Nintendo 3DS Forums
Go Back   Nintendo 3DS Forums > Gaming > Nintendo 3DS Games

Nintendo 3DS Games Talk about the games on the Nintendo 3DS.

Register today to remove these ads.
Old 06-18-2015, 04:37 PM

Default Metroid Prime: Federation Force: Online co-op FPS for 3DS

Metroid Prime: Federation Force

Join a four-player local or online squad in this co-operative sci-fi shooter set in the Metroid universe. Hop in a specialized battle Mech suit and work with your teammates to take down enemy forces and complete objective- based missions. Then, take a break and play a fun, pick-up game of Blast Ball with fellow troops. Source

Although the game might not be the Metroid title people wanted, it is nice to see another 3DS title with online co-op arriving to the 3DS. What's more, it is being developed by Next Level Games, who developed Luigi's Mansion 2 which has one of the best coop online multiplayer experiences on the 3DS. It even has a version of soccer with guns (Blast Ball) to boot!

New Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbKY_DYLZf8
For those of you who are interested in this title, what are you most looking forward to when this game releases this year?

Last edited by Helicoprion; 03-06-2016 at 02:22 AM.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:08 PM
No Bombs in Nintendoland

It looks fun, even if they're doing this to try and make the metroid fans happy. I'll probably be looking for some hidden lore with this game.

But I would reeeeally much rather have a spin-off for wiiu using the same mechanics found in nintendolands metroid game. Now that would have been an exciting multiplayer game for me.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:14 AM

I have a lot of negative feelings towards Nintendo surrounding this game. I'm not going to get into them because there might be people looking at this game and being excited to play it. I will however say that whether this turns out to be an outstanding game or complete garbage, I wish Nintendo would remove "Prime" from the title. It has nothing as far as I can tell with the Metroid Prime games and calling it "Metroid Prime Federation Force" can be misleading to people.
Old 06-20-2015, 01:07 PM
Question Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DmetroidFAN View Post
I have a lot of negative feelings towards Nintendo surrounding this game. I'm not going to get into them because there might be people looking at this game and being excited to play it. I will however say that whether this turns out to be an outstanding game or complete garbage, I wish Nintendo would remove "Prime" from the title. It has nothing as far as I can tell with the Metroid Prime games and calling it "Metroid Prime Federation Force" can be misleading to people.
A lot of people aren't commenting on this thread because they don't want to **** on the game too much in case there's someone who actually wanted this.... Anyone...? Hello....?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-20-2015, 03:51 PM
Aquatic Admin

This game should hopefully end up decent.

It looks like it has a long way to go before it's finished so it's hard to tell right now if this is something I'd enjoy
Old 06-20-2015, 04:07 PM
テキテケテキですか?

I'm more annoyed at how bad this game looks than the art style or the fact it's a spinoff.
The mission mode they showed off in the Treehouse looks terribly shallow and repetitive, and blast ball looks like a one dollar e-shop game.

I really hope there's some kind of campaign that salvages it, because if not I have no idea what happened to Next Level Games' usual standard of quality.
Old 06-24-2015, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DmetroidFAN View Post
What's in a name? Maybe Nintendo should call this game "Metroid Prime Universe/Federation Force".
Now suddenly a whole lot of gaming possibilities are available to be realised, with the simple addition of the word "Universe" in the title.
This could be our introduction to the federation marines as a playable character. After this, the federation marines might get a complete game of their own on the NX console . And since we're in the 'universe' now we can go back into ancient time and play as Chozo, or even a game where you get to play as Ridley. We'll fall in love with being a space pirate and will never let Samus shoot another one again.
As far as the look and feel of this game goes, Nintendo won't let us down. Making good looking great playing games, it's just what they do.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:13 PM

At first, I was really disappointed when this was announced as I've also been looking forward to another Metroid game. But the more I think about it, the more I'm starting to like this game. I mean, this isn't The Legend of Zelda wherein Link is destined to always be the hero. In the Metroid universe, Samus can't be the only hero, right? This is an opportunity to expand the Metroid lore.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:11 PM
Digital Artist

Will definitely try it out. I had fun with Metroid Prime Hunters's multiplayer.
Old 03-06-2016, 02:19 AM

New Trailer!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbKY_DYLZf8

And a hands-on preview by Gamexplain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0j8Nv1na-0
Old 03-06-2016, 02:35 AM
テキテケテキですか?

Why is the whole world scaled to the Federations giant supermechs
It looks super weird when they exit the armor
Old 03-06-2016, 06:33 AM

Why are the suits even super mechs in the first place? In every other game, federation troopers just wore them as normal suits like samus wears hers.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:08 AM

New trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L7moeWarhw

In the meantime, you can enjoy the Blastball demo on the eShop.

With only 9 days left to release, are any of you planning on buying this game?
Old 08-10-2016, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicoprion View Post
are any of you planning on buying this game?
no.............
Old 08-13-2016, 05:06 PM
Aquatic Admin

It looks like it's too focused on co-op and multiplayer to be of interest to me.

Definitely going to pass on this one.
Old 09-15-2016, 12:41 PM

Got the game when it came out. Its decent enough. Too bad few people got interested. Wrote about the hate that it's getting here: http://3rdworldgeeks.com/2016/09/09/...eration-force/
Old 09-15-2016, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
Got the game when it came out. Its decent enough. Too bad few people got interested. Wrote about the hate that it's getting here: http://3rdworldgeeks.com/2016/09/09/...eration-force/
Because the concept of a co-op shooter is like the exact opposite of why people like metroid in the first place. So there is a market for that out there, but marketing for the metroid fanbase was a bad idea. I personally don't like co-op games like that at all.