Nintendo 3DS Forums
Go Back   Nintendo 3DS Forums > Gaming > Nintendo 3DS Games

Nintendo 3DS Games Talk about the games on the Nintendo 3DS.

Register today to remove these ads.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:38 PM
Hero of Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smileygirl64 View Post
OK... I am new to this... What does one have to do to download Minecraft to 3DS? Has been promised by someone who performs miracles in the holiday season...
That's not how it works...
Old 12-18-2012, 04:44 PM

This has probably already been said somewhere in the 25 pages.
But there's no way the 3DS will be able to handle the openworld scenario Minecraft offers. The 3DS just isn't powerful enough, Minecraft uses quite some resources.

Of course you got the portable version on Android/iOS now, but I don't see the 3DS tackling that either. Though I like the idea, I just don't see it happening, even if Notch was willing to. A creeper blowing up in your face might look pretty cool in 3D though.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artwork View Post
This has probably already been said somewhere in the 25 pages.
But there's no way the 3DS will be able to handle the openworld scenario Minecraft offers. The 3DS just isn't powerful enough, Minecraft uses quite some resources.

Of course you got the portable version on Android/iOS now, but I don't see the 3DS tackling that either. Though I like the idea, I just don't see it happening, even if Notch was willing to. A creeper blowing up in your face might look pretty cool in 3D though.
It probably won't happen by Mojang, but it would be cool if someone made a fanmade version of it. You know, someone made DSCraft for DS which looked pretty cool. And a version for 3DS would look even better.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:42 PM

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...arity_in_japan

It could still happen. One can always hope anyway; after all, Notch did express enthusiasm about bringing it to the 3DS a while back.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:28 AM

well, we have Minecraft on the WiiU with the possibility of a physical release and amiibos. We already have Cube Creator 3D, do you think we may see Minecraft 3D anytime soon?
Old 02-19-2016, 10:11 PM

I would love to have a portable version of Minecraft that isn't on mobile phones. The added controls instead of touch screen would be a huge plus.

Minecraft is also the type of game that is good to play in small stints, when travelling for example, or for many hours at once.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:08 PM

It looks great, if anything though, it'll probably be made exclusively for the new 3DS