can't afford that in this economy!
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned
Old 10-05-2013, 04:37 AM
gamefan5's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedcone View Post
It's almost a penny and a half a day!
I can't afford that in this economy!
I know right? Suddenly when u use 5$ for a bag of chips that lasts for one day, it's a good thing. But when it's something for a full year, it isn't. XD
__________________
FC: 4639-9260-6073
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-2291-3112
Old 10-05-2013, 05:10 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

I think the common theory as to why greninja loses the bubbes is that the frog that froakie/frogadier is based on starts off with having the bubbles on it, then licks them off when it grows up.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default


Diggersby's typing
Like many things this gen, it has an interesting backstory, being based off what Japanese craftsman wearing a haramaki, a thick cloth worn around the belly meant to retain body heat during the winter. Similar to what real bunnies do.
You might recognize it on him:
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned

Last edited by Nedcone; 10-05-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:44 PM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedcone View Post

Diggersby's typing
Like many things this gen, it has an interesting backstory, being based off what Japanese craftsman wearing a haramaki, a thick cloth worn around the belly meant to retain body heat during the winter. Similar to what real bunnies do.
You might recognize it on him:
Best regional rodent confirmed.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Fr05tE's Avatar  
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 123 Here St.
Posts: 244
Default

Diggersby looks so awesome...I want him Q-Q
Old 10-05-2013, 02:13 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

i recognize diggersby from being ONE RAD MOTHER****ER
Old 10-05-2013, 04:29 PM
Tekka's Avatar
Crimson Wizard
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rustboro City, Hoenn
Posts: 1,258
Default

Nevermind. Fake.
__________________
Fantastic, na magic!

Last edited by Tekka; 10-05-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:56 PM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default


Who wants some delicious binacle?!
This is the actual barnacle binacle is based off of, it's a delicacy in Japan. The Japanese goose barnacle!
EDIT: Misty Terrain (Weather condition X/Y) halves damage from Dragon-type attacks for Pokemon touching the ground. There you have it. Gamefreak wants to send my dragon to the graveyard.
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned

Last edited by Nedcone; 10-05-2013 at 06:16 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:58 PM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedcone View Post

Who wants some delicious binacle?!
This is the actual barnacle binacle is based off of, it's a delicacy in Japan. The Japanese goose barnacle!
EDIT: Misty Terrain (Weather condition X/Y) halves damage from Dragon-type attacks for Pokemon touching the ground. There you have it. Gamefreak wants to send my dragon to the graveyard.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:44 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default



dag yo



JESUS
Old 10-05-2013, 09:45 PM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post


dag yo



JESUS
I was actually expecting something like that.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:46 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

those ****ing stats though god damn
Old 10-05-2013, 10:50 PM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
those ****ing stats though god damn
Using it 100x more
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned
Old 10-05-2013, 11:02 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default



we ain't done yet
Old 10-05-2013, 11:19 PM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post


we ain't done yet
Wow....so it has bat in its name and it looks that much like swoobat.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:26 PM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Aegislash info from leaker
"Aegislash Blade Forme stats. I think you will be pleased:

http://i.imgur.com/Gbekyz1.jpg


Aegislash starts the battle in Shield Forme. It seems he changes to Blade Forme when you use an attack that deals damage, and back to Blade Forme when you use something like King's Shield. Here's what I've observed:


Battle start, Aegislash in Shield Forme.
I select King's Shield.
Aegislash uses King's Shield, stays in Shield Forme.
Enemy attacks. The damage is prevented, and the enemy's Attack harshly falls.

Turn two, Aegislash in Shield Forme.
I select Iron Head.
Enemy attacks, Aegislash takes damage normally.
Aegislash turns to Blade Forme and uses Iron Head.

Turn three, Aegislash in Blade Forme.
I select Swords Dance.
Enemy attacks, Aegislash takes damage normally.
Aegislash stays in Blade Forme and uses Swords Dance.

Turn four, Aegislash in Blade Forme.
I select King's Shield.
Aegislash turns to Shield Forme, uses King's Shield.
Enemy attacks. The damage is prevented, and the enemy's Attack harshly falls."
AWESOME
Edit also:

Coolio
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned

Last edited by Nedcone; 10-05-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:28 PM
Kinvara's Avatar
Aquatic Admin
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Inkopolis
Posts: 10,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post


we ain't done yet
It's ADORABLE. <3

(Also, it doesn't look much like swoobat)
Old 10-06-2013, 12:14 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

wow, there are no fully evolved poison types this gen. jeez.

edit: wow shocking (champion spoiler) http://i.imgur.com/vxZUCtR.jpg

Last edited by SRT; 10-06-2013 at 12:35 AM.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:35 AM
sonic the frog's Avatar
Blueish-Bomberish
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,436
Default

We have the E4 and Champ leaked
__________________
Diggersby tho
Old 10-06-2013, 12:36 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

i guess postgame info is coming soon

BRACING MYSELF
Old 10-06-2013, 12:37 AM
sonic the frog's Avatar
Blueish-Bomberish
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,436
Default

Hoping for Hoenn post game :P

http://i.imgur.com/aT2s0Tp.jpg

<3
__________________
Diggersby tho

Last edited by sonic the frog; 10-06-2013 at 12:39 AM.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:40 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

No, I'm not looking at the e4 or champion. Also, what is the total number of new pokemon so far?
Old 10-06-2013, 12:40 AM
Tekka's Avatar
Crimson Wizard
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rustboro City, Hoenn
Posts: 1,258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic the frog View Post
Hoping for Hoenn post game :P

http://i.imgur.com/aT2s0Tp.jpg

<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7-3gYWT0mg
__________________
Fantastic, na magic!
Old 10-06-2013, 12:41 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic the frog View Post
Hoping for Hoenn post game :P

http://i.imgur.com/aT2s0Tp.jpg

<3
deviantart dreams do come true

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
No, I'm not looking at the e4 or champion. Also, what is the total number of new pokemon so far?
69, dude
Old 10-06-2013, 12:42 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Ahh, so I see about 70 is true then.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:05 AM
Eric33's Avatar
Owner of 648 Pokemon
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nevada
Posts: 72
Default

With all the new pokemon revealed I have about four teams I want to use
__________________
3DS FC:1633-4760-4453
ACNL Dream Code:5100-2159-1466
Old 10-06-2013, 01:35 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default



welp
Old 10-06-2013, 01:38 AM
Tekka's Avatar
Crimson Wizard
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rustboro City, Hoenn
Posts: 1,258
Default

Even though the number is kinda low, we've got some high quality stuff here. To say I'm satisfied would be an understatement.
__________________
Fantastic, na magic!
Old 10-06-2013, 01:44 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

You just know people are going to call out gamefreak is running out of ideas.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:45 AM
NoelX2's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 307
Default

There are usually some legendaries after the mascots, so the number is probably going to be 75.

