Nintendo 3DS Forums
Go Back   Nintendo 3DS Forums > Gaming > Nintendo 3DS > Questions & Answers

Questions & Answers Having technical issues with your Nintendo 3DS? Confused about a particular feature? Get your questions answered here!

Register today to remove these ads.
Old 07-02-2016, 02:58 PM

Default Circle Pad slightly messed up. Should I worry?

So first of all, yes, I've been playing Smash since 2015 and I have a regular 3DS. I realized there was a problem when I was re-calibrating the Pad, because when I rotate it in a circular motion form left to right (especially when I do it a bit quicker) I realized that it would pretty much jump from left to up without going through the edge in between, and same goes from right to down, and it happend reversedly when doing it the other direction. Another thing that I noticed while in the character select screen is that if I move the pad up or down and release it instantly, the cursor would move slowly in that direction instead of coming to a full stop as it should, and then to test my theory I did that same motion while playing and pressing A less than a second after, it would register like an A-Tilt attack, and of course, while testing it in the calibration, I saw that the cursor would return rather "slowly" to the central position rather than instantly like the left and right motions do. Finally, to test it out, I borrowed a regular 3DS XL barely used and it was working perfectly fine unlike mine does (and no Johns but I think that might have been messing up my commands a bit). Anyway, it isn't really a big big issue though it bothers me and I need to know: should I worry? What precautions do I take? And, can it be fixed?
Old 08-07-2016, 07:24 PM
Magicant

Well, as a pretty avid Smash player, lemme give you some help.

I've been playing since May of this year on a regular original 3DS and my circle pad grip came off in about 2 months of activity. More recently I made the upgrade to the Newest model so I could not only have a better and larger system, but for a variety of other exclusive SNES games and whatnot. So with that being said, the old 3DS' circle pad is definitely obsolete and you should probably consider either finding a mechanic who specializes in that kind of work or upgrading yourself.
Old 08-07-2016, 10:46 PM

Oh yeah, I forgot about this, lol
From waiting for an answer I said "whatever" and cracked open my 3DS partly for curiosity, and removed the whole Circle Pad thing for fun and to clean it a little if I could, when I reconnected it and closed the thing it was working just fine, so... yeah, weird issue eh? Anyways, thanks dude
Old 08-08-2016, 01:09 AM
Magicant

Interesting! Good intuition on the repairs necessary. x'D

And np.