Nintendo 3DS Forums
Go Back   Nintendo 3DS Forums > Gaming > Nintendo 3DS Games > Mario 3DS Games General

Mario 3DS Games General From Super Mario 3D Land to Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, discuss the many Mario games available for the 3DS here!

Register today to remove these ads.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:08 PM

I was gonna buy this but no online makes me seriously reconsider.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:42 AM

I'm actually gonna pick up a used copy now. Wasn't gonna get any after no online, but just learned you can do all the multiplayer with just one cartridge. So since I live with my gf and one other roommate and we all have 3DS's, ill pick up a cheap copy.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:44 PM

anyone get it? How is it?
Old 11-24-2013, 12:22 AM

I got Zelda and Mario Party yesterday and started on Zelda but just took a break from it to play an hour of Mario Party. I've never played a Mario Party title before so I may not be the greatest reviewer but the hour (1:07 according to my Activity Log) has been fun and I can see myself playing for many hours further. I like board games in general and the random luck angle doesn't bother me too much -- it can work both ways. On the first board (the only one I've played so far) I got stuck in Bowser's lava trap for many turns even though I won many minigames for bonus dice, but then I got a Crazy Kamek item which switched me with Mario, allowing me to win on my next turn. It has typically colorful Nintendo graphics and, as always with me, the 3D adds an extra element. Lack of online play is annoying considering how well it's been integrated into other games and it seems like a natural for a board game. But there's download play and on Thanksgiving there will be 3 3DS's so at least there's that form of multiplayer.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:58 PM
Ex-Pony Rider

I'll be picking up Island Tour later on Xmas, simply because I own every single Mario Party game, starting with MP2 (I got the original later on), and I just can't miss out on this one. It has sort of become a personal goal to me.
And why would I let this one out? I mean hell, I got MP9 and MP Advance, so why would I not get this one, the one that looks slightly better than both of them and MP8?
Old 11-26-2013, 06:08 PM

I will eventually get it, but it is not one of my priorities. I would probably wait until I can find it a lot cheaper.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:10 PM

I'm going to pick it up with ALBW and Sonic Lost World as soon as gamestop does a buy 2 get 1 used free. Is there a way to know when they will do that next?
Old 11-28-2013, 12:46 AM

Kmart is having a black friday sale with ALBW, MP, and Pokemon X priced at $30 so I;m going to pick those up. The review haven't been very positive, but MP reviews usually aren't and I've enjoyed most of them, especially MP DS.
Old 11-30-2013, 02:37 PM
Wumbo

There was a Buy 2 Get 1 Free at GameStop yesterday for Black Friday, so I picked it up.

For the people that are already playing the game: I have a question- is there any way to change the CPU levels? They're tragically easy on whatever mode they're in, and I want them to be in hard mode or better (I enjoyed brutal mode in the GameCube version!!)
Old 11-30-2013, 03:01 PM
Super Senior Member

is this game really worth buying brand new?
Old 12-09-2013, 07:40 AM
* An Emperor *

Guys, I have a question.

Is Mario Party Island Tour As good as MP9?

I enjoyed MP9 most out of all MP games because it was based mostly on luck which made playing with inexperienced players a challenge not a boring gaming session.

So I want to know if MPIT is similar to MP9.

Thanks.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:28 PM

Okay so I got the game and I went through the 7 boards the game had to offer by myself.

First of all, it's really different than MP9. The game gets back to its individual players roots. Yup, you're all alone again. Also, the majority of the boards are based on "first to reach the end wins" formula, with a twist on each board. How good a board is, IMO, is based on the twist. If you want the board that is the closest to the Mario Party 9 boards, go play Star-Crossed Skyway. This one still has mini stars to collect.

Shy Guy's Shuffle City wasn't available because it required 3-4 people to play, and CPUs weren't available for this one. I won't be able to play this one ever since I'll be playing this game with at most one person, unless I'm that lucky. I guess this one doesn't count ever then.

I found 4 of the 6 boards I could play to be actually fun. About the two others...

Banzai Bill's Mad Mountain is boring and can be frustrating.

Rocket Road is horrible. Like, this map was made so you can win the whole game by just winning a minigame. Seriously.

The minigames are overall good from what I've played so far.

The game overall is not that bad, but there are better Mario Party games out there. It's a good portable one.

It handles the multiplayer the same way as Mario Party DS. One game cartridge for the whole game between multiple 3DS consoles. That is really great, and more games should do so this way. I remember the loading times to be really really really low (almost instant) in Mario Party DS's multiplayer, even in 4 players. I wonder if it's gonna be the same in that 3DS game when I'll play it with someone in a few days.

There's no online mode, though, and while I don't care very much about online Mario Party, that alone makes some people turn way from the game.

I've yet to try the bonus modes the game offers.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:44 PM
Died of Aids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaborg View Post

There's no online mode, though, and while I don't care very much about online Mario Party, that alone makes some people turn way from the game.
That's sort of what killed it for me as well. There are some games that can get away with having no online, but at this point, Mario Party games REALLY need it IMO.