I don't mind this; Generation 4 was the worst at original Pokemon.
__________________
FC: 3136-7060-6520
Old 10-06-2013, 01:46 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

I hope this doesn't mean there won't be any postgame either.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:48 AM
NoelX2's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 307
Default



There's this.

EDIT: (Okay. I don't know if there are going to be extra legendaries. Pls GF)
__________________
FC: 3136-7060-6520
Old 10-06-2013, 03:10 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default



huh.

bummed if this means a lack of battle factory
Old 10-06-2013, 03:21 AM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

Any generation without a Battle Frontier and only about 70 new Pokemon has to be the worst generation, haha.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:28 AM
sonic the frog's Avatar
Blueish-Bomberish
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmis View Post
Any generation without a Battle Frontier and only about 70 new Pokemon has to be the worst generation, haha.
Sitting on benches > all
__________________
Diggersby tho
Old 10-06-2013, 03:32 AM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmis View Post
Any generation without a Battle Frontier and only about 70 new Pokemon has to be the worst generation, haha.
Mega evos raises that number, and the 70 are some the best the series has ever had. Besides, free DLC is an option :P
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned
Old 10-06-2013, 03:37 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

so not only is there not (at this point, maybe at a later point there will be) a poison legendary...

there isn't even a single fully evolved poison type gen 6 mon

ahahahahaha
Old 10-06-2013, 03:37 AM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedcone View Post
Mega evos raises that number, and the 70 are some the best the series has ever had. Besides, free DLC is an option :P
I don't consider Mega Evolutions "new Pokemon," so I don't count them. In fact, they just seem to be filler to justify the amount of new Pokemon. As for the 68 apparently confirmed thus far, I like most of their designs, but I care more about their usefulness. We'll see how that turns out.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:42 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmis View Post
I don't consider Mega Evolutions "new Pokemon," so I don't count them. In fact, they just seem to be filler to justify the amount of new Pokemon.
Eh? It's not like there wasn't a conscious decision to invest time and resources into making X Mega Evolutions instead of, say, X/2 or X/3 new Pokemon. GameFreak wasn't just like "OH **** WE'RE 3 MONTHS FROM LAUNCH AND DON'T HAVE TIME FOR NEW POKEMON TOSS SOME HAIR ON THAT AMPHAROS."

For whatever reason they just decided that they don't want to have that many new Pokemon! I'd say the lack of new Legendaries certainly reflects this mentality.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:50 AM
sonic the frog's Avatar
Blueish-Bomberish
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
Eh? It's not like there wasn't a conscious decision to invest time and resources into making X Mega Evolutions instead of, say, X/2 or X/3 new Pokemon. GameFreak wasn't just like "OH **** WE'RE 3 MONTHS FROM LAUNCH AND DON'T HAVE TIME FOR NEW POKEMON TOSS SOME HAIR ON THAT AMPHAROS."

For whatever reason they just decided that they don't want to have that many new Pokemon! I'd say the lack of new Legendaries certainly reflects this mentality.
Mega Evolutions were trademarked in February.
__________________
Diggersby tho
Old 10-06-2013, 03:51 AM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

I think of it more like "Wow, it sure is hard to think up new Pokemon. Hey why not just redesign some old Pokemon and call them MEGA? They can take up the open slots we can't fill!"

I know, I'm being cynical, but I have a difficult time believing that it required a lot of effort to think up most of the mega designs I've recently been exposed to.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:56 AM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmis View Post
I think of it more like "Wow, it sure is hard to think up new Pokemon. Hey why not just redesign some old Pokemon and call them MEGA? They can take up the open slots we can't fill!"

I know, I'm being cynical, but I have a difficult time believing that it required a lot of effort to think up most of the mega designs I've recently been exposed to.
>Hard to think up new Pokemon
>Pokemon hasn't scratched 5% of all availible species on Earth.
I'm not really believing this sentiment either considering it took, what, five gens to get a poodle, piston shrimp, lion, etc etc. Not to mention the numerous inanimate objects. People complain that alot of Pokemon are added that do nothing but replace older Pokemon. This gen, all the Pokemon are original (Barring Dedenne and 1 or 2 others) and make up their own respective niche, which, although I don't mind variety, pleases me more than an obligatory 100+ Pokemon. Besides, Gen V added the most Pokemon ever, so Gen VI has to mix it up somehow. And many mega evos are creative, such as Mawile's or the rocking Ampharos.
Not insulting you, but I just can't agree with this.
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned
Old 10-06-2013, 03:58 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmis View Post
I think of it more like "Wow, it sure is hard to think up new Pokemon. Hey why not just redesign some old Pokemon and call them MEGA? They can take up the open slots we can't fill!"

I know, I'm being cynical, but I have a difficult time believing that it required a lot of effort to think up most of the mega designs I've recently been exposed to.
I have trouble believing that it wasn't all a decision made from the very start. From the announcement of Mega Mewtwo through the info about Pokemon Origins and getting the Kanto Starters, it's been pretty apparent that their strategy has been pretty much the antithesis of Gen 5's, highlight the old and improved over the all new. Don't intimidate the lapsed players, and rather show them that it's easy to jump back in.

I mean, it's possible that this decision was made as a result of a company meeting where they said "eh, designing new Pokemon is hard, what if this next set of games focuses on old ones?" But it certainly wasn't a decision made on the fly when they were midway through development and realized suddenly that they were out of ideas.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:59 AM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic the frog View Post
Mega Evolutions were trademarked in February.
Key word is trademarked, not created or thought up.
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned
Old 10-06-2013, 04:18 AM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

Maybe my previous posts are implying it, but I don't care for the designs of the Mega Pokemon. My point had more to do with not considering them as "new Pokemon" because I simply consider them enhanced forms of preexisting Pokemon. I do make a distinction between actual evolutions and forms.

My other point had to do with the idea that developing Mega forms somehow took a lot of time, and how I find that difficult to believe based on what I've seen. I realize now, that some time must have at least been placed on their animations, but aside from that I'm not entirely convinced here.

My posts have nothing to do with when the concept was made up or how creative the designs are (even if one of my points implies that the designs aren't "creative" or whatever).
Old 10-06-2013, 04:24 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

I'd agree that Mega Pokemon shouldn't be grouped into a category along with new Pokemon. And I'd agree that they probably didn't take a particularly long time to make. Basically, I'm saying that the quantity of new and Mega Pokemon are totally independent in regards to the amount of "resources" they had. I would assume that they decided to have Mega Pokemon, and then decided that because of that they would have fewer new Pokemon.

Basically they're not filler

edit: to summarize i'm not saying that your opinion or what you're saying is wrong, just that "filler" is really the wrong choice of word, as Megas probably had a large hand in shaping the dev cycle themselves. i can't be held responsible for whatever ned is saying!

