Nintendo 3DS Forums
Go Back   Nintendo 3DS Forums > Gaming > General Gaming

General Gaming Want to talk about games or game consoles besides the Nintendo 3DS? This is the perfect place for that!

Man hate-buys Rosalina & Luma amiibo in bulk so fans can't have them
Old 01-12-2015, 01:58 AM
Kinvara's Avatar
Aquatic Admin
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Inkopolis
Posts: 10,562
Default Man hate-buys Rosalina & Luma amiibo in bulk so fans can't have them

Man hate-buys Rosalina & Luma amiibo in bulk so fans can't have them

Quote:
As with any collector craze, amiibo are being hit hard by the resell market -- a group of people that buy as many as possible only to flip them for a substantial profit. Most see it purely as business, but one man's driven by a personal vendetta with regard to one of the figurines.

In an interview with Nintendo Nuggets, a collector of vintage Nintendo items who goes by both "Daily Dose" and "Mariotehplumber" revealed that he's pre-ordered more than a hundred Rosalina & Luma amiibo -- all because he really, really dislikes the character. "I do not appreciate Rosalina appearing in almost every recent Mario game to date. The fact Nintendo promotes her so much and people praise her is just disgusting," he said.

Daily Dose continued "I hate her fans, too. I know for a fact her amiibo will be among one of the most popular, which is why I took the time to wait and pre-order over 100 of her. I do not want her fans to be happy... It just crushes me Nintendo from the good days went to this **** for character designs."

While it seems excessive, it's just a fraction of the amount of money Daily Dose claims to have committed to amiibo. He says that he has already spent more than $4,000, and that he has an additional $35,000 to invest on the figurines. Of those funds, he states that he intends to spend heavily on Lucina, Palutena, Robin, and Zero Suit Samus -- all out of a similar hatred and disdain that he has for Rosalina.
I can think of so many better ways to waste $35,000.

Don't buy from scalpers.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:10 AM
Jex's Avatar
Jex Jex is offline
Master Transmutter
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,735
Default

while i dont care much about rosalina, it will suck if he actually ruins robin, lucina, and ZSS. man ppl just suck
__________________
Endure.......Take over....
Old 01-12-2015, 02:14 AM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

Wow SRT, learn to share! And stop being tsundere to female Nintendo characters
Old 01-12-2015, 02:24 AM
Noddles's Avatar
Touch Miles
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SC
Posts: 3,710
Default

It's because they have the hentai look, and the interview was deleted. I'm sad.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:12 AM
Kinvara's Avatar
Aquatic Admin
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Inkopolis
Posts: 10,562
Default

I just find it fascinating that a person like this even exists.

Also, he was banned from neogaf lol: http://neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=499675
Old 01-12-2015, 03:37 AM
HotelSoap!'s Avatar
I wonder if that bar's still around
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ice Cream
Posts: 967
Default

it does sound like SRT
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid." <コ:彡

Last edited by HotelSoap!; 01-12-2015 at 03:47 AM.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:09 AM
Mactire's Avatar  
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 650
Default

I've read it yesterday and made me frown. If this is true, how old is that dude? Five?
I do have to look them up now, I have yet to see Nintendo's first hentai or xxx release. Save BMX XXX for the Gamecube.
__________________
"You love that plant" -"Yes, it's my best friend"
Old 01-12-2015, 07:14 AM
Zuper's Avatar
Ready For Adventure!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Convict Dumping Ground
Posts: 4,183
Default

lol i love this

The best thing about it is he's well within his rights and has done nothing wrong
__________________
:>
Old 01-12-2015, 07:59 AM
Scizor's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,314
Default

I'm inspired by the fact that this guy is willing to invest $35‚000 in cheap plastic figurines.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:18 PM
Mactire's Avatar  
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 650
Default

I looked up the Rosalina figure. But I fail to see the hentai aspect of it.
Or she must be wearing nothing underneath that dress.

In that case I have the faint suspicion that the guy is buying a lot of them to have her all to himself.
And because buying so many of one figurine saying you hate her makes a little sense. At leatst people wont hold him for a perv. ^_^
__________________
"You love that plant" -"Yes, it's my best friend"
Old 01-12-2015, 07:37 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuper View Post
lol i love this

The best thing about it is he's well within his rights and has done nothing wrong
you don't have to do anything illegal to be a ****ty person

the fact that you're defending scalping is kinda gross tbh
Old 01-12-2015, 07:59 PM
eha081's Avatar
Duck
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Here
Posts: 348
Default

The fact that anyone would spend that much money simply because they don't like a fictional character is just sad.
__________________
Hey. Hey, you. Yeah, you over there. Have you, like... got any grapes?
Old 01-12-2015, 10:08 PM
banjo3dsie's Avatar
No one is safe
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Everywhere and No where
Posts: 4,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuper View Post
lol i love this

The best thing about it is he's well within his rights and has done nothing wrong
Yes, because buying 100s of a product for the sole reason of being a ****ty human being and dissapointing fans is "nothing wrong"

smh
__________________
Always buy the game first to see if you will enjoy the demo.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:11 PM
Kinvara's Avatar
Aquatic Admin
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Inkopolis
Posts: 10,562
Default

