Nintendo 3DS Forums
Go Back   Nintendo 3DS Forums > Gaming > Nintendo 3DS > Questions & Answers

Questions & Answers Having technical issues with your Nintendo 3DS? Confused about a particular feature? Get your questions answered here!

Register today to remove these ads.
Old 12-24-2015, 11:56 PM

Default Can I move downloaded games from TWO 3DSes onto ONE 3DS XL

Question is in title: can I move the downloaded games from two seperate 3DSes onto one 3DS? My wife and I each have our own 3DS, but we're thinking of upgrading to, and sharing, a single 3DS XL. We're curious if it's possible to move the downloaded games from BOTH of our 3DSes onto a single 3DS XL.

Thanks for the help.
Old 12-25-2015, 01:12 PM
Question Authority

Yes, when you system transfer to a 3DS, both of the systems will have their games combined into the new system.

So you need to transfer from your 3DS to your wife's 3DS, then from that to the New 3DS XL. You'll have everything from both your 3DS's on the New 3DS XL.

Except that only the original NNID will be there, so be sure to start with the system whose NNID you want to preserve.

Quote:
All content downloaded via the Nintendo eShop on both systems (DSiWare, Ambassador games and status, Nintendo 3DS Downloadable software, etc.) will be combined together onto the target system.
If one of the systems was linked to a Nintendo Network ID, the Nintendo eShop content will be associated with that ID.
After the transfer is complete, titles will be available to redownload from the Nintendo eShop on the target system.
Any game data that is duplicated on both systems is overwritten by the data on the source system.
Any games and funds purchased with the Nintendo eShop will no longer be playable on the system they were transferred from.
http://en-americas-support.nintendo....fer-process%3F

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.