Last edited by SRT; 10-06-2013 at 04:29 AM.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:29 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Megas were definitely planned from the start, not just tmgamefreak on the fly deciding they couldn't think of enough designs and wanted to use megas as an excuse. I dont love every mega design, but they had work put into them.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:34 AM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
I'd agree that Mega Pokemon shouldn't be grouped into a category along with new Pokemon. And I'd agree that they probably didn't take a particularly long time to make. Basically, I'm saying that the quantity of new and Mega Pokemon are totally independent in regards to the amount of "resources" they had. I would assume that they decided to have Mega Pokemon, and then decided that because of that they would have fewer new Pokemon.

Basically they're not filler

edit: to summarize i'm not saying that your opinion or what you're saying is wrong, just that "filler" is really the wrong choice of word, as Megas probably had a large hand in shaping the dev cycle themselves. i can't be held responsible for whatever ned is saying!
No name dropping :P
I'm mostly on the same page, however I may or may not view mega evos as actual evolutions now as some view them akin to forme changes.
I'm just thinking that mega evos probably didn't have as much of an impact on the new Pokemon as you think. Also, gamefreak have shown themselves to being somewhat aware of fan complaints (Although whether they respond or not is their choice) and have probably heard the complaints of those who don't like alot of new Pokemon with many treading old ground. Many places of influence and I'm not exactly believing that mega evos directly influenced the lower numbers (Indirectly maybe)
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned
Old 10-06-2013, 04:39 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default





And I guess that wraps it all up. No more new Pokemon for a year or two!

It's been fun, everyone~
Old 10-06-2013, 04:44 AM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post




And I guess that wraps it all up. No more new Pokemon for a year or two!

It's been fun, everyone~
Well, this gen has been a very quirky, odd, and weird one! I love it completely 10/10.
So my senses are tingling for the background of this Pokemon, but I'll have to double check to make sure. It's a one off one right? Singular Pokemon? Seems like an interesting typing.
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned
Old 10-06-2013, 04:45 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

It's the Z legendary.

Heh, they made a snake legendary and it's not Poison type. They really did it.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:46 AM
gamefan5's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,979
Default

__________________
FC: 4639-9260-6073
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-2291-3112
Old 10-06-2013, 04:47 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Well if you think about it, gen 2 had 100 "new" pokemon, 20 of those being either evolutions or preevotlutions to gen 1 pokemon. So the usefullness of megas pretty much equals out, to me at least, having at least as many "new" pokemon as gen 2, maybe even almost gen 4.

And wow, the z legendary is....not do great, but okay. It sort reminds me of giratina. Dragon/ground is disappointing. Should be at least part poison.

Last edited by Yuoke; 10-06-2013 at 04:50 AM.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:49 AM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
It's the Z legendary.

Heh, they made a snake legendary and it's not Poison type. They really did it.
Oh it is!? Wow, first Pokemon of this gen that I'll say is truly underwhelming. But then again, so is Goomy. Still looks cool!
I was referring to the name origin though :P. I believe I know it.
So it was found then?
No poison type legendary . Or fully evolved poke barring Skrelp's evo.
It's ability is like Rayquaza's, a counter to Xerneas and Yveltal's.
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned

Last edited by Nedcone; 10-06-2013 at 04:51 AM.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:51 AM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
Well if you think about it, gen 2 had 100 "new" pokemon, 20 of those being either evolutions or preevotlutions to gen 1 pokemon. So the usefullness of megas pretty much equals out, to me at least, having at least as many "new" pokemon as gen 2, maybe even almost gen 4.
I make the distinction that evolutions are at least permanent, whereas the Megas are temporary. I'll give you pre-evolutions though - For the most part, they're just gimmicks.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:52 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedcone View Post
Oh it is!? Wow, first Pokemon of this gen that I'll say is truly underwhelming. But then again, so is Goomy. Still looks cool!
I was referring to the name origin though :P. I believe I know it.
So it was found then?
No poison type legendary . Or fully evolved poke barring Skrelp's evo.
the **** did you say about goomy

name is maybe zygote+asgard? that's my best guess. either way it's based on this

NOPE skrelp's evo is water/dragon ahahaha

also its ability being a straight counter to the box legendaries's is dumb
Old 10-06-2013, 04:55 AM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
the **** did you say about goomy

name is maybe zygote+asgard? that's my best guess. either way it's based on this

NOPE skrelp's evo is water/dragon ahahaha
Oh no, I meant it in a good way! As in, it would appear underwhelming to some, but it's still awesome.

Maybe, especially with the X and Y and dna mega evo symbol aspect they have going on.

Ah yes, the Yggdrasill theory, well, now I suppose it has truly come full circle, another job well done with mythology GF.

SRT
YOU'RE KIDDING ME
WATER/DRAGON
NO
NOOOO
WE HAVE KINGDRA
IT'S A JOKE RIGHT
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned
Old 10-06-2013, 04:56 AM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
also its ability being a straight counter to the box legendaries's is dumb
If what I've read is true, it makes sense then.

The two box representatives representing Creation and Destruction respectively and this thing representing Balance. I think it sounds neat, even if it does mirror RSE
Old 10-06-2013, 04:58 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmis View Post
If what I've read is true, it makes sense then.

The two box representatives representing Creation and Destruction respectively and this thing representing Balance. I think it sounds neat.
i mean yeah i guess it's thematically cool, but it feels really useless. i guess i just like it when legendaries have these game-changing, crazy abilities. makes them feel like a big deal.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:00 AM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

Oh, yeah.

I guess Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza handled this better then
Old 10-06-2013, 05:00 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Mega gardevoir is supposed to represent the current topic of how having a little extra weight is still really beautiful.

As far as the legendary connections, I had a feeling from.the start it would be a similar one to gen 3...with the z legendary being a neutralizer. I really wanted to see the z one actually be truly bad, and xerneas and yveltal both would be against it. Then again, that is more along the lines of gen 5.

Last edited by Yuoke; 10-06-2013 at 05:02 AM.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:01 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

in other news



i guess mewtwo is our first event legendary, heh
Old 10-06-2013, 05:03 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

So once again all three items for the creation trio? Weird, because you could find those in dragon spiral tower.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:03 AM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
in other news



i guess mewtwo is our first event legendary, heh
Reason for recent D/P/P trio event confirmed.
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned
Old 10-06-2013, 05:06 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

Someone should really total up the number of new Pokemon of each type we got this gen. It seems really unbalanced.

Tons of Ghost and Dragon, basically no Poison or Bug.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:09 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
Someone should really total up the number of new Pokemon of each type we got this gen. It seems really unbalanced.

