Nintendo 3DS Forums

Pok?mon 3DS Games General Discuss Pok?mon X and Y as well as other 3DS Pok?mon games.

Pokemon Picross
Old 03-27-2016, 02:06 AM
Kinvara's Avatar
Aquatic Admin
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Inkopolis
Posts: 10,562
Default Pokemon Picross

The third in a series of the Pokemon "free to play" games that have been released for the 3DS.

I honestly have never played a picross game until now and I'm glad I got to try picross out via this free game.

I really enjoy it and I think I might go ahead and buy the 5000 picrites ($30) so that I no longer have to deal with the picrite nonsense and can play as much as I want to.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:36 AM
Calman's Avatar
Scrub of the year.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvara View Post
The third in a series of the Pokemon "free to play" games that have been released for the 3DS.

I honestly have never played a picross game until now and I'm glad I got to try picross out via this free game.

I really enjoy it and I think I might go ahead and buy the 5000 picrites ($30) so that I no longer have to deal with the picrite nonsense and can play as much as I want to.
I've been a huge fan of Picross ever since I decided to buy Picross e on the eShop, and Pokemon Picross is more of the same; however, the model is very overpriced. I'd recommend to just buy one of the many Picross games on the eShop currently. They're all cheaper and have just as much content. I'm persevering through the game as if it was free and it's a lengthy wait between unlocking areas, but I've got into a routine now so it doesn't feel too much like a drag.
__________________
Follow me on Miiverse:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:48 PM
Joba's Avatar
Question Authority
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,212
Default

I started playing this just today, it's pretty fun and a good time-sink. But not being able to use full button controls is very irritating, like whenever you get back to the menu it tells you to use the stylus, and even then sometimes it wants button presses randomly...
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:35 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1
Default

Hi . im new to the game i played ORAS , i need smeargle , pls help dont know how to get one
Old 04-01-2016, 02:52 PM
Kinvara's Avatar
Aquatic Admin
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Inkopolis
Posts: 10,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calman View Post
I've been a huge fan of Picross ever since I decided to buy Picross e on the eShop, and Pokemon Picross is more of the same; however, the model is very overpriced. I'd recommend to just buy one of the many Picross games on the eShop currently. They're all cheaper and have just as much content. I'm persevering through the game as if it was free and it's a lengthy wait between unlocking areas, but I've got into a routine now so it doesn't feel too much like a drag.
I'll take your word for it but I do like the pokemon gimmick in this game.

I saw that there were 6 up on the eshop.

I've been meaning to pick up Picross DS and Picross 3D to add to my DS collection.

Are those worth it?
Old 04-01-2016, 03:42 PM
Calman's Avatar
Scrub of the year.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvara View Post
I'll take your word for it but I do like the pokemon gimmick in this game.

I saw that there were 6 up on the eshop.

I've been meaning to pick up Picross DS and Picross 3D to add to my DS collection.

Are those worth it?
Never played either, but they're guaranteed to be fun if you enjoy Picross. Picross 3D interests me more though, since it has a unique mode not found in any other Picross game. For the sake of variety, I'd go with that one if you had a choice.
__________________
Follow me on Miiverse:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:01 AM
Joba's Avatar
Question Authority
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,212
Default

Sorry but after playing for a few days, I can say that this game is utter garbage. The worst example of what a cancer the F2P model can be. The game is pretty much unplayable unless you keep spending real money.

The game throws a lock at you that needs 100 picrites or whatever, and pretty much the only way you can earn them is doing a training mode, which you can do only once per day, which earns you maybe 10, and it's easy and boring as hell. So you will need to do a single training stage for 10 days in a row so you can do maybe 3 proper stages.

I would've rather just bought the full game for maybe 5 bucks. Not really though because the actual game isn't that good either.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-09-2016, 03:14 PM
Kinvara's Avatar
Aquatic Admin
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Inkopolis
Posts: 10,562
Default

It's described as "Free to Start" not "Free to Play"

Like with Stretchmo, you can play the beginning stages but after that you have to pay.

Pokemon Shuffle is worse as far as F2Play nonsense goes by my perspective.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:24 PM
Joba's Avatar
Question Authority
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,212
Default

There's different types of Free To Play games. Some of which let you play for as much as you want but make things easier if you spend money, and some of which don't let you play at all if you don't pay.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:12 AM
Calman's Avatar
Scrub of the year.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 534
Default

I've only dropped $5 on the game - a few dollars less than what I bought Picross e for. I refuse to pay any more for it than a standard Picross game, and I intend on finishing the rest of it without paying.

That said, you're right Joba. The model is really antagonistic. The fact that the only way to finish it uninterrupted is to pay a price 5 times that of a standard Picross e game is ridiculous. The only reason I have stuck through it is because I find Picross fun and the later stages house around 12-15 puzzles per area, meaning you can often regain half of what you need to unlock the next one by doing all the missions. The most annoying wait was the couple of months of daily playing it took to unlock the Mega Pencil, but now that's been taken care of I should be good for the rest of the game.

Get into a routine, and it's manageable. Otherwise, don't bother with this game.
__________________
Follow me on Miiverse:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:39 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 15
Default

Unlike shuffle, ive dropped nothing on this game.