It's not like what he's doing is illegal but it's still crappy.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:05 PM
Scizor's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
you don't have to do anything illegal to be a ****ty person

the fact that you're defending scalping is kinda gross tbh
I have a problem with scalping when it's something like concert or sporting event tickets. Those are services that may only occur once in an area and have a very limited number of seats available. Amiibos are a product that can and will be easily replicated. Maybe I'm wrong about how much Nintendo can analyze their sales but it seems to me that this guy buying a ton of Rosalina figures would just show that there's more demand for her. So temporarily there will be a shortage and the price will increase, but nobody's missing out like they would with the example of ticket scalping.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:15 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scizor View Post
I have a problem with scalping when it's something like concert or sporting event tickets. Those are services that may only occur once in an area and have a very limited number of seats available. Amiibos are a product that can and will be easily replicated. Maybe I'm wrong about how much Nintendo can analyze their sales but it seems to me that this guy buying a ton of Rosalina figures would just show that there's more demand for her. So temporarily there will be a shortage and the price will increase, but nobody's missing out like they would with the example of ticket scalping.
uhhh... have you been paying attention to the amiibo situation? or anything nintendo? them not doing reprints despite demand has been a huge problem with them for years

and even if they did reprint it, as if that would justify this in the first place, lmao. get out of here with that.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:22 PM
Rich's Avatar
I like drum and bass
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 409
Default

Surprised he's not hating on Peach too. I feel like if the Ice Climbers were still around, Popo would be good but he would hate on Nana.
__________________
Currently playing: Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, Story of Seasons, Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright, RF4.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:29 PM
Zuper's Avatar
Ready For Adventure!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Convict Dumping Ground
Posts: 4,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo3dsie View Post
Yes, because buying 100s of a product for the sole reason of being a ****ty human being and dissapointing fans is "nothing wrong"

smh
They're plastic toys.
__________________
:>
Old 01-12-2015, 11:29 PM
Lumy's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,486
Default

That's because the Peach Amiibo is a miracle of the universe
Old 01-12-2015, 11:31 PM
Scizor's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
uhhh... have you been paying attention to the amiibo situation? or anything nintendo? them not doing reprints despite demand has been a huge problem with them for years

and even if they did reprint it, as if that would justify this in the first place, lmao. get out of here with that.
I'm not justifying his actions, just defending his freedom to do so. I think it's pretty selfish and childish. I don't know how bad this amiibo situation is, but Nintendo is definitely to blame for being incompetent enough that one guy can upset so many fans just by purchasing Nintendo products.
Old 01-12-2015, 11:32 PM
Zuper's Avatar
Ready For Adventure!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Convict Dumping Ground
Posts: 4,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
you don't have to do anything illegal to be a ****ty person

the fact that you're defending scalping is kinda gross tbh
You have to hurt another human being to be a crappy person. They're plastic toys.

Also I'm not defending anything. This guy is pretty irrational yeah, but I really can't have a moral qualm with his actions when there are actual problems in the world. I just find it funny.
__________________
:>
Old 01-12-2015, 11:32 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scizor View Post
I'm not justifying his actions, just defending his freedom to do so. I think it's pretty selfish and childish. I don't know how bad this amiibo situation is, but Nintendo is definitely at blame for being incompetent enough that one guy can upset so many fans just by purchasing Nintendo products.
i don't disagree that target and nintendo are at fault for how they're handling the situation

but the guy is real scummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuper View Post
when there are actual problems in the world. I just find it funny.
lmao what is this

god are you really gonna pull this

man, you're better than this. c'mon
Old 01-12-2015, 11:38 PM
Zuper's Avatar
Ready For Adventure!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Convict Dumping Ground
Posts: 4,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post

lmao what is this

god are you really gonna pull this

man, you're better than this. c'mon
...?

I just can't get mad at this on a moral level, what are you so flabbergasted by? They're plastic toys.
__________________
:>
Old 01-12-2015, 11:44 PM
SRT's Avatar
SRT SRT is offline
Always looking for his package
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuper View Post
...?

I just can't get mad at this on a moral level, what are you so flabbergasted by? They're plastic toys.
if you don't care about them then whatever, that's totally fine

but "they're just so-and-so! there are more important issues in the world" is literally a non-argument. he is doing a thing that is upsetting people (with the explicit intent of spiting people) to make a quick buck. some of them are children. some of them are adult fans. that is a bad thing. i'm not sure how you can twist that into anything else.

if you were at a restaurant and i ordered all the food they had and tried to sell it to you for twice the price, you would be upset. it's not the end of the world for sure, but you would rightfully be angry at me, and i would be a scummy person.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:01 AM
banjo3dsie's Avatar
No one is safe
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Everywhere and No where
Posts: 4,493
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuper View Post
They're plastic toys.
This changes nothing. Someone is doing something ****ty for the purpose of disappointing tons of fans. Just because they are "plastic toys" does not make it any less of a terrible thing to do.
__________________
Always buy the game first to see if you will enjoy the demo.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:02 AM
Zuper's Avatar
Ready For Adventure!
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Convict Dumping Ground
Posts: 4,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT View Post
if you don't care about them then whatever, that's totally fine

but "they're just so-and-so! there are more important issues in the world" is literally a non-argument. he is doing a thing that is upsetting people (with the explicit intent of spiting people) to make a quick buck. some of them are children. some of them are adult fans. that is a bad thing. i'm not sure how you can twist that into anything else.

if you were at a restaurant and i ordered all the food they had and tried to sell it to you for twice the price, you would be upset. it's not the end of the world for sure, but you would rightfully be angry at me, and i would be a scummy person.
This guy is trying to be a jerk, but I can't make a sweeping condemnation of him because the worst he has done is prevent the acquisition of a plastic toy. As a result I just find this guy's silly behaviour funny. Maybe if this silly face was preventing someone from eating at a resturaunt or making someone be late for something or inconveniencing anyone in a real way I would care but all I can do is find the lengths this guy has gone to to be silly and funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo3dsie View Post
This changes nothing. Someone is doing something ****ty for the purpose of disappointing tons of fans. Just because they are "plastic toys" does not make it any less of a terrible thing to do.
That's exactly what it means.
__________________
:>
Old 09-27-2015, 11:43 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 6
Default

That is some 4chan-level trolling on this guy's part. Too funny haha