Tons of Ghost and Dragon, basically no Poison or Bug.
Not a big surprise. Gen 2 and 4 were also extremely unbalanced.

On another note, because of the few amount of new pokemon, I am disspointed that we were essentially officislly revealed nearly 70% of them. It is weird that sylveon ended up being the lone new evo to old pokemon. I would have liked at least a few others to actual evos.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:11 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

anyways .

Quote:
Found Mewtwo. Just kinda hanging out in a cave some guy was guarding pre-E4. He gets a cool remix of the battle theme from Gen I.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:12 AM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

GSC: 81 pok?mon (75 without legendaries)
DPPt: 78 pok?mon (64 without legendaries)
XY: 68 pok?mon (66 without legendaries)

Normal - Bunnelby, Diggersby, Fletchling, Furfrou, Helioptile, Heliolisk, Litleo, Pyroar - 8
Fire - Fennekin, Braixen, Delphox, Fletchinder, Talonflame, Litleo, Pyroar - 7
Water - Froakie, Frogadier, Greninja, Clauncher, Clawitzer, Skrelp, Binacle, Barbaracle - 8
Electric - Helioptile, Heliolisk, Dedenne - 3
Grass - Chespin, Quilladin, Chesnaught, Skiddo, Gogoat, Florges, Phantump, Trevenant, Pumpkaboo, Gourgeist -10
Ice - Amaura, Aurorus, Bergmite, Avalugg - 4
Fighting - Chesnaught, Pancham, Pangoro, Hawlucha - 4
Poison - Skrelp-1
Ground - Diggersby, Zygarde - 2
Flying - Fletchling, Fletchinder, Talonflame, Vivillon, Hawlucha, Noibat, Noivern, Yveltal - 8
Psychic - Delphox, Espurr, Meowstic, Inkay, Malamar - 5
Bug - Scatterbug, Spewpa, Vivillon - 3
Rock - Tyrunt, Tyrantrum, Amaura, Aurorus, Binacle, Barbaracle, Carbink - 7
Ghost - Honedge, Doublade, Aegislash, Phantump, Trevenant, Pumpkaboo, Gourgeist - 7
Dragon - Tyrunt, Tyrantrum, Dragalge, Noibat, Noivern, Goomy, Sliggoo, Goodra, Zygarde - 9
Dark - Greninja, Pangoro, Inkay, Malamar, Yveltal - 5
Steel - Honedge, Doublade, Aegislash, Klefki - 4
Fairy - Flab?b?, Floette, Florges, Swirlix, Slurpuff, Spritzee, Aromatisse, Dedenne, Sylveon, Carbink, Klefki, Xerneas - 12

3-stagers: Chespin/Quilladin/Chesnought, Fennekin/Braixen/Delphox, Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja, Fletchling/Fletchinder/Talonflame, Scatterbug/Spewpa/Vivillon, Flab?b?/Floette/Florges, Honedge/Doublade/Aegislash, Goomy/Sliggoo/Goodra - 8 families
2-stagers: Bunnelby/Diggersby, Helioptile/Heliolisk, Litleo/Pyroar, Pancham/Pangoro, Skiddo/Gogoat, Swirlix/Slurpuff, Spritzee/Aromatisse, Clauncher/Clawitzer, Skrelp/Dragalge, Espurr/Meowstic, Inkay/Malamar, Tyrunt/Tyrantrum, Amaura/Aurorus, Binacle/Barbaracle, Phantump/Treverent, Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist, Bergmite/Avalugg, Noibat/Noivern, [Eevee/Sylveon] - 18.5 families
1-stagers: Furfrou, Dedenne, Hawlucha, Carbink, Klefki, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde - 8 Pokemon
VERY UNBALANCED
But such is common among Pokemon games.
See Gen V water types, Gen IV fire types, Gen III ghost types, Gen II steel/dark types, Gen I ghost types
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned
Old 10-06-2013, 05:12 AM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

JUST LIKE MEWTWO TO BE HANGING OUT IN SOME CAVE SOME GUY WAS GUARDING!

Nostalgic, right?
Old 10-06-2013, 05:14 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

CLASSIC MEWTWO

hoping for the pokemon stadium theme for his battle music
Old 10-06-2013, 05:15 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

If I recall, the battle theme in gen 1 was just a slight remix of the regular wild battle theme.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:16 AM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
If I recall, the battle theme in gen 1 was just a slight remix of the regular wild battle theme.
Kanto has to weedle it's way into every gen silly.
And as for its stadium theme, yes, I don't see wynaut
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned
Old 10-06-2013, 05:16 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
If I recall, the battle theme in gen 1 was just a slight remix of the regular wild battle theme.
Nope, legendaries didn't have their own theme in Gen 1. You're thinking of the remakes.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:19 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Oh yea, in frlg and hgss mewtwo's theme was a remix of the wild battle theme. Even still, it wasn't really a unique theme like the mascot legendaries.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:19 AM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default


This train
Has no brakes
ALL ABOARD
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned
Old 10-06-2013, 05:21 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedcone View Post

This train
Has no brakes
ALL ABOARD
The train flies through the air to hoenn.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:21 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default



hope you guys aren't tired of them yet!
Old 10-06-2013, 05:23 AM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post


hope you guys aren't tired of them yet!
They all should have DW abilities to make it somewhat interesting
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned
Old 10-06-2013, 05:24 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Zapdos will have been part of four gens officially then.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:25 AM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Mega Mewtwo Y stats
HP: 99 - 114
Atk: 143 - 158
Def: 70 - 85
SpA: 194 - 209
SpD: 111 - 126
Spe: 140 - 155
HOMINAHOMINAHOMINAHOMINAHOMINA
THAT SPECIAL ATTACK
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned
Old 10-06-2013, 05:26 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

yo the ****

how is that legal

oh wait it won't be
Old 10-06-2013, 05:29 AM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
yo the ****

how is that legal

oh wait it won't be
"Nukes harder than Deoxys-A without having defenses of potato chips."
Good lord
That speed
Those moves
THAT SPECIAL ATTACK
My Chansey is the only thing that can stand up to i- *Psyshock/Psystrike
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned
Old 10-06-2013, 05:33 AM
Holmes's Avatar
Shalashaska
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedcone View Post
Mega Mewtwo Y stats
HP: 99 - 114
Atk: 143 - 158
Def: 70 - 85
SpA: 194 - 209
SpD: 111 - 126
Spe: 140 - 155
HOMINAHOMINAHOMINAHOMINAHOMINA
THAT SPECIAL ATTACK
And people said Mewtwo X was better.
__________________
Last night I cut the light off in my bedroom, hit the switch was in the bed before the room was dark.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:37 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

i want to see this game break

choiced fire/flying dual type special attack in the sun from a lvl 100 mewtwo y shifted to one of those types and with full special attack ivs and evs on a lvl 1 paras with minimum special defense ivs and dry skin
Old 10-06-2013, 05:40 AM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
i want to see this game break

choiced fire/flying dual type special attack in the sun from a lvl 100 mewtwo y shifted to one of those types and with full special attack ivs and evs on a lvl 1 paras with minimum special defense ivs and dry skin
Suddenly the mechanics become Yugioh and you hear the life points dropping and the trainer being affected directly. Then your 3ds begins to overheat and right before your screen shuts off forever you see the message "Paras survived with 1 hp due too focus sash"
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned
Old 10-06-2013, 05:54 AM
gamefan5's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holmes View Post
And people said Mewtwo X was better.
Because it might be a good attacker as well? Doy! We don't even know it's stats yet.
+ It gets a fighting type to benefit phys. moves attack stat. I'm pretty sure it won't be suckish at all.
__________________
FC: 4639-9260-6073
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-2291-3112
Old 10-06-2013, 08:05 AM
J-biz's Avatar  
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: England
Posts: 764
Default

