Nintendo 3DS Forums
Go Back   Nintendo 3DS Forums > Gaming > Nintendo 3DS Games > Mario 3DS Games General

Mario 3DS Games General From Super Mario 3D Land to Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, discuss the many Mario games available for the 3DS here!

Register today to remove these ads.
View Poll Results: Do you want a 4th Mario & Luigi RPG on the 3DS?
Yes - I love the series. 194 88.99%
It wouldn't be right on the 3DS. It should be on the DS instead. 4 1.83%
No - I don't want to ever see another Mario & Luigi RPG. 20 9.17%
Voters: 218. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2013, 10:52 PM
PSN ID: Cloroxbb

Just bought this game. It was only $25 on Amazon!
Old 11-09-2013, 02:43 PM

Nice deal.

I have finally beaten the game after 60 hours and 28 minutes. Intense mode will be fun!
Old 11-09-2013, 02:53 PM
LoZ is Love, LoZ is Life

why isn't there an option that says that I like the game but I don't want one right now? I mean there already is a M&L RPG game on the 3DS, but one is enough.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:47 PM

I would appreciate another Mario & Luigi title for the 3DS. But, they should definitely wait 2 years at least. I'm thinking about buying Bowser's Inside Story once I have cleared Intense mode.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:54 PM
No one is safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MimisMan View Post
why isn't there an option that says that I like the game but I don't want one right now? I mean there already is a M&L RPG game on the 3DS, but one is enough.
The poll was made before Dream Team was announced. Notice it says "4th" Mario and Luigi game which would be Dream Team, and how the final one mentions it should be on the DS "To be fair" which would imply this was back when the 3ds was still new.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:52 AM
PM me for Wii U-sername!

FINALLY beat the game after 30 hours and on-and-off playing since I got it way back in August. Yea…super lazy with my games.

Thoughts on story/final bosses:
Spoiler!
Old 11-21-2013, 03:57 AM
Ooohh banana!

I did enjoy this game a lot, but for some reason I just didn't find it as exciting to play as I hoped. I got bored during some parts of it. But still, it's a good game and a better Mario RPG than Paper Mario: Sticker Star is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MimisMan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.BossMan View Post
I would appreciate another Mario & Luigi title for the 3DS. But, they should definitely wait 2 years at least. I'm thinking about buying Bowser's Inside Story once I have cleared Intense mode.
lol... Doesn't anybody check thread dates?

The next M&L game in the series is the 5th one, not the 4th. I created this thread and poll almost 3 years ago, so way, waaaay before Dream Team (which IS the 4th game in the series) was announced.
Old 11-21-2013, 02:30 PM

Lol my bad.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:14 AM

I finished the game yesterday. The game was fantastic overall, and I still can't get the battle music out of my head. This totally blew Bowser's Inside Story out the water for my favorite Mario & Luigi game.

But am I the only one who felt that the entire Driftwood Shore section with the Dream Eggs was a complete waste of time?
Spoiler!

Last edited by sonic260; 01-06-2014 at 02:27 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic260 View Post
I finished the game yesterday. The game was fantastic overall, and I still can't get the battle music out of my head. This totally blew Bowser's Inside Story out the water for my favorite Mario & Luigi game.

But am I the only one who felt that the entire Driftwood Shore section with the Dream Eggs was a complete waste of time?
Spoiler!
That part was a little dull, as well as the part where you need to break the rocks to get the piece. The worst parts overall were all the obvious giant luigi fights. The zeek keeper being the worst and most annoying. The gyroscope stuff was so annoying.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:12 AM

With the exception of having to use the gyroscope to aim for such a small target during the finishers, not to mention I could never get an Excellent on the Bros. Attack, the giant battles were actually some of my favorite sections. I liked how they changed the battlefield for each boss, and the scripting made them epic.

My problem with the Zeekeeper is that he either got waaay too much attack time, or his attacks did too much damage during that time frame. Either one didn't really leave a lot of room for error, and it resulted in my first Game Over in a giant fight. The gyroscrope didn't give me too much trouble, though I'm lucky not to have been hit with the glitch where a lot of people reported it would stop working completely.

Dream Teams Giant battles aren't perfect and definitely have some flaws, but I think they're an improvement over Bowser's Inside Story's giant fights (like the awkward DS angle and how the mic on the DSi wouldn't even pick up the sound for the flamethrower, and it's on the freaking hinge! -_-)
Old 01-14-2014, 04:18 AM
* An Emperor *

Let's hope Nintendo decides to work on a 2nd Mario and Luigi game for the 3DS just like they did for the DS.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:29 PM

I got this pre installed on my 3dsXL, looking forward to starting after I finish W101 and Link Between Worlds!
Old 07-14-2014, 07:21 PM

Now that it has been a year, how would those of you who have played Dream Team rank it compared with other entries in the series (SS, PiT, BIS)?

I still have not played it, and would be glad to hear everyone's input.