Nintendo 3DS Forums

Introduce Yourself Who are you? Introduce yourself to the community so we can get to know you.

Hi everyone!
Old 09-29-2014, 05:50 AM
Budew's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: United States of America
Posts: 5
Default Hi everyone!

I've been looking for a forum where I can discuss the things I like, so I figured I'd start with 3DS since it's pretty much my only video game console. My most played game is Animal Crossing: New Leaf, followed by Monster Hunter 3U, then Pokemon X. I also really enjoy playing Fire Emblem Awakening, Shin Megami Tensei IV and Etrian Odyssey IV!

I'm gonna continue looking for other forums that pertain to my interests, however, I think I found my place here regarding video games.
Some of my other interests are jazz, aquariums, history, stand-up comedy, art, and vintage/antiques. So if you know any good ones, please let me know!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Budew; 09-29-2014 at 05:56 AM.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:52 AM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budew View Post
I'm gonna continue looking for other forums that pertain to my interests, however, I think I found my place here regarding video games.
We don't often post threads on video games unrelated to the 3DS, which is pretty depressing for me, but we do discuss some games in our forum ChatBox which you can access once you obtain a certain amount of posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budew View Post
Some of my other interests are jazz, aquariums, history, stand-up comedy, art, and vintage/antiques. So if you know any good ones, please let me know!
This is cool. Any particular type of jazz? I listen to some Bill Evans occasionally. Also like Thelonious Monk, Charles Mingus, and some Dexter Gordon.

I can also dig jazz-hop like stuff released from Hyde-Out Productions.

Anyway this ain't my intro thread, so welcome and hope you find some friends here!
Old 09-29-2014, 04:49 PM
DKTD's Avatar
Half Elf Half Dragon!
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Darkside of Hyrule
Posts: 423
Default

Welcome to the 3DS Forums Family. Hope ye have fun while ye is here.
__________________
NNID: TommyDragoon Rip - The Ultimate Warrior 1959-2014
Winning is only an Illusion, Losing is Reality!
Old 09-29-2014, 06:26 PM
Baroque's Avatar
Best Starter Confirmed
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Just West of Weird.
Posts: 9,639
Default

The grim reaper has struck again.
__________________
"People some walked I ken" - Logitech
Old 09-29-2014, 06:27 PM
Baroque's Avatar
Best Starter Confirmed
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Just West of Weird.
Posts: 9,639
Default

And welcome to the forums.
__________________
"People some walked I ken" - Logitech
Old 09-30-2014, 12:40 AM
Chaotix's Avatar
3DS e-shop specialist.
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Jose CA
Posts: 1,406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
The grim reaper has struck again.


Damn it.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:30 AM
Kikae's Avatar
Evo participant
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: United....
Posts: 507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budew View Post
I've been looking for a forum where I can discuss the things I like, so I figured I'd start with 3DS since it's pretty much my only video game console. My most played game is Animal Crossing: New Leaf, followed by Monster Hunter 3U, then Pokemon X. I also really enjoy playing Fire Emblem Awakening, Shin Megami Tensei IV and Etrian Odyssey IV!

I'm gonna continue looking for other forums that pertain to my interests, however, I think I found my place here regarding video games.
Some of my other interests are jazz, aquariums, history, stand-up comedy, art, and vintage/antiques. So if you know any good ones, please let me know!
Many of use talk about pretty much the games you've mention. And Jazz? I'm always down for some Breezin - George Benson
__________________
Graduates of our educational system are virtually incapable of abstract thought~
Twitch:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:47 PM
Budew's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: United States of America
Posts: 5
Default

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
This is cool. Any particular type of jazz? I listen to some Bill Evans occasionally. Also like Thelonious Monk, Charles Mingus, and some Dexter Gordon. I can also dig jazz-hop like stuff released from Hyde-Out Productions.
That's great! I've been listening to a lot of Bill Evans recently. Also some Coltrane and Miles Davis, as well as some Afro-Caribbean stuff like Tito Puente and Brazilian Bossa Nova. I'd love to hear some jazz-hop, the only thing related to Hyde-Out Productions I've heard is probably Nujabes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man Zero View Post
Many of use talk about pretty much the games you've mention. And Jazz? I'm always down for some Breezin - George Benson
Hah, yeah, I hear they're pretty popular 3DS games. I think my main concern when I purchase a game is how many hours I'll be able to get out of it. I like games that allow you to choose from a variety of approaches (stat distribution & skill trees).
I can't say I've listened to George Benson yet, but I'll definitely check out Breezin'.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:38 PM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default



Personal favorite Benson
Old 09-30-2014, 11:02 PM
Nedcone's Avatar
Alea iacta est
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: I'm wherever you are
Posts: 1,199
Default

Is there a Jazz thread? Would love suggestions.

Also welcome to the forums Budew, hope you become a regular ^_^
__________________
Because you can't have a cone without a little Ned
Old 09-30-2014, 11:28 PM
Kikae's Avatar
Evo participant
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: United....
Posts: 507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumy View Post


Personal favorite Benson
In my High School we used to play this song for Jazz Class
__________________
Graduates of our educational system are virtually incapable of abstract thought~
Twitch:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.