Mewtwo X will just be buffed in Attack, where Mewtwo Y is buffed in SA. The only advantage Mewtwo Y has is that it can use that SA Stat Specially and Physicially with Psystrike.
__________________
If you add me PM me.
AC:NL ~ 4468 - 0957 - 1302 ~ Jack
Old 10-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

Well here's a cohesive list (with pictures) of of the new Pokemon and all the Mega evolutions revealed thus far. Some of the typings are probably subject to change, so don't take everything as fact
Old 10-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Rentaline's Avatar
No Bombs in Nintendoland
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
Mega gardevoir is supposed to represent the current topic of how having a little extra weight is still really beautiful.
; )
Old 10-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Tekka's Avatar
Crimson Wizard
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rustboro City, Hoenn
Posts: 1,258
Default

Really I couldn't have asked for a better mega evolution for my favourite Pok?mon. Maintains a consistent theme with its previous forms and isn't too fanwanky. Love the style of dress they went with too.
__________________
Fantastic, na magic!
Old 10-06-2013, 01:04 PM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Can nidoran be found earlier in the game?

Also, what was that about no fully evolved poison types?

Last edited by Yuoke; 10-06-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:18 PM
Baroque's Avatar
Best Starter Confirmed
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Just West of Weird.
Posts: 9,639
Default

Yuoke (among other people) just ****ed it up for the rest of you. No more linking to spoiler pics in the chat.
__________________
"People some walked I ken" - Logitech
Old 10-06-2013, 01:59 PM
Rentaline's Avatar
No Bombs in Nintendoland
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,745
Default

Saw gaf's outrage thread about the amount of new pokemon. It's way too quick to assume that there aren't anymore because of the pokedex. No one has file dumped yet, so there might be some "undocumented" mons.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentaline View Post
Saw gaf's outrage thread about the amount of new pokemon. It's way too quick to assume that there aren't anymore because of the pokedex. No one has file dumped yet, so there might be some "undocumented" mons.
Yea, but most likely those few amount would probabably be extra legendaries.....probably. I couldn't really see any more than like 5 left at the most. There isn't going to be 100 this gen.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:13 PM
Rentaline's Avatar
No Bombs in Nintendoland
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,745
Default

I'm thinking they can add a quest with access to a new area with new mons as (non-paid) dlc. This way they can release to everyone at once without worries of leaks. Though that's my far out speculation.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

That seems like a decent possibility actually, although then even though not paid, you would be guaranteed to have people calling out gamefreak/nintendo on holding out pokemon just for that, and also theorizing that they are testing the waters.for paid dlc.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:25 PM
Rentaline's Avatar
No Bombs in Nintendoland
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,745
Default

Pls. They've held out on Deoxys for a while in RSE. Though, that's not gonna stop people from whining.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Old 10-06-2013, 03:49 PM
Cheekee's Avatar
Hoenn, Here We Go Again!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sootopolis City, Hoenn
Posts: 279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentaline View Post
I'm thinking they can add a quest with access to a new area with new mons as (non-paid) dlc. This way they can release to everyone at once without worries of leaks. Though that's my far out speculation.
Doing that would continue to keep it interesting.

Also i am not disappointing with the amount of Pokemon as there will be many from other generations joining them in this game.
__________________
"The circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." FC:2793-1663-3683

Last edited by Cheekee; 10-06-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 03:51 PM
NoelX2's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
Thanks, m'lady. *tips fedora*
__________________
FC: 3136-7060-6520
Old 10-06-2013, 04:01 PM
Fr05tE's Avatar  
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 123 Here St.
Posts: 244
Default

I'd already decided this was my favorite gen when they revealed Pangoro, lol. Can't wait. Also, Dragalge is awesome, not as sad about Charizard X now
Old 10-06-2013, 04:29 PM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Vivillon is #666.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:14 PM
Edum Bot's Avatar
Rudeness incarnate
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Umbralis
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
Vivillon is #666.
It's the spawn of satan! MUST.RAISE.ONE.
__________________
3DS FC : 0989-1800-1452
Old 10-06-2013, 06:21 PM
Kinvara's Avatar
Aquatic Admin
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Inkopolis
Posts: 10,562
Default

I like how the infamous #666 is just a butterfly.

(Pretty sure 666 is a meaningless number to the Japanese anyway)
Old 10-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvara View Post
I like how the infamous #666 is just a butterfly.

(Pretty sure 666 is a meaningless number to the Japanese anyway)
It is, I'm pretty sure in japan the number is like 41.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:34 PM
Cheekee's Avatar
Hoenn, Here We Go Again!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sootopolis City, Hoenn
Posts: 279
Default

What are you guys going to use for your flying Pokemon? I can't decide on mine.

Here is What i have so far:
Chespin
Squirtle
Torchic
Tyrunt
__________________
"The circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." FC:2793-1663-3683

Last edited by Cheekee; 10-06-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:35 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentaline View Post
I'm thinking they can add a quest with access to a new area with new mons as (non-paid) dlc. This way they can release to everyone at once without worries of leaks. Though that's my far out speculation.
yeah keep dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
It is, I'm pretty sure in japan the number is like 41.
42. When pronounced as the equivalent of "four two", it's "shi ni", and "shini" is a form of "to die" in Japanese.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:52 PM
NoelX2's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekee View Post
What are you guys going to use for your flying Pokemon? I can't decide on mine.

Here is What i have so far:
Chespin
Squirtle
Torchic
Tyrunt
I am most likely going to use Drifblim.
__________________
FC: 3136-7060-6520
Old 10-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

I really wanted to use bulbasaur, but if I can use nidoran for my poison type then I am for sure. Nidoking is one my favorite pokemon.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Edum Bot's Avatar
Rudeness incarnate
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Umbralis
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
42. When pronounced as the equivalent of "four two", it's "shi ni", and "shini" is a form of "to die" in Japanese.
#42 is...



This can't be a coincidence.
__________________
3DS FC : 0989-1800-1452
Old 10-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Cheekee's Avatar
Hoenn, Here We Go Again!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sootopolis City, Hoenn
Posts: 279
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelX2 View Post
I am most likely going to use Drifblim.
I am so mixed up thinking of different combinations i think i may not get torchic and get charizard instead, or possibly get areodactyl. I just don't know!
__________________
"The circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." FC:2793-1663-3683
Old 10-06-2013, 08:00 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

so everyone can agree that goomy is the best right

Old 10-06-2013, 08:09 PM
Tekka's Avatar
Crimson Wizard
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rustboro City, Hoenn
Posts: 1,258
Default

__________________
Fantastic, na magic!
Old 10-06-2013, 08:13 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

oh my word yes

see i don't give a **** about the number of new pokemon when i get amazing stuff like the goomy line, diggersby and barbaracle

edit: for those curious about where we currently stand


Last edited by SRT; 10-06-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

Can anyone explain to me why Poison/Dragon is such a big deal?

Fairy resistance? Haha
Old 10-06-2013, 08:27 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

poison type fans are conditioned to take whatever they can get
Old 10-06-2013, 08:31 PM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

This is why you should be a water type fan. You're not disappointed every generation~
Old 10-06-2013, 08:33 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

to be totally honest hydration goodra is making me consider making a rain team :I
Old 10-06-2013, 08:38 PM
Edum Bot's Avatar
Rudeness incarnate
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Umbralis
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmis View Post
Can anyone explain to me why Poison/Dragon is such a big deal?

Fairy resistance? Haha
- 1 x fairy
- 1/2 x fighting, poison, fire, bug, electric and water
- 1/4 x grass
- 2 x psychic, ground, ice and dragon

I think, that's nice.
__________________
3DS FC : 0989-1800-1452
Old 10-06-2013, 08:42 PM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

Being weak to ground is not a nice thing. Poison STAB is also useless
Old 10-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Edum Bot's Avatar
Rudeness incarnate
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Umbralis
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmis View Post
Being weak to ground is not a nice thing. Poison STAB is also useless
We're getting fairy types now. Fairies are weak to poison. And fairies facerape dragons, which are popular. Sent in Ninjask or Blaziken, use Baton Pass and shoop da woop da poison man.
__________________
3DS FC : 0989-1800-1452
Old 10-06-2013, 08:49 PM
NoelX2's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 307
Default

I really don't want to do the Dream World stuff for abilities.

Bleh.
__________________
FC: 3136-7060-6520

Last edited by NoelX2; 10-06-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:56 PM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edum Bot View Post
We're getting fairy types now. Fairies are weak to poison. And fairies facerape dragons, which are popular. Sent in Ninjask or Blaziken, use Baton Pass and shoop da woop da poison man.
I don't believe any of the Fairy types we've seen so far constitute so much a threat, that we require Poison-type moves to beat 'em. Maybe two of them are potentially good, but that's a terrible low number, and there are other methods of damage-dealing.

Plus, once they're taken out, Poison does nothing to harm much else. My point, pretty much, is that Poison is more or less the same this generation.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:57 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

To be totally honest, I'm not ever sure what Poison would need to become anywhere near decent. A decent base power move? Poison-type weather? I have no clue.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:00 PM
Edum Bot's Avatar
Rudeness incarnate
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Umbralis
Posts: 848
Default

Almost all poison type moves can poison you. I also heard of a new posion-type move that lowers the enemy stats, if it's poisoned (supposed to be learned by seviper early on). Combine that with venom shock and/or toxic spikes.

I liek this! Poison is better than ever. You can't deny that.
__________________
3DS FC : 0989-1800-1452
Old 10-06-2013, 09:01 PM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

Poison types generally rely on poisoning opposing Pokemon, so the idea is to outlast Pokemon. Problem is, we have two types that completely resist poisoning, and the fact that Poison weaknesses are far too common (Ground and Psychic in particular).

A more diverse movepool would definitely help. Also establishing Fairy-Type as a legitimate threat would be nice.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:03 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

wait i just realized that rest/hydration goodra won't be as viable due to the VERY WEATHER NERFS I REQUESTED

the irony
Old 10-06-2013, 10:03 PM
Rentaline's Avatar
No Bombs in Nintendoland
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,745
Default

Everyone gonna name their diggerbys Rick Ross? Or ******sby?
Old 10-06-2013, 10:04 PM
Tekka's Avatar
Crimson Wizard
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rustboro City, Hoenn
Posts: 1,258
Default

I'm naming mine Watts.
__________________
Fantastic, na magic!
Old 10-06-2013, 10:20 PM
gamefan5's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,979
Default

Poison isn't meant for attack, but it is meant for defense. Hence why most poison type pokemon are actually good defensively.

When used defensively, the Poison type is considered one of the best in the game. This is because of its ability to block or cause status ailments and resist common moves. Its obvious weakness, Earthquake, can be mitigated by the variety of dual-type Grass and Bug/Poison Pok?mon, as well as the Zubat family's Flying type and the Gastly and Koffing families' Levitate. Additionally, the Poison type resists itself, Bug, Fighting, and Grass, giving it resistances to common moves such as Grass Knot, X-Scissor, and Close Combat. Moreover, Poison types tend to hold potent status and support moves, such as Toxic Spikes, and Toxic. Immune to Poison and Toxic Spikes themselves, they have an opportunity to absorb status effects as well.

That snippet was from bulbapedia, I agree with it. Poison is best used dual typed and in competition it can be a rather good type for stalling teams.


Poison moves are not very effective on Poison, Rock, Ghost, or Ground, and are completely ineffective against Steel. Hence, resistances to the Poison type are far more common than weaknesses to it.

However, what Pimmis is saying is right, poison is not meant to kill and sweep, and it kinda cripples it. The only reason would would ever want to use poison moves is either for entry hazard, STAB (even that is risky), or use toxic. (Badly poison status is one of the best status in the game)

As for countering fairies, I see more reliability in using steel pok?mon instead as far as we know.
__________________
FC: 4639-9260-6073
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-2291-3112

Last edited by gamefan5; 10-06-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:59 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default



OH MAN GUYS LOOKS LIKE WE WERE ALL RUSED
Old 10-06-2013, 11:35 PM
Tekka's Avatar
Crimson Wizard
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rustboro City, Hoenn
Posts: 1,258
Default

Oh noes. My mega shinkaaaaa!
__________________
Fantastic, na magic!
Old 10-06-2013, 11:51 PM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmis View Post
This is why you should be a water type fan. You're not disappointed every generation~
I kind of was in gen 5.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:54 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default



creepy
Old 10-07-2013, 12:00 AM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
I kind of was in gen 5.
Key word was "every" generation
Old 10-07-2013, 12:01 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post


creepy
Relevant.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:33 AM
sonic the frog's Avatar
Blueish-Bomberish
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,436
Default

__________________
Diggersby tho
Old 10-07-2013, 01:37 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic the frog View Post
Demon girl straight from a nightmare, look at her eyes.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:42 AM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

I bet she's really a Zoroark
Old 10-07-2013, 02:30 AM
sonic the frog's Avatar
Blueish-Bomberish
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,436
Default

Punk'd
__________________
Diggersby tho
Old 10-07-2013, 02:32 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

la da di da di

we like to party
Old 10-07-2013, 02:42 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmis View Post
Also establishing Fairy-Type as a legitimate threat would be nice.
how's this

Old 10-07-2013, 02:47 AM
Rentaline's Avatar
No Bombs in Nintendoland
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,745
Default

God do I love goomy.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:50 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Togepi as a pure fairy makes as much sense as any pokemon. Well....besides clefairy.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:50 AM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

Celebi would make sense as a Fairy type. Anyone check that yet?
Old 10-07-2013, 02:53 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmis View Post
Celebi would make sense as a Fairy type. Anyone check that yet?
we'll get back to you on that in december
Old 10-07-2013, 03:01 AM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
we'll get back to you on that in december
So is it impossible to transfer it over? Or...?
Old 10-07-2013, 03:02 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmis View Post
So is it impossible to transfer it over? Or...?
Can't transfer it over until Pokemon Bank releases.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:02 AM
sonic the frog's Avatar
Blueish-Bomberish
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,436
Default

#FightThePower
__________________
Diggersby tho
Old 10-07-2013, 03:04 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic the frog View Post
#FightThePower
Old 10-07-2013, 03:07 AM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
Can't transfer it over until Pokemon Bank releases.
Seriously? Pokebank is the only means of transferring Pokemon? Laaaaaaaame
Old 10-07-2013, 03:07 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmis View Post
Seriously? Pokebank is the only means of transferring Pokemon? Laaaaaaaame
Yup. We won't know anything about unobtainables until then.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:15 AM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default


"Goomy used Dragon dance!"
(Yes it has been confirmed that it learns it)
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned
Old 10-07-2013, 03:17 AM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

What are Goodra base stats like?

Considering it has yet to be compared to something like Garchomp or Salamence makes me think no information is available or that it's basically a monotype Dragonite
Old 10-07-2013, 03:18 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default



obviously not really a great way to determine base stats but it's something
Old 10-07-2013, 03:21 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

The bettwr question is why it isn't water/dragon?
Old 10-07-2013, 03:39 AM
gamefan5's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekka View Post
Damn, like a true pimp. Definitely naming it, "Rick Ross"
__________________
FC: 4639-9260-6073
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-2291-3112
Old 10-07-2013, 03:39 AM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmis View Post
What are Goodra base stats like?

Considering it has yet to be compared to something like Garchomp or Salamence makes me think no information is available or that it's basically a monotype Dragonite
Me and a few other Smogonites averaged it around 80/90/75/115/150/85
It can be compared as that combined is 600 BST, same as Garchomp and Dragonite and Salamence. Basically, it's the next Psuedo-legendary. Decent hp, good sp atk, godly sp defense. I'm finding a pattern in this generation for being more stall oriented (Coincidentally in the same gen megas are introduced) and in the stall orientation towards special defense. Look at all of the Pokemon revealed and you'll see.
But yeah, that's about it Pimmis!
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned

Last edited by Nedcone; 10-07-2013 at 03:42 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:43 AM
sonic the frog's Avatar
Blueish-Bomberish
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedcone View Post
Me and a few other Smogonites averaged it around 80/90/75/115/150/85
It can be compared as that combined is 600 BST, same as Garchomp and Dragonite and Salamence. Basically, it's the next Psuedo-legendary. Decent hp, good sp atk, godly sp defense. I'm finding a pattern in this generation for being more stall oriented (Coincidentally in the same gen megas are introduced) and in the stall orientation towards special defense. Look at all of the Pokemon revealed and you'll see.
But yeah, that's about it Pimmis!
The Gen looks more offensive IMO with Megas
__________________
Diggersby tho
Old 10-07-2013, 03:53 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Gen 3 will still always be the best overall defensively.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:13 AM
Rentaline's Avatar
No Bombs in Nintendoland
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,745
Default

those nutty gaffers

Old 10-07-2013, 05:24 AM
Edum Bot's Avatar
Rudeness incarnate
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Umbralis
Posts: 848
Default

I wonder, if the bulbasaur line learns better moves for a playthrough this time or at least 1 offensive poison-type move without having to use a TM.
__________________
3DS FC : 0989-1800-1452
Old 10-07-2013, 05:26 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edum Bot View Post
I wonder, if the bulbasaur line learns better moves for a playthrough this time or at least 1 offensive poison-type move without having to use a TM.
The new poison move called Venoblade. 290 BP and has a 103% chance of poisoning.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:00 AM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

Wow 103%?

That's broken
Old 10-07-2013, 07:14 AM
callmeJackz's Avatar
SKG (Swag King General)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,883
Default

Get hype!!! Choose your starter (and by starter I mean Froakie)

__________________
DON'T! Stop me nooowww~
Old 10-07-2013, 07:29 AM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

Team is looking to be

Greninja
Aurorus
Goodra
Talonflame
Aegislash
Pangoro

Unfortunately a fairly limited selection :I
Old 10-07-2013, 07:53 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Greninja, Hawlucha, Gourgeist, Pyroar, Tyrantrum, Nidoking.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:02 AM
callmeJackz's Avatar
SKG (Swag King General)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,883
Default

So far mine is

Greninja
Charizard
Hawlucha
Tyrantrum
Aurorus
Volcarona
__________________
DON'T! Stop me nooowww~
Old 10-07-2013, 08:04 AM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeJackz View Post
So far mine is

Greninja
Charizard
Hawlucha
Tyrantrum
Aurorus
Volcarona
Two fire types, two flying, two rock...nah man...
Old 10-07-2013, 08:26 AM
callmeJackz's Avatar
SKG (Swag King General)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,883
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
Two fire types, two flying, two rock...nah man...
That's for the single player and post game though
__________________
DON'T! Stop me nooowww~
Old 10-07-2013, 12:06 PM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Chesnaught
Klefki
Blastoise
Aegislash
Aerodactyl
Avalugg
(All are subject to change save Chesnaught, Klefki, and Aegislash)

"There is said to be a legend. A legend of a man who had such a fiery soul, that he could brave through even the best of fire types."
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned
Old 10-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Rentaline's Avatar
No Bombs in Nintendoland
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 3,745
Default

all the way

Old 10-07-2013, 01:58 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

how am i supposed to choose a fighting type?

i like blaziken, pangoro and hawlucha :(
Old 10-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Cheekee's Avatar
Hoenn, Here We Go Again!
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sootopolis City, Hoenn
Posts: 279
Default

Okay I have Decided, my team:

Chesnaught
Charizard
Tyrantrum
Aegislash
Gyaradoes
Xerneas

Don't typically use legendaries but will in this game as it will be my first playthrough, i might not use it but it depends on what else i find.
__________________
"The circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." FC:2793-1663-3683
Old 10-07-2013, 02:21 PM
callmeJackz's Avatar
SKG (Swag King General)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,883
Default

Enjoy your peasant grass type!
__________________
DON'T! Stop me nooowww~
Old 10-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
how am i supposed to choose a fighting type?

i like blaziken, pangoro and hawlucha
Well if you are using greninja, you can eliminate pangoro.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:37 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default



evidently i can strike him off my list for several reasons
Old 10-07-2013, 02:38 PM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post


evidently i can strike him off my list for several reasons
Wow......ew those stats. Won't be replacing ursaring any tine soon as the powerhouse bear.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:41 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

and he's so cool looking too :(

things are looking good for hawlucha. single stage has me worried, though
Old 10-07-2013, 02:46 PM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
and he's so cool looking too

things are looking good for hawlucha. single stage has me worried, though
Farfetch'd part two. I hope its typing isn't too goos to be true.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:49 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

do we have base stat estimates for hawlucha?
Old 10-07-2013, 05:19 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

double posting because i can



and because this move description is worth it
Old 10-07-2013, 05:24 PM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
double posting because i can



and because this move description is worth it
Okay guys, I'm done, that's it. No ability can be topped. That's a lock officially for my team now.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:26 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

i want fanart of pumpkaboo using trick-or-treat on goomy

or i will just have to make it myself
Old 10-07-2013, 05:43 PM
gamefan5's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,979
Default

I like the fact that it says, it "adds" Ghost type to the target.
What about those that are dual typed? Is one of the 2 types randomly replaced? Or it gets a triple typing? LOL

I see this attack failing against Arceus due to it's ability.
__________________
FC: 4639-9260-6073
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-2291-3112
Old 10-07-2013, 05:45 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

i'd imagine it functions the same way soak already does
Old 10-07-2013, 07:20 PM
Edum Bot's Avatar
Rudeness incarnate
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Umbralis
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
i'd imagine it functions the same way soak already does
Doesn't soak change the target's type to mono water?


Hmm...Trick-Or-Treat sounds like it'll change the 2nd type to ghost so skarmory would become a Steel/Ghost.

Oh god, all the birds would become Normal/Ghost. Epic.
__________________
3DS FC : 0989-1800-1452
Old 10-07-2013, 07:49 PM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

What if it permanently changed a pokemon's type?

Added after 10 minutes:



Blegh, never would use.

Last edited by Yuoke; 10-07-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:02 PM
Edum Bot's Avatar
Rudeness incarnate
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Umbralis
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
What if it permanently changed a pokemon's type?

Added after 10 minutes:



Blegh, never would use.
Meh. For some reason, every one of those birds after Starly sucks.
__________________
3DS FC : 0989-1800-1452
Old 10-07-2013, 08:25 PM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edum Bot View Post
Meh. For some reason, every one of those birds after Starly sucks.
Well braviary was good, but other than that, most bird pokemon are not good.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Edum Bot's Avatar
Rudeness incarnate
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Umbralis
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
Well braviary was good, but other than that, most bird pokemon are not good.
By birds I meant the bird-types, which you can always catch very early on.
__________________
3DS FC : 0989-1800-1452
Old 10-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Yuoke's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 12,541
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edum Bot View Post
By birds I meant the bird-types, which you can always catch very early on.
Oh well then yea for sure, unfezant and talonflame.can't lay. Finger on staraptor.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:46 PM
sonic260's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Terca Lumireis
Posts: 760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
double posting because i can



and because this move description is worth it
So they just drop the battle to go hunting for candy? XD
__________________
"Ideas are only stupid if they fail. And ideas fail once they have been given up on.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:56 PM
Holmes's Avatar
Shalashaska
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,561
Default

THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED BECAUSE OBAMA DOESN'T WANT US TO PLAY POKEMON.
__________________
Last night I cut the light off in my bedroom, hit the switch was in the bed before the room was dark.

Last edited by Holmes; 10-07-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:43 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default



welp
Old 10-07-2013, 11:27 PM
sonic the frog's Avatar
Blueish-Bomberish
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,436
Default


__________________
Diggersby tho
Old 10-08-2013, 12:53 AM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post


welp
Evidently, this is reflective of all three Pokemon of its evolutionary stage.
The pole/elongated object at the top of its head is representative of Larvitar, the first stage.
The patterns on its body is representative of Pupitar, the second stage.
And, obviously, the base body structure and I believe colours are based off of Tyranitar.
As well as other original aspects.
Good job Gamefreak.
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned
Old 10-08-2013, 01:08 AM
gamefan5's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edum Bot View Post
By birds I meant the bird-types, which you can always catch very early on.
But... There aren't any bird type... Except in gen one.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bird_(type)#Bird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedcone View Post
Evidently, this is reflective of all three Pokemon of its evolutionary stage.
The pole/elongated object at the top of its head is representative of Larvitar, the first stage.
The patterns on its body is representative of Pupitar, the second stage.
And, obviously, the base body structure and I believe colours are based off of Tyranitar.
As well as other original aspects.
Good job Gamefreak.
Hmm... Looks like a... Mega evo

From Colors 3D!

Beautiful artwork.
__________________
FC: 4639-9260-6073
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-2291-3112

Last edited by gamefan5; 10-08-2013 at 01:31 AM.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:06 AM
Kinvara's Avatar
Aquatic Admin
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Inkopolis
Posts: 10,562
Default

Spoiler!
Old 10-08-2013, 02:14 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default



uh oh

i mean, these are only balloons at the moment, but there's no reason to believe they would create mega forms just so they could be used in super training as targets
Old 10-08-2013, 02:22 AM
Smeaxy's Avatar
Master Pokemans
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
-ermagerdbaloonz-

uh oh

i mean, these are only balloons at the moment, but there's no reason to believe they would create mega forms just so they could be used in super training as targets
This is one of the EV training minigames right?

Also has any sort of VS seeker been confirmed?
__________________
Add for Animal Crossing :P
3DS FC: 2793-1081-4203
Old 10-08-2013, 02:36 AM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

yeah, it's part of EV training (super training)

sadly, nobody's confirmed rematches of any sort yet. no trainers, no gym leaders, no elite 4...

i really hope they're just missing something, but...